PDA

View Full Version : See Your Doctor

2003 WIB
08-26-2004, 01:19 PM
How many of you see your doctor for regular check ups??? For those of you that do could you help me convince 2003 MIB how important this is.:type:

2003 WIB
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
How many of you see your doctor for regular check ups??? For those of you that do could you help me convince 2003 MIB how important this is.:type:
I'm sure this will get me banned so let me say....:wave:. It's been fun.

2003 MIB
08-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm sure this will get me banned so let me say....:wave:. It's been fun.
Probably not- you managed to put it in the right forum. I'll make an appointment tomorrow. No further encouragement is needed. Please don't start a "leave the seat down" thread.

MAD-3R
08-26-2004, 01:40 PM
I hate doctors. Nothing short of being bedridden could get me to see one on my own. And don't get me started on Dentist.

"Is it safe?"

martyo
08-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Doctor? What's a doctor??

martyo
08-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Please don't start a "leave the seat down" thread.

They are hinged so that they can stay up. Right???

Krytin
08-26-2004, 03:08 PM
They are hinged so that they can stay up. Right???
...and then there was the time I scotch tapped those little "cracker balls" (light torpedo charges/fireworks) to the little feet on the bottom of the seat and "left the lid down" very gently. It's a shame my sister-in-law was the one to sit on it - you could actually see the flash from the charges going off through the gap under the door (from across the room)!!

Bluerauder
08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
It's a shame my sister-in-law was the one to sit on it - you could actually see the flash from the charges going off through the gap under the door (from across the room)!!
How long did it take to cut her free from the ceiling? :rofl: I guess you are no longer on her Christmas card list..... :run:

Bigdogjim
08-26-2004, 04:26 PM
...and then there was the time I scotch tapped those little "cracker balls" (light torpedo charges/fireworks) to the little feet on the bottom of the seat and "left the lid down" very gently. It's a shame my sister-in-law was the one to sit on it - you could actually see the flash from the charges going off through the gap under the door (from across the room)!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too too funny a man after me own heart! :baaa: :baaa:

Bigdogjim
08-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Please don't start a "leave the seat down" thread.

Or which way to hang the toilet paper?

Over or under :eek: :argue: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Brutus
08-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Whats the matter Dan? Afraid you might get the "silver bullet"? :lol:

duhtroll
08-26-2004, 06:24 PM
What do you mean? It doesn't matter when you glue it together.

:run:

Logan
08-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Are you kiddin? Too busy laughin my head off to ban ya... :D

2003 MIB
08-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Are you kiddin? Too busy laughin my head off to ban ya... :D
Thanks so much, Buddy....:razz:

Bigdogjim
08-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks so much, Buddy....:razz:

That's what friends are for :lol: :blah: :dunno:

Patrick
08-27-2004, 12:16 AM
You all aint right!!! :loco: :loco: :bop: :bop: :bop:

Donny Carlson
08-27-2004, 05:07 AM
... those little "cracker balls"
I can't believe Marty passed up this opportunity.

martyo
08-27-2004, 05:30 AM
I can't believe Marty passed up this opportunity.

It was too easy, so I figured I would leave it for Todd. Apparently Todd was too busy doing "whatever" with Elaine's picture though.

dwasson
08-27-2004, 06:15 AM

A few years ago I had my first "grown up" physical. Despite a certain amount of low level discomfort it was worth it. I was persuaded to start dieting and I got my blood pressure down.

However there was one part of the physical that I found disconcerting. Late in the process he grabbed a six foot long steel tube and told me to turn around and bend over.

"What's that steel tube for," I asked?

"i'm going to look in your colon," the doctor replied.

"For what? Maybe I can tell you if it's there," I said.

"Blood," he answered.

"Well," I said. "I'm no doctor, but I bet if you stick a six foot long piece of steel in my butt there is gonna be blood."

"Turn around and bend over," he said.

It was not my proudest hour.

2003 MIB
08-27-2004, 06:22 AM
A few years ago I had my first "grown up" physical. Despite a certain amount of low level discomfort it was worth it. I was persuaded to start dieting and I got my blood pressure down.

However there was one part of the physical that I found disconcerting. Late in the process he grabbed a six foot long steel tube and told me to turn around and bend over.

"What's that steel tube for," I asked?

"i'm going to look in your colon," the doctor replied.

"For what? Maybe I can tell you if it's there," I said.

"Blood," he answered.

"Well," I said. "I'm no doctor, but I bet if you stick a six foot long piece of steel in my butt there is gonna be blood."

"Turn around and bend over," he said.

It was not my proudest hour.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: - I do not need this in my life!

martyo
08-27-2004, 06:27 AM

Try this as you are lying on a gurney with a ruptured appendix. For added flavor, make sure that the med student does the procedure.

2003 MIB
08-27-2004, 06:36 AM
Try this as you are lying on a gurney with a ruptured appendix. For added flavor, make sure that the med student does the procedure.
I'd rather drink Draino!!- No thanks, Marty.

