PDA

View Full Version : New GTO with ram air

bigslim
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Here are picture of the 2005 GTO with ram air and dual exhaust. It is suppose to have 400hp. Also, there are a few pictures of the GTO Judge Concept that was at the Dream Cruise with 500hp.

Bradley G
09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
hey big slim, I remember the Judge from the Dreamwood that was Nice! hey thanks again for your kindness and generosity at the Dreamwood.

bigslim
09-06-2004, 10:09 PM
hey big slim, I remember the Judge from the Dreamwood that was Nice! hey thanks again for your kindness and generosity at the Dreamwood.
No problem Brad. Glad to have had you here. You hurry back now.

jobrien8
09-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Why does that car still look like a Grand Am? :dunno:

bigslim
09-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Just call it the Super Sunfire (or Cavalier).

merc406
09-07-2004, 12:32 AM

Exactly!!! :lol: The one a the WDC did sound great, but they have to do something with price :run: , it's a tomato can.... :toss:

RCSignals
09-07-2004, 01:54 AM
and they wonder why people aren't rushing to buy the first version.

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 02:15 AM
yeah, it still look like a jellybean on wheels to me. Kinda like most of the foreign cars look as well as half of the American economy cars too. I guess that's what you get when you only use computer generated body designs that have no style, and are only geared toward aerodynamics. Sorry for the pesimism. It's hard to help while looking at a car that looks like that. The only thing I can get enthused about is the engine in that car.

Logan
09-07-2004, 05:55 AM
It still looks gay.

Marauderjack
09-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Logan's got a way with words!!! :rofl:

Marauderjack :pimp:

mpearce
09-07-2004, 06:57 AM
I heard that car drive past me personally. I'm sure BigSlim can confirm...it sounded bad ass in a major way. Say anything you want, but that car turned heads as it went down woodward not because of how it looked, but because you could hear it coming, and going from a mile away.

-Mat

bigslim
09-07-2004, 09:01 AM
I heard that car drive past me personally. I'm sure BigSlim can confirm...it sounded bad ass in a major way. Say anything you want, but that car turned heads as it went down woodward not because of how it looked, but because you could hear it coming, and going from a mile away.

-Mat
That car had one of the best sounds I have ever heard coming from a car.

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 10:50 AM
well, most of you know my theory on that one. With a good exhaust, a bigger engine is always gonna sound better. But as far as it turning heads, okay, so you have a "gay' looking car w/muscles under the hood. our Marauders are a little bit lacking in the muscles department right from the factory, but you can change that, and many of us have, by spending our money to give it more muscles under the hood. But it's worth it because of the excellent body style the Marauder has. But if you buy a GTO, you can't change the body style, so it will always look GAY (accurate choice of words Logan :up: ).

MAD-3R
09-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I do have to say that it looks BETTER... sence it couldn't really look much worse.

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
.. sence it couldn't really look much worse.
:rofl: it looks like the kind of car that someone will rice-out some day.

Joe Walsh
09-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Its not easy to see from the angle of the photo...but the "Judge" has a cut out lower rear bumper AND THEN they stuck the exhaust pipes out at a 45 degree angle ON THE SIDES!!!??? :dunno: :dunno: :nono: :nono: :eek: :eek:
P.S. Did they buy those exhaust tips at PEP BOYS or JC WHITNEY?

QWK SVT
09-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Its not easy to see from the angle of the photo...but the "Judge" has a cut out lower rear bumper AND THEN they stuck the exhaust pipes out at a 45 degree angle ON THE SIDES!!!??? :dunno: :dunno: :nono: :nono: :eek: :eek:
P.S. Did they buy those exhaust tips at PEP BOYS or JC WHITNEY?
Yeah, I noticed that, too...:puke:

I'm not going to say the car looks gay, but here's the design team, now:
http://epguides.com/QueerEyefortheStraightGuy/cast.jpg

jgc61sr2002
09-07-2004, 04:52 PM
That car had one of the best sounds I have ever heard coming from a car.

The Pontiac Motor Dvision attempted to duplicate the exhaust sound of the 60's G.T.O.

