PDA

View Full Version : Mods To The Cobra!

woaface
10-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Of course my dad loves the things I suggested for him...and I know of them only because of what I've found through MM net!

Next step...tints!

Patrick
10-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Luv the Inserts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woaface
10-03-2004, 05:45 PM
When the sun shines low, the ground says "ARBOC":D

Patrick
10-03-2004, 05:53 PM
When the sun shines low, the ground says "ARBOC":D

Cool!!!! Get to drive much???

teamrope
10-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Those inserts look sweet! *cough*(Kooks)*cough* The cobra grill figure looks cool too. *cough* (Magnaflows)*cough* And those valve caps really set the wheels off nice.

I'm sure that is about as far as your dad's gonna take it though Just beware of the subliminal message worm that I hear is invading other message boards.*cough*(eat snakie smores)*cough*

woaface
10-03-2004, 05:59 PM
I talked to my dad about exhaust systems. As far as he's interested, deleted tips, but he doesn't want it any louder, he likes the stalker idea and that the cops can't hear him three miles away.

I can't drive it, but we went to the grocery (which is about a mile away) but half way there decided to go to the other about 3 or 4 miles away and then take a 10 or 15 mile route home. We told my mom we were "lost" and she said "was the top down when you got lost?"

:D:D:D He loves it, I love it...damn is that thing powerful!

Patrick
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
I get the feeling you and your DAD will be getting lost alot!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

mpearce
10-03-2004, 06:32 PM
James...

Ask your Dad if you can take your girl on a date in the Cobra. Throw him some guilt...he'll let ya!!

-Mat

woaface
10-03-2004, 06:59 PM
He said half of him is worried about how tempted I'll be behind the wheel, and the other half is what other people might commit to behind theirs.

The guy who sold us the car is going to teach me how to drive stick...and in a couple of months, we'll see what he'll let me do. But I'm not on the insurance list...which would be out of the roof if I was ever put on it. So we'll see what happens!

Patrick
10-03-2004, 07:07 PM
He said half of him is worried about how tempted I'll be behind the wheel, and the other half is what other people might commit to behind theirs.

The guy who sold us the car is going to teach me how to drive stick...and in a couple of months, we'll see what he'll let me do. But I'm not on the insurance list...which would be out of the roof if I was ever put on it. So we'll see what happens!

In time James!!!!!!

QWK SVT
10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Of course my dad loves the things I suggested for him...and I know of them only because of what I've found through MM net!

Next step...tints!
Looks great, but really, next steps should be:
4lb lower
CAI
Proper Tune to go with the above

Say hello to low, low, low 12's, or better:burn:

PS - teamrope is right... I've heard/seen the kook's / maggy combo on these - it's just downright sick! :coolman:

martyo
10-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Looks great, but really, next steps should be:
4lb lower
CAI
Proper Tune to go with the above

Say hello to low, low, low 12's, or better:burn:

PS - teamrope is right... I've heard/seen the kook's / maggy combo on these - it's just downright sick! :coolman:

I second that!

Tell your Dad he should change the pulley ASAP! The stock pulley is only there to make sure that he was able to get the car insured. Now that he has it insured the pulley needs to be swapped.

woaface
10-05-2004, 04:58 AM
I've talked it over with him and showed him a few CAI's and such. For right now he's happy but he said there are possibilities for the future. He's got Ford's ESP on it and he won't do anything that will void the warrenty...as in, anything a tech will notice. It will be seeing a lot of the dealership as they're great with their cars and SVT certified. Everytime he goes in they wash the car and fill it up with gas for $0.75! He's not missing out on that. Not to mention if he doesn't have time to do things the guy who sold us the car will come down to his work place and take it back to the dealership for him, leaving Doug a car.

However, if Marauderville III is close by in the southeast, we'll be bringing the Cobra, and don't bet he won't have a tune by then:D

QWK SVT
10-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I've talked it over with him and showed him a few CAI's and such. For right now he's happy but he said there are possibilities for the future. He's got Ford's ESP on it and he won't do anything that will void the warrenty...as in, anything a tech will notice.
Here's some good mods, that won't be easily noticed:
CAI
Apten blower porting (looks bone stock, made a huge difference on my Lightning)
Diablo Predator w/ custom tune - two words Johnny Lightning (trust me he knows his ish - his Lightning has run 9.8's in the 1/4):bows:

With the above, you can probably figure about 50 - 60HP over stock, any knuclehead could install it (even me), and you can easily return back to normal, in minutes... All for about $1100. Of course, then you'll start to want sticky tires, to put the power to good use... Once you start, you can't stop :banana2:

It will be seeing a lot of the dealership as they're great with their cars and SVT certified. Everytime he goes in they wash the car and fill it up with gas for $0.75! He's not missing out on that. Not to mention if he doesn't have time to do things the guy who sold us the car will come down to his work place and take it back to the dealership for him, leaving Doug a car.
Yeah, the SVT treatment is nice! I always get the car wash, interior clean/vacumn and they will not leave the vehicle where it is accessible by the public. It's in a locked lot, from when I drop it off, until I pick it up. Funny though, I've never gotten gas from them... Except maybe from the free Pepsi machine :rolleyes:

Actually, I take my MM to my SVT dealer (where I bought the truck, not the Marauder) and they give me the treatment, anyway - I think they know I'll be back for more, sooner or later...

However, if Marauderville III is close by in the southeast, we'll be bringing the Cobra, and don't bet he won't have a tune by then:D
Now you're talking!!! Let the fun begin!!!:burn:

woaface
10-05-2004, 06:33 PM
I forgot to say, if we take it to Marauderville III, and there's a dyno tuner there...it'll more than likely get thrown on!

MM03MOK
10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
I forgot to say, if we take it to Marauderville III, and there's a dyno tuner there...it'll more than likely get thrown on!Such the optimist!

woaface
10-05-2004, 07:08 PM
That optimisim you speak of works wonders in forming good relationships and impressions with lady prospectives and teachers:)

woaface
10-17-2004, 02:12 PM
I washed up the Cobra this weekend. Looks spectacular! (Of course). Inserts are COOOOOOOL.