PDA

View Full Version : Ah, it's GOOD to be John Travolta!

Donny Carlson
08-28-2004, 06:41 PM
This is a photo that has been circulating on the net of John Travolta's house in Ocala, FL. Some people claim this is photoshop. It isn't. He actually owns this house, on a private reserve that has it's own airport (it's listed on Airnav.com as "private - permission needed to land").

http://www.outofrange.net/blogarchive/archives/travoltashouse.jpg

Link to Airnav.com:
http://www.airnav.com/airport/17FL

Proof? This article in Architectual Digest from earlier this year:

http://www.jumbolair.com/Architectual%20Digest.htm

jgc61sr2002
08-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Very nice to have unlimited $$$$$$'s. :D

stevengerard
08-28-2004, 07:06 PM
cool, though I'd prefer to have my driveway lined with cars - maybe 25 or so instead of two planes.

SouLRioT
08-28-2004, 07:37 PM
I know he has some really nice cars too, but just to note, there are a few comunities near by me that are set up like this. They have a common main runway with roads leading to their homes.

SHERIFF
08-28-2004, 07:48 PM
The coolest thing I see................ he can exit either plane and walk into his house without getting wet if it's raining. :)

And, even though he may be wealthy, how could he justify having two planes I wonder? :confused:

stevengerard
08-28-2004, 07:58 PM
from what I remember there is something rare about him being a private citizen able to fly commercial planes. I'm no pilot but it takes a lot of training and hours to get that far. I remember hearing him on a talk show saying his goal was to fly a 747. I played him one time in a high school skit.

Donny Carlson
08-28-2004, 08:31 PM
The coolest thing I see................ he can exit either plane and walk into his house without getting wet if it's raining. :)

And, even though he may be wealthy, how could he justify having two planes I wonder? :confused:
The 707 is a fully restored 1964 model in period Quantas livery, part of a good will tour he did for Quantas. It's completely custom inside, though.

Well, Hefner had a DC9, and Elvis had that Convair jetliner, in addition to other aircraft.

Enough money, anything can be justified.

Donny Carlson
08-28-2004, 08:33 PM
from what I remember there is something rare about him being a private citizen able to fly commercial planes. I'm no pilot but it takes a lot of training and hours to get that far. I remember hearing him on a talk show saying his goal was to fly a 747. I played him one time in a high school skit.The Architectural Digest article said he had earned a 747 First Officer ceritificate.

sb2463
08-28-2004, 10:01 PM
You guys are fogetting the most important thing KELLY!!

SHERIFF
08-29-2004, 05:45 AM
You guys are fogetting the most important thing KELLY!!

Kelly is just like Travolta's bank accounts, something we'll never be able to use. :)

Bluerauder
08-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Very nice to have unlimited $$$$$$'s. :D
But, is he really happy and well-adjusted?? I didn't see a Marauder in his parking lot -- now that would indicate true happiness !!! :up: :rolleyes:

Rob1559
08-29-2004, 06:25 AM
I prefer to remain myself, thank you very much!

With Bill Gate's MONEY!

marauder307
08-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I know he has some really nice cars too, but just to note, there are a few comunities near by me that are set up like this. They have a common main runway with roads leading to their homes.

I remember seeing the ads for JumboLair when they first came out. To offset some of the costs, his corporation is offering plots of land with connections to the runway for sale. The whole operation is somewhere around Ocala, I think.

Having been in Daytona Beach for a few years, and inside the aviation community for 19, I've heard about Travolta. One of his old Lockheed Constellation airliners is allegedly still on the ramp at Orlando-Sanford Airport....beautiful aircraft, those "Connies". The blue-blood types at Spruce Creek Fly-In, a prominent fly-in community immediately outside Daytona, were real proud of themselves for throwing Travolta out because he wanted to fly his Gulfstream bizjet (it's in the picture) in there, and they felt like it would make too much noise. Say what you like about the man, but his presence at SCFI would have brought in some much-needed money to the place. Their loss.

O's Fan Rich
08-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Scientology really pays off I guess......
ooppps religous subject, my bad. :run:

Silver_04
08-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh, if only I could dance. I could dicso my way into fame and fortune.

89VERT
08-30-2004, 05:05 PM
And to think if it wasn't for Quentin Tarantino and Pulp Fiction, Travolta would still be trying to get a reunion show organized with the
"Welcome Back Kotter " cast.
By the way..., what has Gabe Kaplan done lately ?

Bigdogjim
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Well he did feature a '57 T-Bird?

Can't be all that bad:):):)