PDA

View Full Version : New Mercury Montego!!!!

TheDealer
08-26-2004, 08:49 AM
WOW. The factory rep. just stopped at our dealership with one. We won't get them until next month. This has to be the nicest pkg. I've seen in years. I would trade my wifes Lincoln LS in a minute. The best part is they start about $24k and top out at $33k with all wheel drive and every other option. This car should sell like crazy. Know what my next demo will be. :2thumbs:

tmac1337
08-26-2004, 09:34 AM
The Montego seems to be just another Ford Clone car based on the Ford Five Hundred incorp. some Volvo parts w/ a 200 HP/200 TQ V6, weighing about 2 tons with all the goodies. New: Yes. Inspiring: No. There is a reason American car companies are getting their butts kicked by foreign competition. The Montego is in the same class as the Hondas, Acuras, Toyotas and the like.

RoyLPita
08-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I drove the 500 & the Freestyle yesterday and saw a prototype GT Mustang. I could care less about the 1st 2, but wouldn't mind trying out the 3rd.

Just my .02 and then some.

Bigdogjim
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Ray at the IMOA show @ Marauderville II in Indy they had one on display at the IMOA hotel. I tried to sit in it :mad: Won't trade my big Merc in for one :lol:

It is a nice car. It was also at the show on Saturday. They would not let any us drive it but off to take anyone for a ride.

01 Interceptor
08-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I just wish they had chosen a RWD based AWD system, or a true AWD...not the FWD based that they have selected to run with. :down:

I like the way the Freestyle looks, but FWD isn't my thing.

2005Marauder
08-26-2004, 12:38 PM
The 500/Montego combo is poised to once again reclaim the number one spot--if FL/M can come through with quality. Just a few recalls in the first six months will kill sales. "Quality is Job 1" needs to be standard at FL/M.

bigslim
08-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Nothing about it screams "buy me". The look is very Audi/ Volkswagon. Nice family car but for the money people could have Chrysler 300 with a hemi. I hope they do sell well because I work for Ford.

BlackHole
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Should of called it the Montery. And the Minivan the Montego
Just my opinion on that. But it should do well.

Just wish Ford would of brought the Mondeo II over intact not watered down for the North American Market.

SergntMac
08-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Y'all will be singing another tune when Ford Racing pops up with the Cobra power train kits, as theydid for the Focus...

Logan
08-26-2004, 06:45 PM
The Montego is a powerful contender in the segment it's intended for and I predict it'll sell quite well. It'd make a good daily beater for me. Those paying attention, the Montego has FAR more interior volume than Marauder does. I was quite impressed on that regard...

BlackHole
08-26-2004, 07:13 PM
This is the Mondeo II Perfect fit in the Mercury lineup Cost around $20,000 base clear up to around $30,000 US seats 5 and has a AWD option 1 of the best handeling sedans in Europe and its FWD to. So that whole its not RWD so its crap doesn't apply.

UAW 588
08-26-2004, 08:02 PM
This is the Mondeo II Perfect fit in the Mercury lineup Cost around $20,000 base clear up to around $30,000 US seats 5 and has a AWD option 1 of the best handeling sedans in Europe and its FWD to. So that whole its not RWD so its crap doesn't apply.
Ford already tried this car in the US before, remember the Contour/Mistake car lines. I sure do, cause I made the front doors for that vehicle. Just like I am making about 90% of the parts for the 500/Montego/Freestyle line right now, and the Mondeo doesn't come close to this new one. This car is built like a tank.

Bigdogjim
08-26-2004, 08:43 PM
The Montego is a powerful contender in the segment it's intended for and I predict it'll sell quite well. It'd make a good daily beater for me. Those paying attention, the Montego has FAR more interior volume than Marauder does. I was quite impressed on that regard...

Hey I understand where your coming from.

The car does has some style :cool4:

Just does nothing for me :dunno:

Never liked what I can "fit" into :sleepy:

Marauder386
08-26-2004, 09:55 PM
The Mondeo came over in model year 1995 to replace the Tempo/Topaz line. It was renamed and badged Contour/Mystique in Fords attempt to do the "one world one car" thingie. The only good Mondeo/Contour was the SVT.
My 2 cents now added...

M386 :soap: