PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Destiny

merc406
09-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I know we have all heard of this, but here's a guy my wife found on the I-net :toss: , that does it. I may try it on our next trip. Or maybe not. :lol: http://weber.ucsd.edu/~mruben/cooking.html pictures included.

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 02:30 AM
Hey, that's making me hungry. I gotta go take my car for a ride so I can eat. Who needs electric bills anyway?

Bradley G
09-07-2004, 03:53 AM
can anyone attest to any performance gains??:poke:

BillyGman
09-07-2004, 04:06 AM
Lasagna should reduce engine temperatures quite nicely. That should be good for about two tenths at the dragstrip.;)

Bradley G
09-07-2004, 04:12 AM
Lasagna should reduce engine temperatures quite nicely. That should be good for about two tenths at the dragstrip.;)Yea BillyGman but you heard the guy,"cheese is risky business" don't want to have to call roadside assistance for a :tongue: gooey intake. sorry for the cartoons!!

Ross
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Way back when, we used to put cans of C Rations on engines in Korea to thaw out the cans because it got so cold over there. GI's nowadays have never even heard of C Rats. Darn, I feel old.

Joe Walsh
09-07-2004, 11:59 AM
No thanks..I'll pass on the 'hydrocarbon stew'. BUT

The street racing crowd would love this, as you could hide your nitrous nozzles in the center of the hotdogs!!! Then just paint your nitrous bottle to look like a big mustard container and.... VOILA'....true street sleeper!
You could even offer the loser a consolation warm hotdog as he hands over his pink slip!

PhastPhil
09-07-2004, 03:54 PM
It is funny how everything old is new again. The idea of cooking food on your car's engine has been around since the earliest cars. There were many books on how to cook entire meals on the engine of a Model T Ford! You see way back when, there weren't too many roads, let alone roadside restaurants and food stands. Heck, fast food hadn't even been invented yet! So this came more from necessity, whereas today it is a novelty. Also, when you think of all that a Model T had to endure just to drive around, haviing some food on it's engine was going to make a darn bit of difference. Unlike todays cars with their highly sensitive computeres and sensors etc. And people used to say a Model T could be cantankerous!!

Bigdogjim
09-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Just think you can heat up fresh road kill?

merc406
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
No thanks..I'll pass on the 'hydrocarbon stew'. BUT

The street racing crowd would love this, as you could hide your nitrous nozzles in the center of the hotdogs!!! Then just paint your nitrous bottle to look like a big mustard container and.... VOILA'....true street sleeper!
You could even offer the loser a consolation warm hotdog as he hands over his pink slip!

Great idea's... :pancake: :cake: but your's are ingenious.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

merc406
09-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Just think you can heat up fresh road kill?

That too!! :lol: :lol: :lol: