PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen...

Jeff
09-01-2004, 10:12 AM
If, by chance, anyone is travelling I-20 between Jackson and Vicksburg and happen to see
any small black paint specks please return them to my HOOD where they belong.
So far I've collected around 100 of them and am in the process of Elmer's glueing them
back on. If this endeavor proves unsuccessful I'm afraid I'll have to change her name to SPOT! :dunno: :loco: :baaa:

GarageMahal
09-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Umm... I afraid to ask but... what's going on with your paint? Got any pictures?

jta

Jeff
09-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Just the same ole thing that I'm sure is happening to all MMs.
Each time I wax I notice more and more little specks are gone. :dunno:

Mike Poore
09-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Uh Oh, that's very distressing, as my black '93 T-Bird did that. You'd think they could have bought a good bucket of paint by now. Sad thing was, they wouldn't do anything about it, except slather on even worse paint, and by the time that came off, it was out of warranty. Go after 'em, and make them do a good job.

MARAUDER S/C #5
09-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Whats up with these hoods? I only have 5400 miles but have numerous nicks on the hood (7-8). My Grand National had 34,000 miles and no nicks on the hood! I believe its due to the thin paint and the angle of our hoods. I now try to stay a good distance from the car in front of me to avoid projectiles from thier tires. I use the Turtle Wax Chip Stick which patches them up pretty good. I don't like the results from touch up paints or pens. ;)

RCSignals
09-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Is this from rock chips in the paint, or is paint just pealing off?

Maybe a MMbra is a good idea after all

jgc61sr2002
09-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Is this from rock chips in the paint, or is paint just pealing off?

Maybe a MMbra is a good idea after all

Good Question. Sounds to me like the paint is peeling.

MARAUDER S/C #5
09-01-2004, 02:40 PM
It is from rocks/pebbles on my car. :bricks:

Bigdogjim
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Jeff: Sorry to hear of your paint issues.

Your build date was 9-02. Have you complained to the selling dealer yet? Any thing in writting? I had a 8-02 build date and also had major paint issues. Took me close to 14 months to get action. Good luck.

Pm me if you need and info.

mrjones
09-02-2004, 12:36 PM
If, by chance, anyone is travelling I-20 between Jackson and Vicksburg and happen to see
any small black paint specks please return them to my HOOD

I'll pick them up for you tomorrow on my way through. I'm taking a group to go pick up 6 new Thomas school buses in High Point.

I'm having similar problems with mine, with an 06/02 build date. If bugs are not washed off R I G H T N O W ! ! !, they leave a mark. I've gotten now to where I drive it, and then wash it and wax the front end and hood afterwards. Kindof a pain.