PDA

View Full Version : My New Adventure

Ross
08-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I graduated from Sam Houston State University, a nice place with about 12K students in Huntsville, Texas, about an hour north of Houston. Dawn and I would eventually love to move to Huntsville and maybe have a few acres in the country to live on. I have always wanted to teach at the college, which has the most respected Criminal Justice program in the country. I have been trying for several years to get a position as an adjunct professor so that I would have my foot in the door, in case I am ever in a position where I can afford to stop practicing law and teach full time (not a likely proposition, but I can dream).
I have finally been appointed to teach this fall on Tuesday evenings. I will leave work around 4:00 and drive up to Huntsville and teach from 6-9. If all goes well hopefully they will offer me another class for next Spring, and so on. Who knows, I may one day actually have the chance to move up to the country and teach full time like I would like to do. Check back with me in about ten years on that! In the meantime, just call me Professor!

valkyrie
08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I graduated from Sam Houston State University, a nice place with about 12K students in Huntsville, Texas, about an hour north of Houston. Dawn and I would eventually love to move to Huntsville and maybe have a few acres in the country to live on. I have always wanted to teach at the college, which has the most respected Criminal Justice program in the country. I have been trying for several years to get a position as an adjunct professor so that I would have my foot in the door, in case I am ever in a position where I can afford to stop practicing law and teach full time (not a likely proposition, but I can dream).
I have finally been appointed to teach this fall on Tuesday evenings. I will leave work around 4:00 and drive up to Huntsville and teach from 6-9. If all goes well hopefully they will offer me another class for next Spring, and so on. Who knows, I may one day actually have the chance to move up to the country and teach full time like I would like to do. Check back with me in about ten years on that! In the meantime, just call me Professor!

Congratulations "Professor"!

Dr Caleb
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Congrats man! Sounds like a small step towards a big dream!

Haggis
08-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Congratulations "Professor"!

Yes and say hi to Maryann for me. :D

TripleTransAm
08-11-2004, 12:30 PM
I have always wanted to teach at the college, which has the most respected Criminal Justice program in the country.

What a coincidence... My college puts out the most respected Criminals in the country! :P

Congrats, Professor.

So, are you going to be cruising all the hip popular lounges in the area under assumed name of Buddy Love, Professor? ;)

BruteForce
08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Congrats Ross. This coming from a former PhD applicant who decided he didn't want to stay in academia for the rest of his life. Steady work but unless you have an insatiable curiosity for your field, it will get boring in a decade or two. :help:

mrjones
08-11-2004, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Ross]I graduated from Sam Houston State University,

As a Lumberjack, I'm sorry to hear that!!

Congrats on the new job, Professor!!

Ross
08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
So, are you going to be cruising all the hip popular lounges in the area under assumed name of Buddy Love, Professor? ;)

You guessed my real reason for wanting to teach in college!

RCSignals
08-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Way to go Professor Ross! :up:

Now you just have to develop eyeballs in the back of your head, and learn to duck spit-balls. (You know those Criminal Justice/Law students)

jgc61sr2002
08-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Ross - Congrats and good luck. :up:

Silver_04
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Congrats for that is great news.

Bluerauder
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
In the meantime, just call me Professor!
Congrats, Professor !!!! :up:

2003 MIB
08-30-2004, 10:24 AM
I can't believe I missed this thread.

Ross is going to excel at this endeavor. We wish you the best!!

GordonB
08-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Ross,
Congrats, professor!!!
GordonB

Ross
08-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks to all for the kind words. First class is tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it turns out.