PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Jr. wins another Talladega race!!!!!

Long Live #3
10-04-2004, 07:53 AM
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/03/bc.car.nascar.talladega.ap/index.html

Starting 10th on the final restart, Dale Earnhardt Jr. passed Kevin Harvick for the lead and held off the field for the win in Sunday's EA Sports 500. It was Junior's fifth Talladega victory in his last seven starts there.

Bluerauder
10-04-2004, 09:22 AM
It was Junior's fifth Talladega victory in his last seven starts there.
The #8 Budweiser car was very strong at Talladega. I believe that Little E can "see the air" there at Talladega just like his father. He was able to move around at will whereever he wanted to be. Too bad that Michael Waltrip fell back from his partner.

I was really happy to see Dale Jarrett's #88 up front for a 3rd place finish. It was kinda funny listening to Elliott Sadler's interview after the race. He said he would like to finish once with all 4 tires on the ground ... then he said that he didn't think he was as high in the air as last year .... something he will work on. These guys are pretty amazing to be able to maintain a sense of humor after going airborne at 190 mph and flipping.

tomd
10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
And he said a BAD word! :lol: :banned: :run:

Bluerauder
10-04-2004, 09:28 AM
And he said a BAD word! :lol: :banned: :run:
Twice as I recall the interview with Junior ...... :lol:

Long Live #3
10-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Hell I think they can live with. But s#!t, that's a different story.

merc
10-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Great Race, and truely loved the Elliott Saders flip at the end. This is the second year in a row for this stunt. Just glad he was not injured. Can't say too many good things about Dale Earnhardt.

MI2QWK4U
10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Hopefully NASCAR will stick with past practice and nail Jr. with the 25 point fine. He is such an ass.

Patrick
10-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Great Race, and truely loved the Elliott Saders flip at the end. This is the second year in a row for this stunt. Just glad he was not injured. Can't say too many good things about Dale Earnhardt.

Very scarry indeed. If I was in that car and was being taped NACSAR would have fined me a whole years wages for cussing!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluerauder
10-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Very scarry indeed. If I was in that car and was being taped NACSAR would have fined me a whole years wages for cussing!!!!!!!!!!!
Goes to show the safety factor built into these race cars. When a driver is able to walk away from one of these wrecks, the typical statement is "It was just one of those racing deals !!"

Patrick
10-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Goes to show the safety factor built into these race cars. When a driver is able to walk away from one of these wrecks, the typical statement is "It was just one of those racing deals !!"

NASCAR needs to implimant "Pucker Factor"" in their vocabulary!!!!

Bluerauder
10-04-2004, 01:31 PM
NASCAR needs to implimant "Pucker Factor"" in their vocabulary!!!!
Just before the end of the race, Earnhardt, Jr. was clocked at 195 mph. That's Pucker Factor enough. :sweat:

Rusty Wallace took some turns around Talladega without the restrictor plate and was topping 220 mph. That's why they use the plates now ... to keep the race from needing FAA clearance and airspace coordinators. :rofl:

Patrick
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Just before the end of the race, Earnhardt, Jr. was clocked at 195 mph. That's Pucker Factor enough. :sweat:

Rusty Wallace took some turns around Talladega without the restrictor plate and was topping 220 mph. That's why they use the plates now ... to keep the race from needing FAA clearance and airspace coordinators. :rofl:

Guess we dont need to hear on the Radio "Houston we have a problem"!!!!! Glad they make Armor all wipes for the seats.!
:rofl:

tomd
10-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Hopefully NASCAR will stick with past practice and nail Jr. with the 25 point fine. He is such an ass.

They did! :argue:

MM03
10-05-2004, 12:16 PM
JR. Will loose 25 points and $10,000 for the :censor: word. They plan to apeal the fines.

prchrman
10-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Just proves cussing doesn't pay...especially if he loses the championship...that's like what 1 or 2 million dollar wordy durd...just get a bar of soap and wash his mouth out like my mom did...willie

Bigdogjim
10-05-2004, 02:16 PM
JR. Will loose 25 points and $10,000 for the :censor: word. They plan to apeal the fines.

OK? What's 10,grand to a guy how makes millions :help: :bs:

Make he sit out a race :mad2: :P

MI2QWK4U
10-05-2004, 04:34 PM

Jim, wouldnt it be great if he lost the championship by 24 points!

merc
10-05-2004, 05:33 PM

The 10 grand may not mean much, but loosing the number one spot and the possible title at years end could cost 5 million dollars. That's a heavy penalty to pay. Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction didn't cost her that much.

Patrick
10-05-2004, 05:38 PM
The 10 grand may not mean much, but loosing the number one spot and the possible title at years end could cost 5 million dollars. That's a heavy penalty to pay. Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction didn't cost her that much.

So what's the big deal???
:dunno: :wflag:

merc
10-05-2004, 06:01 PM
What is the big deal you ask. Well, Dale is the number one driver and has the largest fan base of any driver in NASCAR. It’s a sport and a business so let's try to keep things in prospective. Drivers take out their anger on the track and in field all the time. This is the racing game, didn’t try to sterilize the sport due too sponsorship. I was not offended by his remarks, and most people today are not governed by their fundamental spiritual beliefs in comparison to my father’s generation. We are bombarded on the Internet, Radio, and Pay TV with all sorts of obscenities. I am not condoning this as normal behavior, but it’s no longer shocking. The point is , it should not have been a big deal, but I guess NASCAR thought it was. Oh, I am not a Fan of number 8 or 3.

Patrick
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
What is the big deal you ask. Well, Dale is the number one driver and has the largest fan base of any driver in NASCAR. It?s a sport and a business let try to keep thinks in prospective. Drivers take out their anger on the track and in field all the time. This is the racing game, didn?t try to sterilize the sport due too sponsorship. I was not offended by his remarks, and most people today are not governed by their fundamental spiritual beliefs in comparison to my father?s generation. We are bombarded on the Internet, Radio, and Pay TV which all sorts of obscenities. I am not condoning this as normal behavior, but it?s no longer shocking. The point is , it should not have been a big deal, but I guess NASCAR thought it was. Oh, I am not a Fan of number 8 or 3.

Thats what I mean. Profanity and obsence jestures are all over TV. Yes the Janet thing was
:bs: Staged or whatever, its over. I am just shocked that he would be fined for emotions. But NASCAR needs to chill and MLB needs serious therapy!!!!! I will leave at that and maybe for another Thread.