Joe Walsh
09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I noticed that, too...:puke:

I'm not going to say the car looks gay, but here's the design team, now:
http://epguides.com/QueerEyefortheStraightGuy/cast.jpg

:lol: :rofl:

Queer Eye for the GTO guy!!!
"I just love that pumpkin orange color...it really schuzzes up the car!!!"

chrish
09-07-2004, 06:09 PM
It still looks gay.
You beat me to it [no pun intended] GAY GAY GAY............ :soap: :help: :censor:

SHERIFF
09-07-2004, 06:30 PM
This might be kinda off-topic here, but I really miss going to the www.pontiac.com and not seeing a Ram Air WS6 Trans Am to drool over. I will never understand why Pontiac killed the TransAm and came out with a "Cavalier GTO". :hijack:

SergntMac
09-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Y'all need to pack it in and zip up here, eh?

89VERT
09-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Grand Am look alike to me...

Joe Walsh
09-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Y'all need to pack it in and zip up here, eh?

I know it's a school night, but can't we stay up late and play???

Silver_04
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
The Pontiac Motor Dvision attempted to duplicate the exhaust sound of the 60's G.T.O.

I've been told that the exhaust actually swirled as it came out of the tips on original GTO's. Is that true?

RCSignals
09-07-2004, 08:40 PM
It still looks gay.

Happy and care-free?

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 11:52 PM
This might be kinda off-topic here, but I really miss going to the www.pontiac.com (http://www.pontiac.com/) and not seeing a Ram Air WS6 Trans Am to drool over. I will never understand why Pontiac killed the TransAm and came out with a "Cavalier GTO". :hijack:It kind of made as much sense as Chevrolet stopping the LS1 powered Camaro SS. Why? I don't know what Pontiac's problem was, but can it be that GM wanted to attempt to boost Corvette sales since even the base model Corvette always costed considerably more than the Camaro SS and Trans Am WS6 did? They all had the LS1 motor, so all three cars must have offered comparable acceleration. Right? So if performance enthusiasts could buy a Camaro SS, or a Trans AM WS6 and have close to the same power under the hood as the base Corvette model offered, and spend less for those cars than they would have to for the Vette, then I'd imagine that it might have hurt the Vette sales. And GM wants people to pay the big $$$ for the Vette I'm sure. So I can't help but to think that the decision by GM to drop the Trans AM and the Camaro odels was because of politics, and greed.

But that's simply a hunch. maybe someone else can shed some more light on that. It beats talking about the ricer wussy lookin GTO anyway.

Bradley G
09-08-2004, 04:46 AM
Ford's Mustang accounts for 1 in every 10 car ever produced and outsold Firebird Camaro &T-A historically 3-to 1. Rumor for at least 2-3 model years it was to go Bye-Bye.Sorry GM fans it was a mercy killing:razz:If you would like more just ask:neener:

Joe Walsh
09-08-2004, 04:54 AM
From what I read the sales of the Camaros and Trans Ams were way down the last 2-3 years of production. It really stumped everyone at GM...here they have a killer motor (LS1) and a 6 speed trans, the car runs easy 13s stock and is sick fast with a few mods and they can't sell many. Ford had a wimpy 4.6 SOHC (at the time no S/C Cobra) with a 5 speed in the Mustang that was at least 1/2 second slower and was selling something like 4 times as many Mustangs.....Go figure!
I love Mustangs, but until the Cobra (and now the Mach) came along I would not have considered a new Mustang for purchase...You would have had to include the price of a S/C in the purchase as a given. :hijack: sorry

Joe Walsh
09-08-2004, 05:05 AM
What GM will do next to GUARANTEE poor sales of the 'Judge' is to offer the styling/body kit of the 'Judge' on the standard model. Remember what they did with the ZR-1 Vette and the Syclone??? You could buy the standard model with the 'Hi-Po' body kit within a year.

Bradley G
09-08-2004, 05:08 AM
ford hit the market with mega reasearch on it's demographics.They realized a huge share of the market was young buyers (go figure).So they offered a fully featured car at an affordable $$. GM also made stand alone options not available unless ordered in a package which pushed the $ way up.Mustang offered power driver seaty, cd player, remote keyless entry all standard, with a retail $ of well under 20K. The most important thing, give em what they want at a $ they can afford and..........SEE:cloud9:

BillyGman
09-08-2004, 08:46 AM
I just wish that Ford had went with the bigger engines like GM has stayed with.

