PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Mercury in a car show

MERCMAN
08-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Went to a car show today in Kokomo(Indiana) Over 500 cars,, Only 1 mercury, MINE!! Of course it was at the Chrysler transmission plant, so there was plethora of MOPAR vehicles there. I had as many as 10 people at a time around the Black Beauty, usual questions,,
WOW look at the heads on that!! Is it a Hemi?
Never saw one of these before
SWEEEET!!!
Yes dear, it is a police car
Who makes it?
Spreading the word folks,, just a voice crying out in the wilderness :lol:
There were 20 vipers there, a lot of the old muscle cars, 3 S/C mustangs including a Saleen.
Now check out the pics of the concept car. I was not able to garner any info about it due to the crowd, perhaps one of our UAW members can help
The Charger R/T was AWESOME!! The SUV coming out to compete with the Hummer was not too impressive IMHO. The concept car has a 0 to 60 time of under 3 sec. Might give the GT a good run

ENJOY

MERCMAN
08-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Didn't catch the name,, sorry!! Just what we need, another SUV on the road!! sorry about the sideways pic as well :)

MERCMAN
08-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Due for production in '06 I believe:up:

SWEET!!!!

SouLRioT
08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I've seen the jeep before, IMO it's nice, better than an H2. And I'm surprised that they're still showing that charger, since its been out for almost 4 or so years I think. But I do like the look of it.

Silver_04
08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
How's Kokomo Dan?

hitchhiker
08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
I've seen the jeep before, IMO it's nice, better than an H2. And I'm surprised that they're still showing that charger, since its been out for almost 4 or so years I think. But I do like the look of it.

I like the new charger except for the front.

It needs a wide grille below the lights that pays
some homage to the 60's and 70's chargers.

Best Regards,

David

Bigdogjim
08-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Well how how did it feel to be "odd man out" :) :whistle:

Must have been real fun. ;)

Wish I could have been their:):):)

Nice job, on behalf of Marauders owners everywhere THANKS!

woaface
08-29-2004, 06:59 PM
That concept is an ME412. It will have 4 turbo's and 12 cylinders. It will cost roughly 450,000 and be fast as *****. The technology for an engine as light as it'll have with as much horsepower as it will push, was not around till Mercedes invented it.

This car is supercar rich people status stuff...like the same people that buy McLauren F1s.

RCSignals
08-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Due for production in '06 I believe:up:

SWEET!!!!

That's the Charger R/T concept that has been around a while. If DCX builds a Charger, I somehow doubt it will look the same.
More likely look similar to the 300, except with a big Dodge grille.

chrish
08-29-2004, 09:28 PM
That concept is an ME412. It will have 4 turbo's and 12 cylinders. It will cost roughly 450,000 and be fast as *****. The technology for an engine as light as it'll have with as much horsepower as it will push, was not around till Mercedes invented it.

This car is supercar rich people status stuff...like the same people that buy McLauren F1s.
Wander if that mercedes will break down as many times as the one I had.........NEVER AGAIN..............Had to get rid of it before the warenty went out... couldn't [wouldn't] pay to keep it on the road & running. :dogrun:

JET
08-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Now check out the pics of the concept car. I was not able to garner any info about it due to the crowd, perhaps one of our UAW members can help

I’d like to see you try and fit in that thing, not that I could either. :stooges:

Ross
08-30-2004, 09:33 AM
If they actually build a Charger like that, it could be my next car!