PDA

View Full Version : Found The Missing Link!

Ross
08-06-2004, 07:33 AM
OK. A lot of you may remember that a few months ago I posted that I had purchased Dennis' exhaust setup, MINUS the Magnaflows. I was concerned about "too much noise," I didn't want to spend the extra money for new mufflers along with the rest of the kit, and I didn't understand that the kit alone without the mufflers just didn't do the whole job.
After installing the kit, I posted about my dissatisfaction with not feeling any new SOTP power, and a lot of folks, both on the board and in PM's, explained that the new, more open exhaust would hit a bottleneck when it got back to the smaller OEM pipes and mufflers after the new X pipe. That made sense, I just hadn't realized it before since the kit is sold either with or without the mufflers.
I was still concerned that Magnaflows would make "too much noise," so Gordon (Haggis) kindly offered to let me listen through the telephone while he went out to his car and revved it up some. I wasn't scared off by his sound, so I bit the bullet and ordered Magnaflows for myself.
Well, as usual, for several reasons, it took me awhile to get the things put on the car. Yesterday, however, I had them installed and now I know what the new exhaust is supposed to do!
There is a definte SOTP difference, even Dawn could tell a difference last night. The sound is excellent. Almost no sound at idle, and a deep, throaty, "masculine" growl on accelleration. No cabin drone at 80 MPH.
Thanks to all who gave help, assistance and advice on this. This has been my most expensive mod, and I'm now happy that I made the investment.
Thanks to Dennis for another good product.

Haggis
08-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Ross glad that I was able to help you make a decision. I am also happy both you and Dawn are satisfied with the sound. If I can ever be of help in the future do not hesitate to call.

MAD-3R
08-06-2004, 08:07 AM
And from the title, I thought you had found a picture of me.

2003 MIB
08-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I was still concerned that Magnaflows would make "too much noise," so Gordon (Haggis) kindly offered to let me listen through the telephone while he went out to his car and revved it up some.
I love it!!!-this post made my day. I picture the neighbors of Haggis and Ladyhawke just shaking their heads while this is going on... Much fun!!:D

Ross
08-06-2004, 11:18 AM
I love it!!!-this post made my day. I picture the neighbors of Haggis and Ladyhawke just shaking their heads while this is going on... Much fun!!:D

Dan, if you think that's funny, just picture what was going on at my house:

Dawn: Who are you talking to on the phone?

Me: I'm listening to some guy's mufflers in Maryland.

Dawn: ---shaking head, rolling eyes, walking away like she married an idiot.(again)---

Haggis
08-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Dan, if you think that's funny, just picture what was going on at my house:

Dawn: Who are you talking to on the phone?

Me: I'm listening to some guy's mufflers in Maryland.

Dawn: ---shaking head, rolling eyes, walking away like she married an idiot.(again)---

And my neighbor asking: "What you doing?"
Me: "This guy in Texas is listening to my mufflers."
Neighbor: "Oh, oh ok." as he slowly backs away shaking his head. :shake:

Ross
08-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Some people just don't understand! :cry:

Haggis
08-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Some people just don't understand! :cry:

They're just not car people. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/k/carleftred.gif