PDA

View Full Version : Olympics?

MYSTA KANG
08-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I just dont understand why America cant win all the gold medals. We have the best athletes and the best training sites. Am I asking to much for the basketball team to beat other teams by 150 points, instead we lose to teams that cant even beat our best college teams who make it to the final four. Seen Cuba let our women volleyball team win just so they could make it to the semifinals. Now everyone is talking how good they are but never realized cuba took out all the best players cause they are already going to the semifinals. Then look at the sprinters, i shook my head when our women got beat. Our male sprinters help on but i see 2 give up when they seen they wasnt going to win. No excuse. Hooray for the softball team they killed every country, was it the fact we are the only country that play organized softball? Well i guess i willnot be satisfied until my children get a chance to represent America and set world records that will last 100 years......ahhhh the thought of that just makes me smile!

Slowpoke
08-24-2004, 01:30 PM
wait a minute..... the OLYMPICS??? is that going on THIS year??

I need to work less and get out more!

Dr Caleb
08-24-2004, 02:11 PM
I think the olympics are done all wrong. Countries should send 'athletes' and then their names get drawn for which event they'll participate in.

Sure they might be good at basketball, but they're a rower this year. You practiced for cycling? Here's a shot put - go hard!

That would be a test of how good an 'athlete' you are.

the fat bastid
08-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Damn, kang, do you want the rest of the world to hate us even more?
see thats the plan, let them win a few so they don't hassle us so much. :trophy:

Slowpoke
08-24-2004, 02:49 PM
...and while we're at it let's come up with some sports more in line with modern times. Who the hell needs to run 26 miles when you have a car... let's see some things like computer games, typing, PC repair, remote control button pushing, pancake eating, etc.

Or we could have some real fun.... see who can stay the driest in a waterballoon fight.

Put me in charge of the New Olympics and you will see some big changes!

Dr Caleb
08-24-2004, 03:12 PM

Ohh the infinite variety! Wheelbarrow races! Check this out:

http://www.watchguard.com/RSS/showarticle.aspx?pack=ED_Runni ngMan

MYSTA KANG
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
THIS THREAD IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER! :trophy1:

Bluerauder
08-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Sure they might be good at basketball, but they're a rower this year. You practiced for cycling? Here's a shot put - go hard!

That would be a test of how good an 'athlete' you are.
They tried that once; but all the wrestlers and shot putters drowned during the 1000 meter freestyle. ;) :whistle:

ParkRanger
08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
They tried that once; but all the wrestlers and shot putters drowned during the 1000 meter freestyle. ;) :whistle:

Too Funny!

:beer:

Joe Walsh
08-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm REALLY enjoying watching the US Basketball 'team' GET BEAT BAD. Puerto Rico abused them, and Lithuania SMOKED them from 3 pt. range. "Defense? what's Defense?" I could care less about a bunch of way overpayed showboaters that think they should win just by walking onto the court. I really wish that the Olympic committee would go back to college (amateur) basketball players. At least they played like a team. Just my :twocents:. Let the flaming begin...

Brutus
08-24-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm REALLY enjoying watching the US Basketball 'team' GET BEAT BAD. Puerto Rico abused them, and Lithuania SMOKED them from 3 pt. range. "Defense? what's Defense?" I could care less about a bunch of way overpayed showboaters that think they should win just by walking onto the court. I really wish that the Olympic committee would go back to college (amateur) basketball players. At least they played like a team. Just my :twocents:. Let the flaming begin...
I think your on to something here Joe. A little too much attitude/arrogance. Need a little more drive and self discipline!!

MERCMAN
08-24-2004, 06:50 PM
...and while we're at it let's come up with some sports more in line with modern times. Who the hell needs to run 26 miles when you have a car... let's see some things like computer games, typing, PC repair, remote control button pushing, pancake eating, etc.

Or we could have some real fun.... see who can stay the driest in a waterballoon fight.

And we know who will have the official Olympic pen concession :poke:

Slowpoke
08-24-2004, 07:02 PM
And we know who will have the official Olympic pen concession :poke:

...speaking of which...... I still have about 30 pens left!

cyclone03
08-25-2004, 06:42 AM
How about the Iraqi socker team?
I never thought I would root for them but yesterday I did.BTW I never care about futball.
I know they will not be happy going to the bronze medal round,but,how do you train when your country is at war,ok maybe not at war but theres a war in there country none the less.

Look at the history of that team,Sadom Hussains brother,Udi,was the leader of the Iraqi Olympic commitee,people DIED if they didn't win! Think about that.
"You missed that penalty kick,your cousin dies".

Don't get me started on the Gymnastics BS with Paul Hamm....

MAD-3R
08-25-2004, 06:50 AM

What alot of people don't relieve is that the US wanted to keep the Olimpics amatur, but was out voted by other nations. Thats why we sent the original dream team in back in '96. Now, they don't play as a team, they play as individuals, and get wacked by team players.

STLThunder
08-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Has anyone noticed that many of the athletes from countries other than the U.S. have trained, competed and/or attended school in the U.S.?

MYSTA KANG
08-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Ah a very wiseman. To answer your question its all about status. Many parents in the US will send their sons and daughters to the universities these Olympians attend -just because they go the university and they want to have braggin rights at work when shooting the bull amongst co-workers. The universities will make more money off that one athlete man or woman in the particular sport they are in. See the math

Olympians go to anytown University in anytown

that will draw about 100+ students with the same dream of doing what that olympian accomplished(1% out of that 100+ will make it)

Average college tuition is around 10,000 per semester and that is on the low end some are higher than that.

Anytown has just made over 1 million dollars on that one sport now just think if that college had 5 olympians in 5 other sports.

IF IT DONT MAKE DOLLARZ IT DONT MAKE SENSE!