PDA

View Full Version : F150 help

mcb26
08-13-2004, 06:13 AM
I have a 94 F150 300 6 banger 150k miles auto dual tanks. My problem developed about 6 months ago. If the front tank is full and I run the rear tank The motor starts missing and stops if I don't change tanks. If I near empty the front tank and run the rear near empty the front tank now has a 1/2 tank. It didn't use to do this. Both problems started at the same time,so I assume they are related. My guess a valve somewhere is broke. Any ideas?

ZZMarauder
08-13-2004, 08:36 AM
There was a recall of the F 150 3 or 4 years ago for faulty fuel transfer valves. The symptoms were as you describe, if I remember correctly.

wchain
08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
I have a 94 F150 300 6 banger 150k miles auto dual tanks. My problem developed about 6 months ago. If the front tank is full and I run the rear tank The motor starts missing and stops if I don't change tanks. If I near empty the front tank and run the rear near empty the front tank now has a 1/2 tank. It didn't use to do this. Both problems started at the same time,so I assume they are related. My guess a valve somewhere is broke. Any ideas?

My 94 F150 did the same thing, I had to run the front tank first, to the point of sputtering and then go to the back tank, later finding the front tank now had a half tank. There is a fuel distribution valve that can be replaced, kind of messy but can be done.

Let me know if you need help locating the part or if you need one. I have changed about 40 of these before.

Best O Luck

mcb26
08-16-2004, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the replys. I check for recalls and there were none for the 94's, but I pretty sure this is the problem. I think the local Ford dealer can get this part , if not I will send you a pm.
thank yall