PDA

View Full Version : Recent 1/4 mile time...

tvdone
08-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Today at Island Raceway I ran a somewhat disappointing 15.41 / 93mph. However, the altitude there and the 96 degree heat/humidity offers some explanation. Still, I was hoping for a lower time. I even removed the spare tire. Suggestions for future: increase tire pressure all around. Looking at the video, the tires are soft. Also, cooling the engine prior to the run will will make a difference in this heat. Well, just thought I'd offer these numbers to those interested. Next run will be at Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ hopefully some cool evening.

Logan
08-04-2002, 05:22 PM
That's about right... With 4.10 gears and a chip, I ran 15.0's in the same temps.... It certainly feels like it has alot more potential though.

But the from factory performance is lacking for sure...60ft's absolutely blow chunks.

tvdone
08-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Logan,
Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to add a supercharger this spring, chip and possibly gears. Its going to be a daily driver so I plan to keep it simple. I just want to make it more like the '91 5.0 Mustang I have. I am confident by the spring there will be a supercharger combo that will be perfect, although I know there are some already.

tetsu
08-05-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by tvdone
Logan,
Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to add a supercharger this spring, chip and possibly gears. Its going to be a daily driver so I plan to keep it simple. I just want to make it more like the '91 5.0 Mustang I have. I am confident by the spring there will be a supercharger combo that will be perfect, although I know there are some already.

A supercharger is staying simple? :)

Johnny