MAD-3R
08-27-2004, 06:37 AM

BEEN THERE!! DONE THAT!! Only differance was I had Navy Doctors. When you come out of emergancy Surgury with the Doctor wanting to know why your still alive... :)

2003 WIB
08-27-2004, 07:01 AM

OVER of course!!! That's really not an issue at our house though because I seem to be the only one that puts it on the holder.:dunno:

martyo
08-27-2004, 07:03 AM
OVER of course!!! That's really not an issue at our house though because I seem to be the only one that puts it on the holder.:dunno:

Coli, don't hold back, tell us what is really bothering you!

2003 MIB
08-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Coli, don't hold back, tell us what is really bothering you!
He's just kidding, Coli!!!! No one wants to know if I'm more annoying in person than I am on the net. I bet there might be something sparkly in the near future for a young lady who spends more of her free time on www. crochetworld.com....I think you can smell what I'm cookin'.

2003 WIB
08-27-2004, 07:47 AM
He's just kidding, Coli!!!! No one wants to know if I'm more annoying in person than I am on the net. I bet there might be something sparkly in the near future for a young lady who spends more of her free time on www. crochetworld.com....I think you can smell what I'm cookin'.
Gotcha, Mr. Smoochy! :2thumbs: :lovies:

MAD-3R
08-27-2004, 07:51 AM

Ahh bribry... works some of the time.

And Dan, those of us who have met you know the truth about you annoying behavior.

merc406
08-27-2004, 07:55 AM

Under over here at our house :lol: :run:

O's Fan Rich
08-27-2004, 12:57 PM
I like it alot when the doc sat me and the Mrs. down and after reviewing my results, insisted that I go on cholesterol lowering meds and told me that if I did'nt I was gonna die, maybe not now, maybe not in the near future, but sometime....... ummmm.....duh?
Oh, I'm still not on the meds, but lost about 50 pounds and have lowered my overall from 241 to 219... so there.
And I'm not dead yet!

Donny Carlson
08-27-2004, 01:36 PM
And I'm not dead yet!
You're not fooling anyone.

dwasson
08-28-2004, 06:04 AM
And I'm not dead yet!

Just smelling funny.

rumble
08-28-2004, 01:35 PM

Aw, come on Dan. I just had surgery, When I see you at Chucks tonight
ask me if you can see my incision.

If you really want to have some fun ask me in front of our wives.

RCSignals
08-28-2004, 10:25 PM

they'll give you plenty of warning before they do that. Everything has to be "clean" :camera:

2003 MIB
08-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Aw, come on Dan. I just had surgery, When I see you at Chucks tonight
ask me if you can see my incision.

If you really want to have some fun ask me in front of our wives.
I thank my lucky stars that I saw this post after I came back from Chuck's...I think (given the option), I'd rather look at all that shiny chrome under the hood of your Marauder than your scar any day.:stooges:

2003 MIB
08-29-2004, 07:51 AM
they'll give you plenty of warning before they do that. Everything has to be "clean" :camera:
There's no "plenty of warning" that could make this any less
creepy.

Mike Poore
08-31-2004, 07:11 AM
First, the unique door latch/lock, now this .....you guys are too much!
But seriously MIB, listen to her and go ....unless it's to have that thing he keeps in the freezer to look up your tailpipe.

deerejoe
08-31-2004, 07:38 AM
The LAST TIME I went to my (former) doctor, he cited my "condition" from another patients chart...a 69 year old man with end stage renal cancer!!

Sitting there listening to him read that to me was certainly an enlightening experience.
After sharing that episode of idiocy with the clinic's administrator, I had my records transferred to another clinic AND a new doctor.

Bluerauder
08-31-2004, 11:06 AM
The LAST TIME I went to my (former) doctor, he cited my "condition" from another patients chart...a 69 year old man with end stage renal cancer!!
Wow, what a dufus. :turkey: Did the doc figure this out on his own or did you have to "enlighten" him on his mistake? :shake: Seems these little errors are quite common anymore as the level of incompetence continues to rise in all professions. :confused:

deerejoe
08-31-2004, 04:11 PM
[ Did the doc figure this out on his own or did you have to "enlighten" him on his mistake?]

Actually, that event was the culmination in a series of errors on his part.
Previous to this event, I had a PSA blood test that he said indicated "prostate
cancer". Based on that "diagnosis" (and against my better judgement), I had a $2500.00 'speargun' sample taken of my prostate which proved to be BENIGN.

When you have been seeing the same doctor for nearly 3 years and he can't remember your name...its time to get your hat and move on.

Please note: I am not against the medical profession in any sense of the word. God bless ALL of them...but to perpetrate the cancer scare on a patient without FIRST checking to determine WHO the patient is that you are addressing is not only unprofessional...its damn cruel!!

You can believe that I ensure every aspect of my present doctor's diagnosis even if its only a common 'hang-nail'.

RCSignals
09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Deerejoe, you certainly did the right thing in getting rid of that doctor.
The PSA test is something you don't want to gamble with, but you'd think he'd have done a further PSA or looked into other things first before jumping on the biopsy.
But what do I know, I'm not a Doctor.