PDA

View Full Version : Just Catching Up

FordNut
08-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Got back from Bristol NASCAR races. After being gone 2 -1/2 days (camping, no internet access) there were 689 new posts at MM.net forums!

Had a great time at the races.

Now it's time to get back to the MM mods.

dok
08-29-2004, 12:07 PM
As you can tell from my avatar, I enjoyed the race. :banana2:

I've always wanted to go to a Bristol race. I've been there and walked on the track. The banking is incredible.

merc
08-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Got back from Bristol NASCAR races. After being gone 2 -1/2 days (camping, no internet access) there were 689 new posts at MM.net forums!

Had a great time at the races.

Now it's time to get back to the MM mods.

Now that you are back, what is your next mod. I was hoping you had some idea's about installing 4 cams and porting the intakes. :nerd:

FordNut
08-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Now that you are back, what is your next mod. I was hoping you had some idea's about installing 4 cams and porting the intakes. :nerd:
Next are some gauges and splash guards. Then the carbon fiber air box cover and water/methanol injection system. This is a way to empty out the trunk, by installing some of the goodies I've been carrying around. Then I hope to put on the KVR brakes, assuming we can get one more set sold in the group buy.

The next "new" idea addresses one of the items you mentioned, the intake manifold. When I get the spare intake I will get going on this. The porting and polishing from Paul's is too expensive for me but I am going to have the ports of the upper intake bored out to the same size as the BBK twin 62mm throttle body ports. Then I plan to have thermal painting applied in specific areas. Thermal barrier on the inside, on the bottom, on the spacer (unless we can get a phenolic spacer made), and on flange surfaces, thermal dispersant on the outside.

I'm not sure where the supposed benefit of the port/polish job done by Paul's comes into play, whether it's "slick surfaces" due to polishing/extrude honing or if it's "larger cross sectional areas" on the inside due to the porting. The painting provides slick surfaces in addition to thermal benefits, and it's a lot cheaper so that's what I'm going to try.

I don't plan to change cams. Too expensive. At least 'til somebody else goes first and documents the cost and hp gained.

Also hoping for the Metco driveshaft loop soon.