PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Newbie Needs Info!

sdupuis
08-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Guys,

I'm trading my '02 CV LX Sport for a Marauder today.......feel like a little kid at christmas. Question is, what mods should I go with and what should I stay away from? My CV had Flowmasters and SuperChip, and I definetely plan on doing the same to the Marauder, but I want to go a little farther. Any ideas / recommendations are welcomed!

Thanks,
Steve

FiveO
08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Before you do just mufflers....think about either the Kooks full header setup or the Cobra manifolds from Dennis Reinhart.

The full Kooks setup is spendy...but well worth it and comes with 18" Magnaflows. You could just order the headers and XPipe and then put Flowmasters on.

As far as the chip goes..... www.alternativeauto.com

A set of 4.10 gears will also help this boat get off the line better.

Gears/Chip (custom for your mods)/Headers or Upgraded manifolds/your choice of mufflers.

Should be mid 14's with the headers.

Get a Precision Industries torque converter and you'll be pushing 14 flat.

BTW: Welcome! :up:

Brutus
08-24-2004, 10:14 AM
My suggestion is this: Go to Reinhart Automotive forum. Go down to the bottom of the page and click to show all post from the begining. Read away, I am confident all your performance related questions will be answered.

Cobra25
08-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Guys,

I'm trading my '02 CV LX Sport for a Marauder today.......feel like a little kid at christmas. Question is, what mods should I go with and what should I stay away from? My CV had Flowmasters and SuperChip, and I definetely plan on doing the same to the Marauder, but I want to go a little farther. Any ideas / recommendations are welcomed!

Thanks,
Steve First of all Welcome to the site Steve. My advice to you would be take you time and read up on the mods offered on this site. Ask alot of question's to the members who have done some of the mods.Their is alot of information here, take your time.

SouLRioT
08-24-2004, 10:31 AM
If you tell us where you at maybe one of our vendors might be by you, what ever your looking for out of your car, this is the place to be. Enjoy your new ride.

sdupuis
08-24-2004, 10:48 AM
If you tell us where you at maybe one of our vendors might be by you, what ever your looking for out of your car, this is the place to be. Enjoy your new ride.Signal Mountain (Chattanooga) TN. Thanks for all the quick replies. I tried contacting Dennis about 1/2 dozen times last year about some mods for my CV and he never responded to any of my phone messages and/or e-mails, which gave me the red-a$$ ! I would prefer to spend my money with someone a little more attentive. Thanks again!
Steve

Brutus
08-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Signal Mountain (Chattanooga) TN. Thanks for all the quick replies. I tried contacting Dennis about 1/2 dozen times last year about some mods for my CV and he never responded to any of my phone messages and/or e-mails, which gave me the red-a$$ ! I would prefer to spend my money with someone a little more attentive. Thanks again!
Steve
Uh Oh! You might want to reconsider being that he is one of the few Marauder Guru's here. Also keep in mind that he is extremely busy.

Haggis
08-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Guys,

Thanks,
Steve

Save your money for the next year or two and when you have enough take the money and the Marauder to Indy. Once in Indy drive to Kenny Brown's shop give them the money and Marauder and tell them to have fun. :twocents: :woohoo:

Welcome to the site.