PDA

View Full Version : My Smilies Don't Dance

cyclone03
08-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Ok I know I'm not smoking crack,or drinking....

When I see the smilies to the right of my post it box or in text,AT HOME,they all just stand there.Nobody waves,or does a burnout,throws up,smashes the others head with a LOL sign,or dances.
They all just stand there...waiting.

Oh I know they move because they're all going nuts when I log on at work,but at home they all seem to be on break or something.

What can I do to make them party? :dunno:

Bluerauder
08-31-2004, 11:11 AM
.... and your Daddy don't Rock-n-Roll. Sounds like you have a memory problem with your home computer. Could be time for an upgrade with some increased RAM. :dunno: :run: :duel:
:party: :toss: :toss: :toss: :toss:

Dr Caleb
08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Depends on you browser at home. Some browsers allow animated files (gif's, shockwave) to play more than once, some allow you to not 'loop' them or to play them in a loop forever. It's all in the preferences.

TripleTransAm
08-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Oh I know they move because they're all going nuts when I log on at work,but at home they all seem to be on break or something.

Damned unionized smilies...

;)

Silver_04
08-31-2004, 04:26 PM
You have the Phil Collins "I can't dance" smiles.

duhtroll
08-31-2004, 04:57 PM
They must be unhappy.

Feed them. It works for me.

-A

cyclone03
08-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I think I''' kill them.ops too late they'ra allready dead!

BTW they are in fact dancing here at work!

Bigdogjim
08-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Maybe that who Logan was going to kill??

Your smiles :lol: :lol:

RCSignals
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
As the Doctor says, it's probably all in "preferences" settings of your Browser.
Do you use a firewall at home? There will be settings in that as well that could effect the animation.

QWK SVT
09-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Do you use ZoneAlarm? I've noticed with it on, no dancy dancy, nor do I see my signature pic. With it off, all works, as expected.

Stupid POS. I dunno why I even use it, with a physical firwall in front, anyway...

STLThunder
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Ok I know I'm not smoking crack,or drinking....

When I see the smilies to the right of my post it box or in text,AT HOME,they all just stand there.Nobody waves,or does a burnout,throws up,smashes the others head with a LOL sign,or dances.
They all just stand there...waiting.

What can I do to make them party? :dunno:

OK,OK!!! I can't stop laughing :lol: My co-worker's must think I'm nuts sitting here in my office :lol: Reading this thread was a great way to end my day! Thanks!

RCSignals
09-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Do you use ZoneAlarm? I've noticed with it on, no dancy dancy, nor do I see my signature pic. With it off, all works, as expected.

Stupid POS. I dunno why I even use it, with a physical firwall in front, anyway...

there are settings in ZA to allow animation. Depending on your overall security settings, it probably will have to be adjusted for individual sites.

QWK SVT
09-02-2004, 05:19 PM
there are settings in ZA to allow animation. Depending on your overall security settings, it probably will have to be adjusted for individual sites.
Too late... I got fed up with the blasted thing!:toss:
:D