PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from China

Silver_04
08-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to drop a quick line and say hello. There are soooo many people here in Shanghai but everyone is very nice. I got some cool pics I'll see if I can post next week. I was teasing the people I'm with about all of the Volkswagens and asked them if they wanted to see a real car. They really enjoyed the pics of the MM I showed them, especially our driver...he gave me a big thumbs up.

BTW, I'm in China and am being driven around in a Buick minivan-basically a Chevy Venture. I've also seen a Mopar sticker. Go figure.

Later,
Chris

Holy cow-:hotrice: This is a smile now? Awesome and thanks!

jgc61sr2002
08-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Chris - Sounds like you are having a good time. You will enjoy your Marauder even more when you return. Enjoy your trip. :)

TAF
08-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Chris...great to hear from you (a World away...literally!). Enjoy your stay over there!

FiveO
08-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Glad you're having a great time.

Take care and get back safe after driving in those small cars ;) :D

Patrick
08-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey Chris, I would the to pics!!!! Have fun!!!! :2thumbs:

martyo
08-19-2004, 03:05 AM
Hey Chris, I would the to pics!!!! Have fun!!!! :2thumbs:

Me too! :confused:

Silver_04
08-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Chicken feet...they served chicken feet at lunch today. Not drumsticks, but the actual feet. Blaaah.

Anyways, the domestic cars that I've seen;
Lincoln Town Car
Caddy CTS
Ford Taurus
Ford Tempo
Full sized Dodge conversion van
Buick Regal

Several Ford Mondeos over here too. Although I wouldn't buy one, it is quite a good looking car that I think would fit right in the US.

And GM quality is just as bad in China as is it in the US. ALL of the seat belts in the middle row of our Buick minivan have broken in just one week. Not a comforting feeling given the way people drive over here.

ParkRanger
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Chicken feet...they served chicken feet at lunch today. Not drumsticks, but the actual feet. Blaaah.

Don't you just hate it when the toe nails get stuck between your teeth?

:bandit:

MERCMAN
08-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Chinese toothpicks perhaps? :woohoo:

hitchhiker
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to drop a quick line and say hello. There are soooo many people here in Shanghai but everyone is very nice. I got some cool pics I'll see if I can post next week. I was teasing the people I'm with about all of the Volkswagens and asked them if they wanted to see a real car. They really enjoyed the pics of the MM I showed them, especially our driver...he gave me a big thumbs up.

BTW, I'm in China and am being driven around in a Buick minivan-basically a Chevy Venture. I've also seen a Mopar sticker. Go figure.

Later,
Chris

Holy cow-:hotrice: This is a smile now? Awesome and thanks!

Of course they're nice. They want to steal all the technology from you that they can! :(

Silver_04
08-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Of course they're nice. They want to steal all the technology from you that they can! :(

You think that thought hasn't crossed my mind? I get the willys every time I have to send a CAD file over.

Silver_04
08-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, after getting rear ended on Friday night, having my flight canceled on Saturday and then flying through a typhoon in Japan earlier today I am now comforted by the warm glow of my own computer. After I burned the clothes I had been wearing for the last 30 hours and put some things away I skipped over the Vette and took the MM out for a spin. It seemed to start with even more of an exhaust explosion that I ever remember hearing. I think its glad I'm home :)

Here are some pics:

1) Is a shot of either the Nanpu, Lupu or Xupu bridges. Nevermind my spelling.
2) Commie row...evil empire.
3) From the 88th floor of the Jin Mao tower
4) From my hotel room
5) Same thing, but taken in b&w

And the only thing I have to say about my visit is it just reconfirms my steadfast belief that the US is the absolute best country on earth.

Silver_04
08-29-2004, 09:03 PM
...and just a few more.

6) Looking straight down at the hotel in the Jin Mao tower
7) My favorite pic. Sunrise over Shanghai
8) A temple in Zhijuajuao. Again, ignore the spelling.

Glad to be home,
Chris

MERCMAN
08-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Good to haVe you back where you belong!! And thanks for making my vertigo act up with that first pic in your last post!! :lol: :welcome:

martyo
08-30-2004, 04:05 AM
Zhijuajuao.

Gezundheit!