PDA

View Full Version : Why not ME GT

chrish
08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Went and ordered a trunk organizer at COVERT Ford in HOTTO TX. still waiting... they told me they were geting three[3] FORD GT's. Why not me ? Got the loote ,just NO car.. There are three owners [brothers] of the huge !12,000 per year dealership dealer ... They forgot to tell me... Show me the GT... I will buy it for a regular price....!!!!!!!!!!! :bows: :eek: :bounce: :bounce:

TAF
08-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Went and ordered a trunk organizer at COVERT Ford in HOTTO TX. still waiting... they told me they were geting three[3] FORD GT's. Why not me ? Got the loote ,just NO car.. There are three owners [brothers] of the huge !12,000 per year dealership dealer ... They forgot to tell me... Show me the GT... I will buy it for a regular price....!!!!!!!!!!! :bows: :eek: :bounce: :bounce:
Go for it then chrish...but, don't expect to pay "regular price"...Team Ford is selling there's (I think they are getting 2 right now) for $240K...and they apparently have 3-4 guys fighting over the opportunity...first one is in Red BTW.

Bigdogjim
08-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Only one per dealership.

chrish
08-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Only one per dealership.
My man tells me three??? not true... don't know.. Bought my Viper when there were none.. But this car might be different.. I'm pleading with you FORD.. sell me a car ..got to have a GT :cry: :cry:

Donny Carlson
08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
My man tells me three??? not true... don't know.. Bought my Viper when there were none.. But this car might be different.. I'm pleading with you FORD.. sell me a car ..got to have a GT :cry: :cry:
I, originally, thought the same as Big Dog - that dealers were limited to 1 per, unless they bought it from another dealer, which some would do.

But then, look at this site:

www.fordgt.net (http://www.fordgt.net)

Olathe Ford, Kansas City's largest Ford dealer, says they will get 3, and the first one will be available for sale in August.

Todd's right though, expect to pay a substantial amount over sticker.

Logan
08-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I actually drove past Covert Ford today on one of my secret missions to Austin...

SouLRioT
08-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Oh, so that means you placed your order for one of their gt's, is that why I saw a guy named logan as the admin for fordgt.net......

chrish
08-09-2004, 08:07 PM
I actually drove past Covert Ford today on one of my secret missions to Austin...
Logan did you see the Blackwood out front on the car tilt & lift? Thisis NOT the truck from my earlier post .But, this one has terible paint.. not do to FORD.. do to neglect .. scratches everyware.. :fire: :puke:

BillyGman
08-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Hmmmm, I have no idea whether or not I should take you seriously, but I think if there is any way possible you can afford one of those bad boy GT's, you should do whatever it is that you have to in order to get one. I think those cars will make any Viper look like a straight line only piece of junk. You just won't beat the handling of a well designed mid-engine car w/a front engine car. Aint gonna happen.

Furthermore, the GT being a mid-engine car, and therefore having better front to back weight distribution than the Viper does, it will also grab a lot better off the line, and produce better 60' times than any stock Viper would even if you were adventurous enough to take it to the dragstrip. Besides that, I personally think that the GT looks waaaaay better than any Viper ever did.

If you're really serious about getting one of these, I have a fantastic idea that would greatly increase your chances of getting one, (according to some inside info that a dealer gave me about these cars) but I'm not gonna bother posting it here since I don't even know if I should take you seriously about being able to afford one of those cars. If you're interested, you can write to me.

studio460
08-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey guys and gals . . . Jay Leno just received his BRAND NEW 2005 Ford GT today at NBC. It's 'No.12.' Apparently, Ford keeps the first 10 for their museum and stuff. Don't know who got the first one--reportedly, Jay got the second GT offered for sale to the public, hence the number '12.' Click the photos icon above, or the link below to see some of the pics . . .

2005 Ford GT No.12 Photos (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/708)

BillyGman
08-10-2004, 02:20 AM
WOW!!! That car looks even better than any of the other GT's I've seen pics of!!!!! I don't like his choice of wheels, because the other ones that are also available for that car are nice looking IMO. But the car is still simply stunning! Nice pics Shooter!!!! Thanks.......:up:

TAF
08-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Ah...Shooter, you come through once again, my friend. NICE job!!! :up:

I don't know which looks better...that Ford GT in red...or Gina...or Brooke...you DO have a knack for finding..."sleek' things in red!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/708nbc-ginalee_7823-med.jpg (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/1123/size/big/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/500)

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/708Brooke_Burns_in_Hawaii-800-2-med.jpg (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/1122/size/big/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/500)

Logan
08-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Such a rough life he leads eh?

TAF
08-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Such a rough life he leads eh?

Who? Jay Leno...or Shooter? Or both? ;) :D

SouLRioT
08-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Shooter, Jay say anything about the MM, I'm sure he has one of these too.

cyclone03
08-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Hey guys and gals . . . Jay Leno just received his BRAND NEW 2005 Ford GT today at NBC. It's 'No.12.' Apparently, Ford keeps the first 10 for their museum and stuff. Don't know who got the first one--reportedly, Jay got the second GT offered for sale to the public, hence the number '12.' Click the photos icon above, or the link below to see some of the pics . . .

