PDA

View Full Version : dropped spindle

stevengerard
08-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know if there is a dropped spindle kit for our MMs. This way I don't have to cut the springs or use Eibach's.

fairlane347
08-25-2004, 10:19 AM
No I don't think they are made. Why not do the springs its cheeper and alot less work? I lowered my car in half a day my self for less than $100. Can't beat that and it drives and rides great.

GordonB
08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
If you cut your springs, be sure to get frontend re-aligned soon after. Else, you'll probably be eating in to your front tires.

Enjoy!
GordonB

stevengerard
08-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Why not do the springs its cheeper and alot less work?

Because I could keep the same sring rate while lowering the car.

UAW 588
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if there is a dropped spindle kit for our MMs. This way I don't have to cut the springs or use Eibach's.
Talk to Zack about springs for your Marauder. He has a lot of info about cutting stock springs. He will also probably tell you to forget about Eibach's, because he had a bad experience with them on his car. Good luck.

SergntMac
08-25-2004, 04:15 PM
I think you're SOL on this, Steve. To my knowledge, we are are the center of the MM mod world, and if something is happening with the MM, you'll read about it here, from one source or another. I haven't heard any word on spindles, yet, but anything can pop up any minute.

Marauder
08-26-2004, 06:35 AM
After some reaserch, I ended up cutting 1 turn off of my springs and not going with the Eibach springs. I'm very pleased with the slight drop. The car handles better but it still feels stock as far as ride quality.