PDA

View Full Version : Gearing Up For Frances

SouLRioT
09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey guys, just makeing sure everyone is getting things secured for Frances. I would suggest everyone on the eastcoast from key west to south carolina be prepared. Ofcourse its heading straight for my area, the area just below the lake. Hope everyone is safe.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/WATL/IR4/20.jpg

Bluerauder
09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, just makeing sure everyone is getting things secured for Frances. I would suggest everyone on the eastcoast from key west to south carolina be prepared. [/img]
SouLRioT,
Frances sure seems like a nasty one. Best wishes to our Sunshine and Southern Marauders. Be safe.

Donny Carlson
09-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Anybody call me Frances, and I'll kill you.

MERCMAN
09-01-2004, 06:30 PM
A hurricane named after a talking mule??? :lol:

Bluerauder
09-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Anybody call me Frances, and I'll kill you.
"Aaaaaah, ease up there Frances --- I mean Private Sawyer" (from Stripes) Great movie...........

TAF
09-01-2004, 06:32 PM
"Aaaaaah, ease up there Frances --- I mean Private Sawyer" (from Stripes) Great movie...........There...YOU got it... :lol:

Anybody call me Frances, and I'll kill you.But, actually Donny...you're being WAY to "PC"...the actual quote was:

"Any you homos tries to call me Frances...I'll KILL ya. "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FiveO
09-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Good luck to all our Florida people.

Stay safe.

2x this summer....wow.

MyTMerc
09-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Anybody call me Frances, and I'll kill you.Lighten' up Frances
SGT Hulka:D

All you Floridian's take care of yourselves!
Shaun (Hometown - Hollywood, Florida)

TAF
09-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Back to the seriousness at hand...Bill...I'm watchin weather.com with you and all the others down there. My whole family is down there....let's pray for a "right-hand turn" out to sea over the next couple nights.

2003 MIB
09-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Back to the seriousness at hand...Bill...I'm watchin weather.com with you and all the others down there. My whole family is down there....let's pray for a "right-hand turn" out to sea over the next couple nights.
On my list Todd- right behind Mia.

Bootlegger
09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Bill, If you need anything from us on this coast just let me know. We don't need this again in just three weeks.. Anything at all.!!! Hang in there..

oldekid
09-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey, I'm in central Florida and I appreciate everyone's concern. My MM will be in my garage. . .hopefully safe. We don't know what to expect, but we are right in the target of the path of this monster. It is already crazy here, trying to get prepared. Hurricane Charley woke us up. Panic rules. Even tonight, most gas stations are shut down as they are out of gas. The stores are running low on water, charcoal, batteries, and most anything that people think they will need. Traffic is terrible, everyone is driving around looking for stuff to get them through the storm. I think we can handle the wind, I don't know if we can handle the rain that this thing is bringing us. They are talking about 16 to 18 inches. We are expecting at least 100 mph winds, for God only knows how long. I wish eveyone well in Florida.

jgc61sr2002
09-01-2004, 08:06 PM
oldekid - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: You came to the right place. Lots of good info and nice folks. Take care hope all is well.

Cobra25
09-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Look like we are going to get hit again down here in Florida. this time the east coast. So far all my neighbor's are getting together and helping each other put up panels ect. I for one am well suppyed , I planed ahead, but alot of others around here are going crazy trying to get things the last minute.

cruzer
09-01-2004, 09:18 PM
O K everyone--face East and blow as hard as you can--gotta change the airflow. Seriously, our prayers are with you--take care, be safe--keep us posted

wsmylie
09-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Just came in from outside putting up my storm shutters and helping the neighbors with theirs. This one looks real nasty. Hope it passes us by. Good luck and stay in touch.
Look like we are going to get hit again down here in Florida. this time the east coast. So far all my neighbor's are getting together and helping each other put up panels ect. I for one am well suppyed , I planed ahead, but alot of others around here are going crazy trying to get things the last minute.

Patrick
09-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Here we go again. You all be safe! Hey Bill got a safe place for your MM?? I will be watching and praying again!!!

Haggis
09-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Good luck everyone, we will keep you all in our prayers.

SouLRioT
09-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I'm going to disconect all my computers, so I'll be off line till after the storm. Hopefully I'll come back on soon after. Plus I might get activated to help cleen up as well. The sworn officers in my department are fully activated, everyone working 12 hour shifts with two man cars (normally one per car). We're prepared for a direct hit, and anything else is just gravey. I'll be back soon enough.

Take care,
Bill

drgnrdr33
09-02-2004, 03:25 PM
I wonder what kind of track times you could get with a 150mph tail wind? :burn:

Seriously, ya'll stay safe over there.

Bigdogjim
09-02-2004, 03:36 PM
We up North will watching and praying along with the rest of the MM.net crew.

All the best.

teamrope
09-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Same with us in the North West. Stay safe guys. You are in our prayers.