PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

QWK SVT
09-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Damn webfiltering at the office... It's like they want me to just work, all day long:loco:

So the whole Canadian / US / Norad thread has been closed... Appears maybe something happened, that I didn't see. That's really too bad - I thought the everyone was polite, and well kept. There was reference to "Lichtenstein" but it's over my head...

Anyone, who saw it unfold, care to fill me in?:help:

RCSignals
09-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Dunno. I missed it too.
There has to be a conspiracy in this somewhere......

QWK SVT
09-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Dunno. I missed it too.
There has to be a conspiracy in this somewhere......

I also think this is a really great thread! I have been in many forums, where this would have degraded into little more than country bashing, long before now. I'm really impressed by this community! It speaks volumes, really.
Apparently, I typed the above, anf jinxed the whole thread:wasntme: It's too bad, too. I was enjoying it, for the most part...

Can't we all just get along?
:hug2:

Who's chip is better?
Which oil?
Mac vs. Windows?
Add Canada / US relations to that list...

BTW - I'm curious... Have you ever lived this side of the border?

RCSignals
09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
BTW - I'm curious... Have you ever lived this side of the border?

Oh yes. I'm just one of a large number of Canadians now on this side of the border.

QWK SVT
09-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh yes. I'm just one of a large number of Canadians now on this side of the border.
Yeah... Kinda got that impression, but you never came right out, and said it. So, what made you leave? Better job opp?

RCSignals
09-02-2004, 09:56 PM
all kinds of reasons.

Lower taxes, more freedom, better opportunities for my wife, who is a nurse, I won't go into everything because I don't want to turn this thread sour.

Maybe logan will list some of the reasons he's here.....

Believe me, there are many many Canadians here.....so many we bump into each other

Bigdogjim
09-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Come on it the lower price on gas and beer:lok:

QWK SVT
09-03-2004, 06:23 PM
all kinds of reasons.

Lower taxes, more freedom, better opportunities for my wife, who is a nurse, I won't go into everything because I don't want to turn this thread sour.

Maybe logan will list some of the reasons he's here.....

Believe me, there are many many Canadians here.....so many we bump into each other
I can respect that... I know the money (particularly after tax) can often be better, or much better, depending on field. Nursing (well, anything medical) is huge, from what I hear.

Lots of snow birds down there, too

QWK SVT
09-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Come on it the lower price on gas and beer:lok:THIS thread may get locked soon, too!
:soap:I take offence to you calling that... er... "stuff" beer! If you haven't had an Alexander Keith's, a Moosehead, a Labbatt's, a Molson, or a couple of our other fine offerings, you haven't had a real beer. Just a light beer, that's not labelled as such. :rofl:

RCSignals
09-03-2004, 10:44 PM
THIS thread may get locked soon, too!
:soap:I take offence to you calling that... er... "stuff" beer! If you haven't had an Alexander Keith's, a Moosehead, a Labbatt's, a Molson, or a couple of our other fine offerings, you haven't had a real beer. Just a light beer, that's not labelled as such. :rofl:

Well, I know what you are saying, but really the 'specialty' Beer here, and micro brew, is really good. (must be more Canadians ;) )

I respect you writing "Labbatt's" That's the name I remember, but I notice that for a few years now the boxes are just marked with the French version, "Labbatt" without the possessive. PC I guess.

QWK SVT
09-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, I know what you are saying, but really the 'specialty' Beer here, and micro brew, is really good. (must be more Canadians ;) )

I respect you writing "Labbatt's" That's the name I remember, but I notice that for a few years now the boxes are just marked with the French version, "Labbatt" without the possessive. PC I guess.Actually, I have to admit, that while south of the border, I tired a Sam Adams, and found it to be a nice tasty beverage. http://nloc.net/forum/images/smilies/beerdrink1.gif

CRUZTAKER
09-04-2004, 12:37 PM

Ahhh...moving into a beer thread.....:welcome:

Micros in the states rock.:rock:
The best in my neck of the woods is "GREAT LAKES BREWERY". Some of the finest ales and lagers around. All average 5.9% to 6.2%.

And for two months during christmas....'CHRISTMAS ALE' is a dark malty love fest at 9.6%.