PDA

View Full Version : My Dad's New Cobra!

woaface
09-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Wow Is All I Have To Say! Going On A Ride Soon. You Guys Know The Stats!

Petrograde
09-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Careful Leadfoot! :lol:

Have fun!!! :burnout:

Patrick
09-23-2004, 05:21 PM
An a convertable to boot!!!! :high5:

Silver_04
09-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Norfolk N' Way pal. That is soooo cool. And he got a vert. You are responsible for getting that car modded ASAP. Pro 5.0 shifter is what I would do first.

Bluerauder
09-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Nice !!! I would have put money on the G35 ..... and lost !!! :rofl: Think you can talk him into some SS Inserts for the rear. They look good on a silver MM, should look great on a Cobra.

jgc61sr2002
Cool very cool. Congrats to your Dad. :up:

2003DOHC
Excellent choice enjoy!

Silver_04
09-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Oh and I forgot, get a structural lightbar. Looks good and makes the vert a tick safer just in case.

woaface
09-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I'll talk to him about the bar, he is already interested in the SS inserts, he loved them on ya'lls MM's and just asked me about them.

Mike Poore
09-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Congratulations, that's a true supercar! We like the Steeda TRIAX shifter, and be sure to use Amsoil tranny fluid. Good for you guys!:burnout: :woohoo:

bigslim
09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Nice choice. I knew you would not let us down. Glad he got a Ford. It helps me out. :banana2:

Bradley G
09-23-2004, 05:50 PM
NIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!;) :nworthy:

woaface
09-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Makes me proud too.

woaface
09-23-2004, 06:01 PM
HERE is an INTERESTING Tidbit about THIS car in particular. A note was found in the glovebox that something along the lines of:

"Welcome to the Ford experience. Occasionally Ford selects cars from the assembly line and test's them first hand to make sure you're getting a quality experience blah blah blah"

In short, the took it out and drove it around Detriot or on a test track or something. Cool huh? That's why, brand new, it has 91 miles on it!

BTW, it's a 2004, and the manager of the store said that Doug can drive it like it's got 30,000 miles on it and to make sure he does so.

mpearce
09-23-2004, 06:02 PM
James,

Hope to see some burnout photos next! Enojy, and Congrats!

-Mat

NAVCHAP
09-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Nice going, regards and congrats to Dad, enjoyed meeting him in Indy, had a nice chat. -kjs-

:bows: :drive:

woaface
09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
My dad ordered SS inserts just a few minutes ago...that's the first thing he wanted to do.

SHERIFF
09-23-2004, 06:45 PM
HERE is an INTERESTING Tidbit about THIS car in particular. A note was found in the glovebox that something along the lines of:

"Welcome to the Ford experience. Occasionally Ford selects cars from the assembly line and test's them first hand to make sure you're getting a quality experience blah blah blah"

In short, the took it out and drove it around Detriot or on a test track or something. Cool huh? That's why, brand new, it has 91 miles on it!

Instead of making the hair stand up on back of my neck, being randomly selected for a long test drive would concern me. Hope whoever was driving it didn't dog it too badly!

That's my opinion, and I stand by it! :)

wesman
09-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Tell your Dad I highly recommend the Kenne Bell Blowzilla upgrade, +335hp.

From the don't **** around school of thought.
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/cobra03/cobra03.htm

woaface
09-23-2004, 06:55 PM
This is the fastest, coolest, most expensive car my dad has ever owned and driven in his entire life. There is no way he'll do an upgrade like that. 390 horses is enough for him.

Once in a while I'll throw things like shifters and chips at him...but that's all he'll take:) SS inserts are good for now.:banana2:

BillyGman
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Jim, that's great news!!! You must be drooling every time he takes you for a ride in it!!! But c'mon Jimmy, you just gotta supply some of us Hi-perf nuts w/a pic or two of the view under the hood!!

RCSignals
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
This is the fastest, coolest, most expensive car my dad has ever owned and driven in his entire life. There is no way he'll do an upgrade like that. 390 horses is enough for him.

Once in a while I'll throw things like shifters and chips at him...but that's all he'll take:) SS inserts are good for now.:banana2:

I agree James, that's a big jump for him going from a mini-van to a Cobra :eek:

:drive:

:party1:

bigslim
09-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Tell your Dad I highly recommend the Kenne Bell Blowzilla upgrade, +335hp.

From the don't **** around school of thought.
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/cobra03/cobra03.htm
That is quite an upgrade. Only problem is keeping the rear end from hopping around. I know a couple of guys that have added power to their Cobras and have problems with launches. One guy is changing to a fixed rearend.

Mike Poore
09-24-2004, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=woaface]

QUOTE]
:drive:
There was one of those in my new MM when I got it. 41mi. You'd have thought they would have noticed the very badly screwed up rear on the "test" drive.:cheesed:

woaface
09-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Can't get engine pics till tomorrow...I should mention though that the engine is VERY nice.

UAW 588
09-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Nice choice. I knew you would not let us down. Glad he got a Ford. It helps me out. :banana2:
THAT GOES DITTO FOR ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

gpfarrell
09-24-2004, 06:04 PM

James... you really should pursue a career in sales... if you could talk your dad into a Cobra convertible I'll bet you could earn yourself a Marauder in no time!

If you ever get to light the fuse on that Mustang, be careful... they'll bite!

Congrats on the hi-po Ford in the family... that's got to make a Marauder look practically practical!

Greg

woaface
09-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Not to mention Greg...I knew more about that car than the sales guy...whose name was Doug. He patted me on the back and said "Keep sellin' it"

There was a Mustang expert sales man there, but because I went to the dealership before my dad we didn't get him.

My dad will teach me how to shift it and all, but I'm pretty sure I've got the jist of it down, just need some practice. I'll be good on prom night come spring.

woaface
09-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Is the "click" of the differential doing what I believe is locking and unlocking normal? My dad hasn't noticed it but I have.

Hey Logan, do you like the color?!?!

BillyGman
09-25-2004, 12:07 AM
I dunno if that's the differential Jim. Atleast it shouldn't be. There's a guy in work who recently bought a Cobra, anbd his makes some type of drivetrain noise too. The dealer told him that this is normal for those cars, but I'm not really sure if it is or isn't. I'll seee if I can find out more about this for you.

BillyGman
09-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Jim, this is what I was just told by another Cobra owner......

OK, time to post the read deal. If your trannie has:

Marbles in a can sound
Clunk
High pitched whine in 5th

These are normal.

These are abnormal:

High pitched squeaking noise in neutral.
Clanking
Grinding noise above 2K.
Rattling (like nails in a tin can)
Low end grunting or narling sounds

Hope this helps! http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

BillyGman
09-25-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm also going to try and get a ride in my co-worker's 03 Cobra on Monday or Tuesday to hear for myself what the noise that his car is making sounds like.

woaface
09-25-2004, 09:39 AM
It's more like that normal clunk. It doesn't SOUND abnormal, it sounds quite normal actually, but it's there and I was making sure.

woaface
09-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Well...you asked for 'em BillyG!

On top of this, my dad has several mod's ordered. The SS Inserts, the Valve stem caps that say SVT on them, a Cobra to replace the Pony in the grille, and possibly tinted windows in the next couple of months. He also got a license plate frame with Cobra's on each side...a little tacky, but he wanted it. He likes the shifter as it is.

The one performance thing I would LOVE if he did was get rid of the stock mufflers and outlets. (deleted tips if you will). The tips are actually welded around the regular exhaust tips with what looks like brilo-pads stuffed in between to silence them. RETARDED! It could growl a little more at idle too...:twocents:

BillyGman
09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks Jimmy. I don't know why Ford puts a cover over the blower pulley. The other pullies for the accessory drives get along just fine w/out any covers over them. So what's the big need for the blower pulley cover? Nice pics Though. Especially the second one. There's just something about a roots S/Cer sitting directly on top of an engine like that!!! It does something to me. :eek:

....uhmm, excuse me now, I have to go and romp on my car!!!!

Mike Poore
09-27-2004, 10:26 AM
I agree with Billy about that grey sewer cover over the blower belt. Most of the one's at the shows had that idiotic thing in the trash can by then. I must admit the engine looks a lot better with it ...gone, :)

stevengerard
09-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Prom night?!, let me speak to your dad, I might as well buy it from him now before its trashed on Prom night 25k and he can keep the belt cover.

woaface
09-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Votes of Confidence:
1 from Steven

gpfarrell
09-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Not to mention Greg...I knew more about that car than the sales guy... I'll be good on prom night come spring.

I remember doing that at a Mazda dealership when I was 15... helping Mom... the "discussion" was over 2 horsepower... he said the Mazda had more, I told him he was wrong... and he killed his own deal.

Don't forget to pick your date up after the dance and take her home... it's more fun to cruise with the Cobra, but her parents will get upset if you don't return her.

Enjoy!

Patrick
09-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Votes of Confidence:
1 from Steven

Make it 2!!!
:lol:

martyo
09-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Votes of Confidence:
1 from Steven

Before I cast my vote, can you please let me know how Elaine has been? Posting pics of her is always a good idea too.

woaface
09-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Elaine is well, I'll see her later today and tomorrow. She is not, however, my homecoming date. If things go well I'll be asking a lady I sit at lunch with who's Puerto Rican and Korean.

martyo
09-28-2004, 04:44 AM
Elaine is well, I'll see her later today and tomorrow. She is not, however, my homecoming date.

If that is the case, Todd wants to know if he can take Elaine to the prom. :high5:

woaface
09-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I'll make sure we all hide Elaine from Todd in the crowd of 700-1100 highschool students.

Donny Carlson
09-28-2004, 07:19 PM
If things go well I'll be asking a I sit at lunch with who's Puerto Rican and Korean.
Okay, you want to translate that into English.

I imagine those kimchee burritos are yum-my!

woaface
09-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Indeed Donny!

Patrick
09-28-2004, 08:01 PM
I'll make sure we all hide Elaine from Todd in the crowd of 700-1100 highschool students.

:rofl: :high5:

Donny Carlson
09-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Indeed Donny!
Kimchee = pickled, spicy cabbage.

I am forbidden to eat this, unless I file an environmental impact statement, in triplicate, with the EPA and ADEM, and proper permits are on file. :wflag:

martyo
09-28-2004, 08:04 PM

I am forbidden to eat this, unless I file an environmental impact statement, in triplicate, with the EPA and ADEM, and proper permits are on file. :wflag:

This is too much information. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Donny Carlson
09-28-2004, 08:10 PM
This is too much information. Of course, that is just my opinion.
Hey Marty, here's a pic of James and his date last year!

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/prom/2003_1st.jpg

Patrick
09-28-2004, 08:18 PM

Me too but I do miss Kimchee and Bulgoki and rice!!!! And well no more but Soju!!!!

martyo
09-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Hey Marty, here's a pic of James and his date last year!

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/fashion/prom/2003_1st.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!