QWK SVT
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
From what I read the sales of the Camaros and Trans Ams were way down the last 2-3 years of production. It really stumped everyone at GM...here they have a killer motor (LS1) and a 6 speed trans, the car runs easy 13s stock and is sick fast with a few mods and they can't sell many. Ford had a wimpy 4.6 SOHC (at the time no S/C Cobra) with a 5 speed in the Mustang that was at least 1/2 second slower and was selling something like 4 times as many Mustangs.....Go figure!
Yeah... And GM poured sooo much money into advertising, too... Right?

Oh wait, they didn't spend a dime. You can't help but see Mustangs advertised, everywhere. The powers that be, for whatever reason, wanted to F-Body to die, and die it did. TTA could give you all kinds of info, as it's closer to his heart... But now we've strayed way :Offtopic:

Back to the gay... errr... Colorful GTO.

chrish
09-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Ford's Mustang accounts for 1 in every 10 car ever produced and outsold Firebird Camaro &T-A historically 3-to 1. Rumor for at least 2-3 model years it was to go Bye-Bye.Sorry GM fans it was a mercy killing:razz:If you would like more just ask:neener:

Would this meen camaroes were 3% of all car sales?..................they wish...Let Math be your friend................ :dogrun: :blah: :party:

Racerx88
09-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Ford's Mustang accounts for 1 in every 10 car ever produced and ............
Yeah, but probably 85% of THOSE were just the base V6 secretary model. Those V6 sales are the ONLY thing keeping the Mustang in production.
:neener:

Bradley G
09-09-2004, 07:01 AM
I could research the mix 6-8cyl but doesn't the GM come in a 6 cyl. too ?I'm simply stating facts on sales historically.You guy's are probably right the Ford Mustang produced for 40 years 1of 10 cars ever built takes a back seat to Gm, NOT.need any More??I don't like the seat position (too low) ride wasn't much to write home about. Handleing.....naaaaa.Go Fast Yessss sorry, it ends there.I dont feel that many people (purchaced Mustang over Cam,F brd ,TA)can be wrong!!I'm no Math wiz that is for sure. But at a Quick glance 0ne model outsells three models 3 to 1 .......And it's still in Production:dunno: Go Figure

RCSignals
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, but probably 85% of THOSE were just the base V6 secretary model. Those V6 sales are the ONLY thing keeping the Mustang in production.
:neener:

Yeah, V6 versions were a large portion of Camaro/Firebird production, still didn't help that car :neener:

TripleTransAm
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, V6 versions were a large portion of Camaro/Firebird production, still didn't help that car :neener:

According to the numbers I just looked up (only for Camaro, might check Firebird later), V6 cars accounted for pretty much half of the overall production. So half of all Camaros made (let's say from 1998 to 2002) were SS or Z28 models (ie. V8s, with the LS1).

(A quick look at the Firebird numbers seems to indicate the same trend... almost half being V8s... a big shift from the 25% that GM was initially expecting in 1993)

Having driven both Mustang V6s and Firebird V6s (no Camaros) extensively, I can honestly say the Mustang V6 was WAY behind the F-car's V6 in terms of smoothness, power, harshness... and most importantly ECONOMY. Those damned Stang 3.8s were absolute gas hogs, everyone of them! Mileage pretty much along the lines of my GTA, but with half the torque. And my 340+ hp WS6 was totally out of their reach, economy-wise, on top of it all.

But, Ford did market the p*ss out of them, and flooded the rental market, so yeah they did outsell in the end. And yes, GM's previous management (not car people, from all accounts) did want the car(s) to die and die quickly.

RCSignals
09-09-2004, 10:54 PM
50% is still a large portion.

I don't know, (or really care), about the various V6 fuel consumption, I did however own a Cougar with a V6 3.8, and it got quite good gas mileage on the hwy.

I owned a Jeep with a GM V6 and it was a garbage engine. Hopefully not the same as was used in Camaros and Firebirds.

chrish
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM

1245673468---0wryup]\

jgc61sr2002
08-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Very old thread alert.:D

Joe Walsh
08-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Very old thread alert.:D

OH MY GOD!!!!

IT...IT....IT CAN"T BE!!!! 3 YEARS LATER......

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

:eek:

Raudermaster
08-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't know why chrish felt the need to revive this.

CRUZTAKER
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
I never posted in it. Now did.

Close this beeeeatch.:cool:

So seriously, who clicked just see if someone was reinstated...not looking at dates.:flamer:

Bradley G
08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow!, I was really blatant! now I'm selling GMs' ! It's all good! The whole platform is nice looking. GM will be making an '09 hear