PDA

View Full Version : Met A GI Last Night

Ross
08-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Last night Dawn and I were at the Houston Airport picking up a friend. While waiting, I saw an Army staff sergeant with a First Cavalry Division patch on his desert fatigues. I went over to him and asked him where he was returning from. He said, "Bagdad, home for 2 weeks." I shook his hand and thanked him for serving. I also told him to KEEP KIKKIN' ASS! He seemed thankful to have someone appreciate what they were doing. I kind of had to try to keep from getting a little choked up as I walked away. Kind of sentimental over things like that. Thank someone in uniform when you get a chance. You may be the only one who does.

Patrick
08-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Amen!!! :bows: :bows: :up: :up: :up:

jgc61sr2002
08-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Ross - A very nice jesture. :up: I couldn't agree more.

2003 MIB
08-12-2004, 12:01 PM
I kind of had to try to keep from getting a little choked up as I walked away. Kind of sentimental over things like that.
Me too. They seem so young. I guess we were young when we served too but it just seems different now. I want them home.

dwasson
08-12-2004, 12:24 PM
We were flying home from NYC a few weeks ago and a bunch of us on the plane told the flight attendants that we'd pay for the drinks for the 3 soldiers on the plane. They seemed to like that. :beer:

Bluerauder
08-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Last night Dawn and I were at the Houston Airport picking up a friend. While waiting, I saw an Army staff sergeant with a First Cavalry Division patch on his desert fatigues. I went over to him and asked him where he was returning from. He said, "Bagdad, home for 2 weeks."
My son comes home in 14 days for his 2 weeks of R&R. He is a Captain in the 1st Cavalry Division. He will be seeing his new wife for the 1st time in 6 months -- they just got married in November. He'll be passing through Atlanta soon ......... :up: :up:

I always take the time to talk to soldiers in the airports as they are waiting for flights home to family and friends. Good job, Ross.

RCSignals
08-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks for doing that Ross. It makes a difference to a soldier to be greated and thanked like that.
People here don't realise that some things, like the signs I see appearing recently, quote>Support the Troops - Vote Bush out!<unquote don't sit well with soldiers.