PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Charley

RF Overlord
08-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of Dennis, Amsoil Dealer, carfixer, and all the other Florida members of mm.net, who may be impacted by Hurricane Charley...hope you all remain safe...

Smokie
08-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Thank you my friend.

Patrick
08-13-2004, 10:10 AM
I just turned on the weather channal. Its catagory 3. You all be safe!!!!

RF Overlord
08-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Thank you my friend.

Javier, good buddy! I KNEW there were people I missed...add SouLRioT to the list, too...

SouLRioT
08-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks RF, but I'm sure Chuck will only give me some hevy rain here on the east coast of FL. I do hope all is well with our west coaster:

Smokie
Amsoil_Dealer
Bootlegger
buckyboy
carfixer
crimzon
joflewbyu2
MarauderTJA
tallboy

carfixer
08-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks RF. We are about an hour away from the storm hitting. All our storm panels are up and we are ready. Wish us luck. We'll update soon.

Patrick
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks RF. We are about an hour away from the storm hitting. All our storm panels are up and we are ready. Wish us luck. We'll update soon.

Good luck!! They just made it a cat 4!!

mdskiing
08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
They say it's a 4!
Trying to stay dry in Tampa!:help:

hitchhiker
08-13-2004, 12:44 PM
They say it's a 4!
Trying to stay dry in Tampa!:help:The news man said that a 4 would flood downtown Tampa and that a 3 would flood the military installation there.

Here is the NEXRAD Radar picture as of the time of this posting.

It looks like the eye moved a little further South and East than the predicted NorthEast path to Tampa coming ashore near Port Charlotte / Ft. Meyers.

http://weather.gov/radar/images/DS.p19r0/SI.ktbw/latest.gif

TripleTransAm
08-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Wow. I spent a lot of time working in the Polk City area (pretty much between Orlando and Tampa, just east of Lakeland). Wonder how those folks are making out.

I do miss that place.

Marauderman
08-13-2004, 02:30 PM
...........wow---My brother just bought an expensive home and just put in a pool in Punta Gorda, just across from Port Charlotte--I think the storm just landed there--hope you all are ok..I think he will loose his home in ther surge height....prayers are with you all............Tom

Bigdogjim
08-13-2004, 03:31 PM
I also have a brother living in the Tampa area.

My prayers are with all of you and your friends.

God Bless

Cobra25
08-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Too all of my friends on the west coast my prayers are with you , your family and friends.

UAW 588
08-13-2004, 04:42 PM
All my prayers, and God bless. :up: Keep safe and batten down all them Marauders too!!!!!!!!!!

teamrope
08-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Smokie, Amsoil_Dealer , Bootlegger, buckyboy, carfixer, crimzon, joflewbyu2, MarauderTJA and tallboy...You are in our prayers. stay safe and dry.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Patrick
08-14-2004, 02:14 AM
I am hearing reports of 3 Dead and just caught a report of tradiigy in a trailer park. They said the name but it was too Quick. I am watching CNN to find out. I hope and pray.

Haggis
08-15-2004, 05:12 PM
What is the update? How did everyone fare? We hope and pray that everyone is safe, our thoughts and prayers are still with you all.

SouLRioT
08-15-2004, 05:43 PM
I havent see carfixer of bootlegger post since charley hit, smokie said that they were without power fridaynight. They might still be. Hope all is well with them.

Tallboy
08-15-2004, 06:13 PM
i just spoke to carfixer. he's fine, as is his family. bootlegger is also ok, but his home sustained heavy damage. carfixer is still without power, but has a generator for the refrigerator and fans. i'm fine here in venice-the storm missed us completely. thanks for all your prayers/thoughts. :grouphug:

Bigdogjim
08-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the update:)

the_pack_rat
08-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Well we made it.

House damage & vehicle damage - but NO injuries.

We did NOT expect Port Charlotte to take such a direct & powerful hit.

We are now staying with friends(on their laptop) until our home can be repaired & liveable once again.

Had my 8500 mile - virgin NO paint work 92 LSC sold ... & the buyer was supposed to have picked it up the day of the storm. It was in the garage ... but the overhead crawl space access panel took out the back window - damaged the trunk - rear panel between the trunk & rear window - as well as the lower rear window molding. The Solara has misc dings on the top surfaces ... the Cutlass has a sc***** upper RF fender & dented RH side of the hood - as as well as a dent in the LR 1/4 where the vinyl roof meets the 1/4. The Town Car survived unscathed ... & my Toro that was in a concrete storage unit w/a metal roof must have had an angel sitting in it - as it survived un-scathed as well.

My desire for a new 04 DTR MM has taken a back seat.

Take care all ... probably won't be spending too much time here in my present situation.