PDA

View Full Version : The craziest thing I've read all year...

Slowpoke
08-10-2004, 07:13 PM
This marks the first time in my life that I actually copied and pasted a story I read somewhere else to this, or any other, website.... I simply could not resist.....

from the CNN website:

MANILA, Philippines (AP) -- Four members of a family have been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly killing and eating a relative during a wedding reception -- and serving his flesh to unwitting party guests, police have said.

At the July 17 wedding of his daughter, Eladio Baule got angry with his cousin Benjie Ganay who tripped and accidentally touched the bride's bottom, said Senior Police Inspector Perla Bacuel, at Narra town in Palawan province, southwest of Manila.

A few hours later, Baule, his son Gerald, another cousin Junnie Buyot and a nephew, Sabtuari Pique, allegedly confronted Ganay, then drove him to a secluded place where they stabbed him to death, Bacuel said.

Buyot, who surrendered to police and is acting as a witness, told police they then roasted Ganay's body using coconut leaves and kerosene, Bacuel said.

Baule senior later forced Buyot to take a bite of Ganay's flesh, which he claims he threw up but was then forced at knifepoint to swallow, Bacuel said.

Buyot told police that the group returned to the party and served some of Ganay's cooked remains to guests who were still celebrating the wedding, Bacuel said.

"It was perhaps due to their drunkenness. They probably didn't know what they were eating," he said.

Buyot reported the incident several days later to a local village leader who took him to police. Pique also surrendered, and Baule and his son were arrested.

Superintendent Rey Lanada, Palawan provincial police chief, said cannibalism would be treated as an aggravating circumstance in the crime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

crazy, huh?

Slowpoke
08-10-2004, 07:16 PM
incidently, that was my 700th post and no where in it did I solicit the sale of Mercury Marauder pens!

FiveO
08-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Gotta love those pens :)

Order people!!!!! Take these off his hands!

Patrick
08-10-2004, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Slowpoke]This marks the first time in my life that I actually copied and pasted a story I read somewhere else to this, or any other, website.... I simply could not resist.....

from the CNN website:

MANILA, Philippines (AP) -- Four members of a family have been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly killing and eating a relative during a wedding reception -- and serving his flesh to unwitting party guests, police have said.

At the July 17 wedding of his daughter, Eladio Baule got angry with his cousin Benjie Ganay who tripped and accidentally touched the bride's bottom, said Senior Police Inspector Per

WTK????

Patrick
08-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Gotta love those pens :)

Order people!!!!! Take these off his hands!

I got the pens great!!! Thanks! Just missing the ponit??

Bigdogjim
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
OK? Was thier a point?

Slowpoke
08-10-2004, 07:51 PM
there was no point other than the story from CNN was totally outrageous!

When i went back and looked at the post I saw it was #700 for me and thought I'd make another comment that it had nothing to do with selling pens, which of course is now not the case.

No hidden meaning; no read-between-the-lines thought required.

I am going to sleep now for some much-needed sleep!

RoyLPita
08-11-2004, 04:50 AM
As for the story: were they not serving dog at the wedding?! J/K

BTW: who won the George Forman grille contest?

SouLRioT
08-11-2004, 04:57 AM
This from CNN is the type of stuff that is mindless..........

DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (AP) -- A man who was angry about a suspected theft recruited three teenagers to stab and beat six people to death with baseball bats in a Florida home, investigators said Sunday after making four arrests.

Remains of the six victims -- four men and two women -- were found Friday in the blood-spattered home.

All four suspects have been charged with first-degree murder and armed burglary, the Volusia County sheriff's department said. All of the victims had been stabbed, but autopsies determined the cause of death was the beating injuries.

Troy Victorino, 27, of Deltona was identified as the ringleader. Also arrested were Robert Cannon, 18, of Orange City, Jerone Hunter, 18, of Deltona and Michael Salas, 18, of Deltona.

"Officials struggling to come up with a motive for the crime believe the killings were committed over the theft of some clothes and an Xbox game system owned by Victorino," who has a criminal record for assault, a statement from the sheriff's office said.

The bodies were discovered in a three-bedroom home in Deltona, about 25 miles north of Orlando, after one victim's co-worker at Burger King called a friend and asked the person to visit the home because the victim had not arrived for work, officials said.

The sheriff's office on Saturday identified the victims as Michelle Ann Nathan, 19; Anthony Vega, 34; Roberto "Tito" Gonzalez, 28, of New York; Francisco Ayo Roman, 30; and Jonathan Gleason, 18. Authorities had not yet positively identified the sixth victim by late Saturday.

The killing spree in the working-class, bedroom community of more than 70,000 people was the deadliest in Florida since 1990, when a man whose car was repossessed shot eight people to death at a Jacksonville loan office before turning the gun on himself

2003 MIB
08-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Buyot told police that the group returned to the party and served some of Ganay's cooked remains to guests who were still celebrating the wedding, Bacuel said.

"It was perhaps due to their drunkenness. They probably didn't know what they were eating," he said.

Superintendent Rey Lanada, Palawan provincial police chief, said cannibalism would be treated as an aggravating circumstance in the crime.
Well, I guess we've all been there at one time or another...Bummer.

Slowpoke
08-11-2004, 05:20 AM
tallboy won the George Foreman grill.... the party is at his house this weekend!

Dan
08-11-2004, 05:50 AM
Q: How do you help a starving cannibal?

A: Give him a hand.

Dan
08-11-2004, 05:50 AM
I guess the highlight of the wedding was "toasting" the happy couple.

MERCMAN
08-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Guess the deceased was not a clown, they taste funny!!!