PDA

View Full Version : Need sum help

Patrick
08-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I took sum pics with my Dads camrea. It uses a 3 1/2 floppy disc. I can see the pics when using the camera. But when I put the disc in the puter All I get is the disc needs to be formated. I dont want to loose the pics. Please Help!!!

MM03MOK
08-21-2004, 09:36 PM
First off, read the manual. You might need to "finalize" the disc in the camera. Another thought is to attach the camera, if there's a digital output, to the computer. Then use Windows Explorer to move the pics to your computer.

Post what make and model camera it is if you don't have access to the manual. Another Member may have the same thing. My answers are only educated guesses. My camera takes CDs and I have to "initialize" the disc to work in the camera and "finalize" it to work in my CD drive. Finalizing indexes the picture files.
I took sum pics with my Dads camrea. It uses a 3 1/2 floppy disc. I can see the pics when using the camera. But when I put the disc in the puter All I get is the disc needs to be formated. I dont want to loose the pics. Please Help!!!

Mongoose
08-21-2004, 09:47 PM
If you're using a Sony Mavica or similar, you probably need to install the software included with the camera on your computer.

MM03MOK
08-21-2004, 09:55 PM
If you're using a Sony Mavica or similar, you probably need to install the software included with the camera on your computer.That's correct, if it is a Mavica or similar. You need the driver installed so the computer and camera can talk to each other if you're using the camera's digital output.

Patrick
08-21-2004, 10:21 PM
That's correct, if it is a Mavica or similar. You need the driver installed so the computer and camera can talk to each other if you're using the camera's digital output. Yes its a Sony FD Mavica. I have used his camera before and I didnt download anything! Just put in the disc and view Maybe just me.

FiveO
08-22-2004, 03:43 AM
I've got a Mavica that I use for work.

Didn't have to install any software....just put the disc in whatever computer I'm using and thats it.

Look over the manual of the camera. Should help.

Are they .jpg format photos?

Patrick
08-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all your help!! I guess just vapor lock or sumtin. Turned off puter because so mad. After restarting and put the disc in again it worked. Oh well. Will be puting the Breakfast pics in the Photo Gallery! Thanks again for the help!! :revenge:

Donny Carlson
08-22-2004, 11:24 AM
http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=3902&sound=233

Patrick
08-22-2004, 11:26 AM
http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=3902&sound=233

:stupid: Hi Francis!!!!!