2005 Ford GT No.12 Photos (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/708)

Shooter what kind of POS does Bill Mahr drive that Jay parks so far a way?

Jay's spot marked #1,Mahr's #2.

By the way if anybody gets out to LA take the NBC tour just to see what Jay drove to work,day I went was a Jag.

cyclone03
08-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Shooter I like how your Marauder is in the pic with the GT,nice set up. :burnout:

TAF
08-10-2004, 11:00 AM

By the way if anybody gets out to LA take the NBC tour just to see what Jay drove to work,day I went was a Jag.
Not Bill Mahr...it says Paul Moyer...I think he is the local NBC newsanchor out there. (So. Cal. folks can correct me if I'm wrong) I think he's been on forever, and he probably negotiated that spot next to Jay in his contract, would be my guess. :argue: *I want to park next to Jay*:argue: :argue: * But, you drive a POS *:argue: :argue: *I don't care...you gave Fred Roggin the espresso machine in his dressingroom* :argue:

SouLRioT
08-10-2004, 11:29 AM
http://images.ibsys.com/2002/0320/1314506_200X150.jpg Kevin's has what looks like a pathfinder in the number 3 spot.

chrish
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM

some guy at microsoft bought the first car to the public 550k'ish.. Bid it in a raffle Ford promiced 8-6-04 ish & delivered on that date as promissed... Read it in auto week last week............ :cool4:

chrish
08-10-2004, 01:42 PM
The shot with Leno standing there the rear of the GT has a rake just like my old 72' MACH 1... Check it out... :confused:

Marauderman
08-10-2004, 01:43 PM
) for $240K...and they apparently have 3-4 guys fighting over the opportunity....
............240K!!!!!! You have got to be kidding!!!!!!

CRUZTAKER
08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
My brother's dealership has two...it's all in the raffle, and the top selling shops as to how many you get.

And ChrisH....it's nice to know you have the $$$, but if you are not the chosen one, or know the right people...your money means nada.:alone:

TAF
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
And ChrisH....it's nice to know you have the $$$, but if you are not the chosen one, or know the right people...your money means nada.:alone:
Anyway...we ALL know...that Marty...is the chosen one... :shake:

SouLRioT
08-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I thought Logan was......the........one,...... ................neo.........ht tp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?u=1&dateline=1080957838

cyclone03
08-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Not Bill Mahr...it says Paul Moyer...I think he is the local NBC newsanchor out there. (So. Cal. folks can correct me if I'm wrong) I think he's been on forever, and he probably negotiated that spot next to Jay in his contract, would be my guess. :argue: *I want to park next to Jay*:argue: :argue: * But, you drive a POS *:argue: :argue: *I don't care...you gave Fred Roggin the espresso machine in his dressingroom* :argue:

I'll agree Todd.
The local news is shot in the same building there in Burbank.
Your right Paul Moyer has been there forever.
So what kind of POS does Paul Moyer drive that Jay parks so far away?

TAF
08-10-2004, 05:35 PM
So what kind of POS does Paul Moyer drive that Jay parks so far away?I think it was demonstrated in the recent video posted by Chris (Silver04) of the latest "Top Gear" show featuring the GT...where at the end, they showed that in order to get in the GT (because of the "roof-cut attachments" on the doors) you have to open them wide to get in.

But...then again...I also think....that as fas as parking at the Burbank studios goes...Jay can probably park anywhere, and as w i d e as he darn well pleases. ;)

Even though, I'm a "Letterman Man" myself :up:

studio460
08-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Glad everyone liked the pictures! The reds got kind of distorted during my Photoshop colorspace conversion . . . oh well. I think Paul Moyer drives a Porsche (almost EVERYONE at KNBC drives a Porsche). Bill Maher shoots his show at CBS Television City in the Fairfax district (other side of town)--he drives a hybrid, a Prius, I think. I was standing near Jay, and I thought about asking him about the Marauder, but then I just felt silly. He literally drives a different car in everyday. He has a nice Z06 he drives in a few times a month. He even has this antique fire truck he drives sometimes. I don't think Jay has a Marauder.

Todd: Given the choice of either Brooke or Gina (or both), or the Ford GT, I would have a pretty tough time choosing (though, I'm pretty sure BillyG wouldn't). I guess if I actually HAD a Ford GT, I guess, I could then attract a Brooke or Gina look-alike . . .

BillyGman
08-11-2004, 12:57 AM
BAAAAAHHH....gimmie the Ford GT any day of the week!!! It will give me less problems than most women have......;)

cyclone03
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
BAAAAAHHH....gimmie the Ford GT any day of the week!!! It will give me less problems than most women have......;)

Boy you got that right Brotha!