PDA

View Full Version : More Window Problems

Bluerauder
09-19-2004, 01:56 PM
On the way home from church today, the driver window just quit working. No problem with the other three or controlling them from the driver panel. But when I try to operate the driver window, I hear no sound ... nothing ... so its not a binding problem like I had on the passenger side a while ago. Not a problem until this morning -- then bam .... window no worky. :dunno: :confused:

Smokie
09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Had the same problem, intermittently. Took it in and when I arrived at dealer it was working, told my wrench what happened and he replaced the motor/regulator assembly. Problem solved.

hdwrench
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
had the same prob on my jetta except the window wouldnt roll up and i was in the auto theft capital of the US at the time Phoenix, AZ. I guess it was a broken cable.. warranty issue.

Petrograde
09-19-2004, 04:04 PM
I had the same problem within a week of bringing her home, ... after a few hours at the dealership and a new window motor,... problem solved.

JamesHecker
09-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I have also had intermittent power window problems.

Bradley G
09-20-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey Bluerauder , the binding u describe from the passenger window did this cause the window to goup much slower than the others? Mine does this, what did they adjust /replace? to correct this?? I hope u resolve this w/ minimal grief!!
On the way home from church today, the driver window just quit working. No problem with the other three or controlling them from the driver panel. But when I try to operate the driver window, I hear no sound ... nothing ... so its not a binding problem like I had on the passenger side a while ago. Not a problem until this morning -- then bam .... window no worky. :dunno: :confused:

MarauderMark
09-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Hey Bluerauder , the binding u describe from the passenger window did this cause the window to goup much slower than the others? Mine does this, what did they adjust /replace? to correct this?? I hope u resolve this w/ minimal grief!!

I have this problem as well only when i put them (drivers and pass) up at the same time.but i think this is normal ..I hope every thing works out Charlie let us know what happened @ the dealers..

Mike Poore
09-20-2004, 07:15 AM
On the way home from church today, the driver window just quit working. No problem with the other three or controlling them from the driver panel. But when I try to operate the driver window, I hear no sound ... nothing ... so its not a binding problem like I had on the passenger side a while ago. Not a problem until this morning -- then bam .... window no worky. :dunno: :confused:Be thankful it didn't do that on Friday! Hopefully they can swap out the defective turn signal switch at the same time.

Bluerauder
09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Had the same problem, intermittently. Took it in and when I arrived at dealer it was working, told my wrench what happened and he replaced the motor/regulator assembly. Problem solved.
Well, I guess my window problem is also intermittent. After not working all day yesterday ... today there is no problem, so far. Anybody want to lay odds that the next time it acts up ... it will be in a down position ... and raining?? :rofl:

GordonB
09-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Charlie,
You may be able to press your hand against the glass and press the button for UP at the same time and get it to work IF it is a motor/regulator problem. It could be a switch issue.
GordonB

Forenzic
09-20-2004, 08:59 AM
I had a binding problem with both my front windows. they had to install new channels and then it was fixered. no problems since then. :popcorn:

Bradley G
09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
I beg to differ, if one motor has so much resistance, that it slows the works (others)down then they need service. This has been an issue common to our platform as well as the door gasket hanging up (opening the pass door).
I have this problem as well only when i put them (drivers and pass) up at the same time.but i think this is normal ..I hope every thing works out Charlie let us know what happened @ the dealers..

PJR
09-21-2004, 03:00 PM
My '02 Sport did that all the time. The speed was good on the drivers window, but if you attempted to roll up the passenger window at the same time, they both c r e p t along.

Bluerauder
09-21-2004, 04:29 PM
I had a binding problem with both my front windows. they had to install new channels and then it was fixered. no problems since then. :popcorn:
When my passenger window was binding, the dealer tried to fix it with lubricant in the window guide channels. I was back in about a week to get the channels replaced or realigned. No more binding.

My driver window wouldn't work all day Sunday .... but has been OK since Monday. No reoccurence, yet. Could be that it got wind of that glitch just passed into Virginia Law about no work on Sunday. :rofl:

Mike Poore
09-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Could be that it got wind of that glitch just passed into Virginia Law about no work on Sunday. :rofl:
Charlie, you'd be welcome here in PA. We have all sorts of crazy laws, but nobody pays attention to 'em. Also, there's a nice mustang or two lurking about, sometimes they come to VA.:sunshine:

Bluerauder
09-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Charlie, you'd be welcome here in PA. We have all sorts of crazy laws, but nobody pays attention to 'em.
This actually happened this year. The Virginia Legislature dealt with about 2,000 laws this year. Many of them are rather mundane. However, in their attempt to "fix" an administrative problem with a labor law, the new language actually said that employers couldn't make employees work on Sundays (or some such). Somehow, this passed through all the lawyers, bill readers, and legislators and was passed easily. After the session adjourned, someone actually sat down and "read" the revised wording. Very embarrassing. :stupid: A special session had to be convened to fix the problem ... and in the meantime (about 4-6 weeks) some folks actually brought action against their employers for violating the Sunday work law. I suspect that we now call these people "unemployed". :nono: :hmmm:

Is it possible to :hijack: a thread that you started???

Mike Poore
09-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Is it possible to :hijack: a thread that you started???
Charley, that's funny, but I think it's ok, as long as you don't get ticked off and start using abusive language to yourself, and, of course, being ungentlemanly.:rofl: Um, perhaps the Bunny Lady could give us an answer.
:bunny2: :bunny2: :bunny2:

rkk
09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Wow, no sooner than I start reading the forum about windows, my driver window quits. In fact today was the first Florida morning that it was cool enough to drive to work with all 4 windows down. (With all the hurricanes going on now, I regret that the Marauder has been in the garage more than usual)

Anyway, all windows came up fine when parking in the lot, then upon leaving work, the other 3 came down fine, but no drivers window.

Will be going to dealer next week provided another hurricane does not hamper things.

P.S. - I hold all you Florida Marauder folks made out okay over the last month. It's been way nasty.

Heavy351
09-24-2004, 11:31 AM
My driver's window has been doing this off and on every few weeks for months.

Without the time to pull the panel apart and look all I have been doing is striking the edge of the armrest sharply with the heel of my hand in a horozontal direction. Typically one shot does it. Just a bad connection in my case.

Bluerauder
09-24-2004, 01:23 PM
"...snip..." all I have been doing is striking the edge of the armrest sharply with the heel of my hand in a horozontal direction. Typically one shot does it. Just a bad connection in my case.
Aaaaah, application of the universal tool principle. :lol: