PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racers

merc
10-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Ok, as many of you know the 3rd Annual NVMC Shoot Out will be held at Mason Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown Maryland on October 23rd 2004 from 12:00 Noon to 6:30 PM.

Cost: $40.00 Entrance Fee
Spectators : $5.00 (Track Mandated)
No Shorts (Drivers) & 1/4 Length "T" Shirts or longer sleeves
Appropriate Safety Equipment for your Vehicles "ET" Range
(Refer to the Safety Requirements)

Start Time: 12 Noon Sharp
(Remember Registration Process)

Bracket Classes
(Dial In Times)

Stock Street 400 first place , Second is 250, and 100 for third
Pure Street 400 first place , Second is 250, and 100 for third
Modular Street 400 first place , Second is 250, and 100 for third
Extreme Street 400 first place , Second is 250, and 100 for third

Note: Payoffs could be higher depending on the turnout.

Heads Up Class
Street Tire Bandit
(Street Radial Class- NO DRAG RADIALS OR SPECIAL STICKY COMPOUND TIRES-Any size motor, single power adder, no electronics, no sand bagging during qualifying, and 2 CLEAN qualifying passes must be accomplished, any qualifying runs that are considered to be out of control by us or the track officials will result in a DQ and that car will have to run in the appropriate bracket class instead! Further detailed rules for each class to follow. For any questions related to the Street Tire Bandit heads up class please contact Ebby at n2o408coupe@comcast.net

You will be running against Corvettes, Lightnings, other Ford vehicles and special invite cars in this event, and you will be running a "Sportsman Tree"

http://www.masondixondragway.com/

If you have any unanswered questions please contact Ceece Coburn
NVMC Co Founder
(571)233-6213
Ceece@northernvirginiamustangc lub.com

MAD-3R's Wife
10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Mark,

Thank you for getting this information out. What with the move we have been running a little behind in everything.

Tasha

MAD-3R
10-06-2004, 10:25 AM
:bump:

COme on CAM guys. You know you want to.

MarauderMark
10-07-2004, 02:14 PM
I would like to be there .I may be there but i don't know if i really want to run my car all day long , ah we'll see. Mad3r or Merc call me about the regulations.i dont understand..

CRUZTAKER
10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Mmmm....drag racing.....cam members.....maryland....downti me....:rolleyes:

GordonB
10-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Hi to all CAMers and others who may attend 75/80 Drags this weekend:
BE VERY CAREFUL at this track because it is NOT EVER prepared very well, if at all. Our Corvette Club does NOT go here any more because of bad conditions and failure of track owner to do anything to prep track.
Mason Dixon in Hagerstown or Capitol off Route 3 Crofton are world's better.

GordonB

MarauderMark
10-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi to all CAMers and others who may attend 75/80 Drags this weekend:
BE VERY CAREFUL at this track because it is NOT EVER prepared very well, if at all. Our Corvette Club does NOT go here any more because of bad conditions and failure of track owner to do anything to prep track.
Mason Dixon in Hagerstown or Capitol off Route 3 Crofton are world's better.

GordonB

But Merc wrote the 23rd??? Is it this weekend or the weekend after????

merc
10-07-2004, 07:31 PM
But Merc wrote the 23rd??? Is it this weekend or the weekend after????

It's Saturday the 23rd of Oct. Dude, 15 days from now. You should attend or meet my litte friend Kimber. :beer:

Mark the rules are clear.

1.) You need a helmet and O.E.M tires
2.) You don't have you race all day. 3 to 4 runs to establish your dial-in and 3 to 4 runs to win in your class unless you get eliminated. This could happen in your first run if you brake out.
4.) So you will run your car between 5 to 8 runs.

The key to winning is not running your best time. Consistency is what this is all about, unless you want to run in the Heads up Class. HEADS UP requires a little more skill and motor. The winner of this class is project to run in the 12-second category. That is because all cars must run the O.E.M tires (No Drag Radials or Slicks allowed). Cars with 600hp will spin badly if they launch hard out of the hole. Crossing the centerline is an automatic D.Q.

:banana2:

MarauderMark
10-07-2004, 07:45 PM
It's Saturday the 23rd of Oct. Dude, 15 days from now. You should attend or meet my litte friend Kimber. :beer:

I sure (about 90%) i will be there buddy!

merc
10-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Mmmm....drag racing.....cam members.....maryland....downti me....:rolleyes:

Barry I am sure we would be Honored to have you at the Track. If everything works out we will have 50 + cars and 4 Marauders, not including yours.

MAD-3R
10-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Berry, if you come down, I will pay your entry fee!!

Bluerauder
10-08-2004, 08:22 AM
:bump:

COme on CAM guys. You know you want to.
OK, I am gonna check the schedule and see if I can get a partner on the homefront. Of course, I'll just be there as a spectator.

Merc and Mad 3-R -- convoy route and timing?? :confused:

MAD-3R
10-08-2004, 08:25 AM
The mustabg guys will be leaving from the expo center parking lot about 10, 10:30ish and then head up 66_495_270_70.

Sence we live right off 7 and want to get there early, we will be leaving home 9ish, and heading up 15.

Bluerauder
10-08-2004, 08:37 AM
The mustabg guys will be leaving from the expo center parking lot about 10, 10:30ish and then head up 66_495_270_70.

Sence we live right off 7 and want to get there early, we will be leaving home 9ish, and heading up 15.
Then it looks like the 95-495-270-70 route is best for me. Is there a Marauder rally point that's easy to find .... or should I steal my daughter's Mustang and come incognito?? ":rofl:"

MAD-3R
10-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Then it looks like the 95-495-270-70 route is best for me. Is there a Marauder rally point that's easy to find .... or should I steal my daughter's Mustang and come incognito?? ":rofl:"

Just meet up with them, and make it look like your chacing them. :burn:

merc
10-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Bluerauder I can meet you somewhere on 495. I will not be leaving with the group and you can call me on my cell. I am open to suggestions.

merc
10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Ok guys I am going over to the dark side Luke and post some information on the SS forums. I am sure they will be interested in a mini battle between our cars. This could be the 4-door battle of the Mason Dixon Line again. Chevy vs. Mercury, a classic fight that may go down in drag way History.

MarauderMark
10-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Berry, if you come down, I will pay your entry fee!!

Hey Berry :lol: If your going then i will be there .it will be like meeting a celebrity.. :banana:

Can someone give me an address to that place so i can get yahoo direction and how long it will take..

Bluerauder
10-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Bluerauder I can meet you somewhere on 495. I will not be leaving with the group and you can call me on my cell. I am open to suggestions.
Merc, where and when are you jumping on 495? I am not familiar with any convenient rally spots west of Route 50/Gallows Road/495.

merc
10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Berry :lol: If your going then i will be there .it will be like meeting a celebrity.. :banana:

Can someone give me an address to that place so i can get yahoo direction and how long it will take..

This should help Mark
http://www.masondixondragway.com/directions.htm

merc
10-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Looks like a time change. We will be running between 4 p.m. to 8. pm. That means we are under the lights for the final rounds.

MarauderMark
10-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Looks like a time change. We will be running between 4 p.m. to 8. pm. That means we are under the lights for the final rounds.

Good the car seems to run better when cooler.

MAD-3R
10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
We won't be making it now.

MarauderMark
10-09-2004, 12:39 PM
We won't be making it now.

Did i ruin something ? Ok i wont go then . Sheez i didnt want to hurt anyone..j/p :P

MAD-3R
10-09-2004, 06:50 PM
It's the time change thing

JET
10-12-2004, 09:33 PM
OEM tire = no Nittos does that mean I shouldn't bother?

My car is unsafe when racing on the OEM tires.

:confused: :bigcry: :cry: :down: :tantrum:

JET
10-12-2004, 09:39 PM
I just read the flyer and it says that anything goes in Extreme Street so count me in.

:cheer: :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer:

What else do we have planned for the weekend?

Lets get a head count.

MAD-3R
10-13-2004, 05:36 AM
We are GO for launch.

We will be there, but with only the Marauder. We're not racing the truck.

merc
10-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
Bluerauder

Did I miss anyone.

CRUZTAKER
10-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I have gotten clearence Clarence! The wife is ok with my going. Hey Mad3R, is your offer still on? I need every financial break I can get.:P

I will leave friday night and find a place to camp out in the area near the track. Race saturday, hang out with you folks, and likely leave Sunday morning.
Is race gas available? Or do I need to bring some?

AND...you say street tires only. I only use the Mickey Thompsons these days. They are dot street legal cheater slicks with tread. I have the old pirellis but don't like using them.

I need a better definition of what is allowed. And if there is another catergory for me with the MT ET STREETS.

MAD-3R
10-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Yes, the offer still stands!!

As for the Mt streets, you can use them in the unlimited class, but not the heads up.

CRUZTAKER
10-13-2004, 10:55 AM
...I'll bring both...and a jack!:P

Thanks man, I'm there!

MAD-3R
10-13-2004, 10:57 AM

Thanks man, I'm there!

No problem. Our guys are preety good about getting people into there proper classes.

MAD-3R
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Also, you may want to bring your own race gas. They keep telling us they have it at the strip, but I have yet to see any.

MarauderMark
10-13-2004, 11:43 AM

Thanks man, I'm there!

Looking forward to finally meeting you..:beer:

merc
10-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
Bluerauder
CRUZTAKER

MarauderMark
10-13-2004, 11:50 AM
What time should i be there i would like to be there earlier maybe hang out with barry .it will take me about 2 hrs to get there . so if ya want to have a late breakfast my treat barry..if not what time should i be there??..

MAD-3R
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
We could meet at noon in Hagerstown and have lunch, then cruise over to the strip. It would give us all some time to cool off, and be able to hit the track asap.

Bluerauder
10-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
Bluerauder
CRUZTAKER
It'll be Bluerauder and S.O.B. (Son of Bluerauder). Rally time, place (lunch??)

merc
10-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Bluerauder and S.O.B. (Son of Bluerauder)

Anyone else

MarauderMark
10-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER

Anyone else

This is going to be one great :censor: party!!:banana: :banana2:

CRUZTAKER
10-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I found a CAM2 dealer close to Hagerstown. Atleast for me since I am coming in early. I have not called this station yet to confirm the exact type of race fuel they carry, but they are on Sunoco's web site as a CAM2 dealer. Could very well be leaded 114....but that doesn't bother me in small amounts and really boosts the crap out of my performance tune.

Miller Sunoco
1027 Lincoln Way West
Chambersburg, Pa. 17201
717-263-9023

By my estimates, this location is about 25 miles north of Hagerstown on RT 30 east off RT 81.

Haggis
10-14-2004, 09:35 AM
WOW, I must have been sleeping, just found this thread. Sounds like we are having a mini-meet (CAM).

To get everything straight the start time has changed from 12pm to 4pm, correct? Chis is not going to like this, our Toys for Tots Cruise starts at 6pm. But, Barry is coming in from Ohio and MarauderMark is coming down from Northeast. Bluerauder and S.O.B are coming up from Va. along with Merc, Mad-3R & Tasha. Has anyone told Joe Walsh or Mike Poore about this mini-meet Drag day, or the rest of the CAM members?

We are meeting for lunch at noon, there is a Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse down Rt-40 towards Hagerstown not too far away and on the same road as the track. See you all on the 23rd. :burnout:

Haggis
10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
WOW, I must have been sleeping, just found this thread. Sounds like we are having a mini-meet (CAM).

To get everything straight the start time has changed from 12pm to 4pm, correct? Chis is not going to like this, our Toys for Tots Cruise starts at 6pm. But, Barry is coming in from Ohio and MarauderMark is coming down from Northeast. Bluerauder and S.O.B are coming up from Va. along with Merc, Mad-3R & Tasha. Has anyone told Joe Walsh or Mike Poore about this mini-meet Drag day, or the rest of the CAM members?

We are meeting for lunch at noon, there is a Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse down Rt-40 towards Hagerstown not too far away and on the same road as the track. See you all on the 23rd. :burnout:

Didn't mean to leave out John. Jet is flying down from Philly, man those pony boys are in for a treat.

Bluerauder
10-14-2004, 12:31 PM

S.O.B. will be definitely be looking forward to this............ :D

East or west of the track on Route 40?? :confused:

CRUZTAKER
10-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I found a CAM2 dealer close to Hagerstown. Atleast for me since I am coming in early. I have not called this station yet to confirm the exact type of race fuel they carry, but they are on Sunoco's web site as a CAM2 dealer. Could very well be leaded 114....but that doesn't bother me in small amounts and really boosts the crap out of my performance tune.

Miller Sunoco
1027 Lincoln Way West
Chambersburg, Pa. 17201
717-263-9023

By my estimates, this location is about 25 miles north of Hagerstown on RT 30 east off RT 81.

I called them today, and yes, they still carry race fuel, and better yet....a choice!
100 UNLEADED or 112 LEADED CAM2 pump fuel.

Brutus
10-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Going out of town that weekend:( Sorry!

merc
10-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Going out of town that weekend:( Sorry!

I was looking forward to seeing you. Oh well, maybe next time.
Just remember Red Balls gives me Wings...
:burnout:

Haggis
10-15-2004, 03:37 AM
S.O.B. will be definitely be looking forward to this............ :D

East or west of the track on Route 40?? :confused:

Going west towards Hagerstown, plenty of parking.

Barry which hotel will you be staying at?

merc
10-15-2004, 11:55 AM
This is my New Secret Project Concept. It should be ready for Dray Day Oct. 23rd. I know it's not the bad Marauder that Martyo is hosting in Atlanta, but you got to love the design. :lol:

CRUZTAKER
10-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Barry which hotel will you be staying at?
I haven't checked yet. Any suggestions? I am gonna be watching the weather closely as this is a bit of a cruise to be spoiled by rain, and I may have to drive out on the bald pirellis and pack the slicks in the trunk.

And as far as this steakhouse, do you have an address available?

Patrick
10-15-2004, 05:33 PM
This is my New Secret Project Concept. It should be ready for Dray Day Oct. 23rd. I know it's not the bad Marauder that Martyo is hosting in Atlanta, but you got to love the design. :lol:

Is it S/C????
:lol:

merc
10-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I haven't checked yet. Any suggestions? I am gonna be watching the weather closely as this is a bit of a cruise to be spoiled by rain, and I may have to drive out on the bald pirellis and pack the slicks in the trunk.

TEXAS ROADHOUSE - Hagerstown. Located in front of Martins Supermarket on Dual Highway. Killer ribs, steaks, and ice cold beer! Mon.-thurs. 4-11:30 pm; Fri.-Sat. 12-11:30 pm; Sun. 12-10:30 pm. 301-739-2200.

TEXAS ROADHOUSE
120 S. EDGEWOOD DRIVE
HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740

http://pages.washingtoncounty.com/dining/texas.htm

I found this information on the internet.

merc
10-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Is it S/C????

No Pat it's N/C !! :cool:

Haggis
10-15-2004, 06:56 PM

Yep that is the one Merc and it is right off of Rt-40 behind the Exxon.

As for hotels, Hagerstown has them all: Clarion, Comfort Suits, Sherton, Hampton, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn and Super 8. I will call them for prices and reservations and let you know by Monday.

merc
10-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Try this site Barry. Let your keyboard do the walking.

http://www.all-rooms.com/usa/maryland/Hagerstown/hotels.htm :)

Haggis
10-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Try this site Barry. Let your keyboard do the walking.

http://www.all-rooms.com/usa/maryland/Hagerstown/hotels.htm :)

Barry suggestion, pick one of the hotels along the Dual Highway, that is Rt-40 and most of them are between the dragway and the restaurant.

Haggis
10-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Barry or anyone else planning on coming to Drag day next weekend. I called the hotels in the area and got some prices for you. All are between the track and restaurant or close by.

Clarion- $60/night + tax for 2 beds, bar and restaurant, smoking or non-smoking

Comfort Suites- $94.95 Beds any, bar and restaurant across the street, smoking or non-smoking

Hampton- $86 dbl bed, $89 king bed, bar and restaurant across the street,
smoking or non-smoking.

Super 8- $44.88 Queen bed, no bar or restaurant, smoking or non-smoking.

Sherton and Quality Inn do not have any rooms for next weekend.

If you need anything else send me a PM.

CRUZTAKER
10-16-2004, 05:50 PM
No Pat it's N/C !! :cool:

NC-17.....:rolleyes: :lol:

merc
10-18-2004, 09:37 AM
BUMP

Weather report is looking better this week. Down to 30% change of rain from 60%.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USMD0195 :beer:

Haggis
10-18-2004, 09:50 AM
BUMP

Weather report is looking better this week. Down to 30% change of rain from 60%.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USMD0195 :beer:

The weather in this area changes day to day and even when they perdict rain most of the time it goes north into Pa. or south into Va., has to due with the mountains. Don't worry about it until Wednesday or Thursday.

Haggis
10-19-2004, 10:09 AM
The weather in this area changes day to day and even when they perdict rain most of the time it goes north into Pa. or south into Va., has to due with the mountains. Don't worry about it until Wednesday or Thursday.

It is Tuesday and the weather for Saturday is partly cloudy and temperture around 69*. Hope it stays like that, but as I said above it can change day to day. Still make those reservations now you can always cancel them.

:burn:

Bluerauder
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM

OK, here's the specs on the Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse if you need address, phone or menu information. :food: Clicky =======> Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse (http://www.texasroadhouse.com/newsites/index.php?store_id=246)

Mike Poore
10-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Just spectating though. Please add Mike Barb & John to the list. ..:burnout:

Mike Poore
10-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Where are you going to park? I want to park next to you.:rofl:

MarauderMark
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Don't know now if i am going to make it saturday .if i make it i make it if not have fun everyone.....:banana:

Bluerauder
10-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Just spectating though. Please add Mike Barb & John to the list. ..:burnout:

Great news, Mike !!! Look forward to seeing you there. I had first dibs on spectating ... so you will be an assistant spectator. :D

Where are you going to park? I want to park next to you. :rofl:
Excellent memory, too !!! You plannin' on backin' in. Remember, my car is the black one with Marauder "S" on the side. :rolleyes:

merc
10-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Head Count

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Mike, Barb & John

Anyone else
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 40s.
Dress warm :banana2:

Haggis
10-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Excellent memory, too !!! You plannin' on backin' in. Remember, my car is the black one with Marauder "S" on the side. :rolleyes:

Ok what are you two planning!?! :stompingfoot:

Merc I just received a PM from Gavin, the fat bastid, he is flying down with Jet.

See you all on Saturday and no more loose nuts and bolts on the floor boards. :nono:

merc
10-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Head Count -14

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Mike, Barb & John
The Fat Bastid

Anyone else
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 40s.
Dress warm

Man oh man this is going to be Marauder history in the making.

Mike Poore
10-20-2004, 06:18 AM
Great news, Mike !!! Look forward to seeing you there. I had first dibs on spectating ... so you will be an assistant spectator. :D

Um, would that be the one that makes those annoying whistling noises?

Oh, BtW, I PM'd Joe and he's gonna try to make it, but has a fairly full plate. He confided that it would have been a sure bet, if that danged Merc wouldn't have changed the time to accommodate MY schedule. Good 'ol Merc! My new best friend! ;)

Haggis
10-21-2004, 03:39 AM
The weather looks good for this weekend, partly cloudy and cool. See you all on Saturday.

Today
Oct 21 AM Showers 55°/45° 30 %
Fri
Oct 22 AM Clouds / PM Sun 58°/42° 10 %
Sat
Oct 23 Mostly Cloudy 57°/48° 10 %
Sun
Oct 24 AM Clouds / PM Sun 62°/46° 20 %
Mon
Oct 25 Partly Cloudy 64°/45° 10 %

Mike Poore
10-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Ok what are you two planning!?! :stompingfoot:
See you all on Saturday and no more loose nuts and bolts on the floor boards. :nono:
No, no, Haggis we're not planning anything, ...honest. And I'm dreadfully sorry about depositing that nut I found, on your floor board, just under the break pedal. It seemed like a good place to "store" it.

It's just that, since my revelation about the horrid scratches on my rear bumper, Charlie wanted to be sure my parking spot was somewhere other than "next to him". You see, after trying to blame the damage on some low life at the Wallyworld parking lot, Barb, with great conviction, pointed out how the horrid scratches perfectly line up with the horrid scratches in the bricks at the entrance of my garage. Charlie, knowing the story, proceeded in making the scurrilous attack upon my backing the MM ability, and suggested I park next to you, ....that's all. Not to worry, I'll park next to Joe's Cobra.

:high5:

Haggis
10-21-2004, 06:56 AM
No, no, Haggis we're not planning anything, ...honest. And I'm dreadfully sorry about depositing that nut I found, on your floor board, just under the break pedal. It seemed like a good place to "store" it.

It's just that, since my revelation about the horrid scratches on my rear bumper, Charlie wanted to be sure my parking spot was somewhere other than "next to him". You see, after trying to blame the damage on some low life at the Wallyworld parking lot, Barb, with great conviction, pointed out how the horrid scratches perfectly line up with the horrid scratches in the bricks at the entrance of my garage. Charlie, knowing the story, proceeded in making the scurrilous attack upon my backing the MM ability, and suggested I park next to you, ....that's all. Not to worry, I'll park next to Joe's Cobra.

:high5:

Barb is a smart woman.

So then it is ok to park next to me!! :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
10-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Charlie, knowing the story, proceeded in making the scurrilous attack upon my backing the MM ability, and suggested I park next to you, ....that's all. Not to worry, I'll park next to Joe's Cobra. :high5:
I would never make a scurrilous attack ... without first looking it up !! :rofl:

Watch out, Joe ... seems Mike needs curb feelers for a parking aid. :D

Mike Poore
10-21-2004, 11:05 AM
I would never make a scurrilous attack ... without first looking it up !! :rofl:

Watch out, Joe ... seems Mike needs curb feelers for a parking aid. :DIt'll be OK Charlie, them plastic cars never make a sound, when you hit 'em. Remind me to tell you the greatest ever Corvette story.:eek:

JET
10-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know if they have unleaded race fuel at the track and if so what octane?

Bigdogjim
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM

So then it is ok to park next to me!! :rolleyes:

Yes just not in front of you:lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 05:05 PM
It'll be OK Charlie, them plastic cars never make a sound, when you hit 'em. :eek:

Yeah, But the owners make A LOT of noise when you hit them plastic cars!!!
I'm gonna try to make it on Saturday but I'll only be spectating. Hope I can be there to see everyone run some good numbers! .... Joe

merc
10-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know if they have unleaded race fuel at the track and if so what octane?

Yes they do have Sunoco Pump gas at the track, but I have never seen anyone use it while I was there. In my area I can get 100 octane race gas and CAM-2, but I need to buy a five-gallon container to haul the stuff in. The 100 Octane is a bit pricey; I think it was around 4.50 per gallon. I will also call the track for details.

merc
10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Head Count-15

Merc
Mad-3R and Tasha
Haggis and Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Mike, Barb & John
The Fat Bastid
Joe Walsh

Anyone else

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey Jet, stop and get fuel where I posted earlier. It's on you way....just plan it right.

I am gonna nickle dime the fill ups as I get closer to the that station, and put in 3/4 of a tank or so to get me to the track on a quarter. I still need to do some milage calculations.

And if....IF, the pumps at the track are open, I'll add a few gallaons of the 114 leaded on top of whatever 100 I have left from the earlier fill up.

If you have the KOOKS, a little leaded once in awhile won't hurt, it smells cool, and really really makes a change in boost.

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Gonna make reservations tomorrow, and leave sometime tommorrow afternoon as well.

I'll post before I leave.:D

The fear of rain on the return trip requires me to pack two sets of wheels/tires.....I think I am insane....:help:

Mike Poore
10-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Hagerstown is a few miles from the strip, and on the same road, (US 40) just on the eastern end of town is The House of Kobe, a first class Japanese restaurant. They shut the doors at 9:30 but serve, until... There's regular tables, with fine authentic cuisine, or those hot plate tables where the chef puts on a show for groups seated around. We go there a lot, and since I spent a couple of years in Japan, can vouch for the quality. I have the card and number, and can call from Mason-Dixon and let 'em know how many are gonna make it, and what time. Such a plan! Then again, perhaps some of you guys don't eat bait.:D

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Hagerstown is a few miles from the strip, and on the same road, (US 40) just on the eastern end of town is The House of Kobe, a first class Japanese restaurant. They shut the doors at 9:30 but serve, until... There's regular tables, with fine authentic cuisine, or those hot plate tables where the chef puts on a show for groups seated around. We go there a lot, and since I spent a couple of years in Japan, can vouch for the quality. I have the card and number, and can call from Mason-Dixon and let 'em know how many are gonna make it, and what time. Such a plan! Then again, perhaps some of you guys don't eat bait.:D

Now I will HAVE to make it Mike...I love SUSHI! Plus, as you pointed out, If I have any leftovers, I can use them for Rockfishing on Sunday!!
P.S. What will they think when all these "Big American Cars" come rumbling into their parking lot??

Mike Poore
10-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah, But the owners make A LOT of noise when you hit them plastic cars!!!
I'm gonna try to make it on Saturday but I'll only be spectating. Hope I can be there to see everyone run some good numbers! .... Joe

Gulp, gosh Joe, I didn't know you were looking at this stuff. Hey! with 6 of us spectating, we could bring some instruments and do a few of your old songs.

My new Merauder does 165....
I lost my license, and now I dont drive
buyum bum bum
They say I'm crazy
but I have a good time...

:sing:

CRUZTAKER
10-22-2004, 06:47 AM
OK...I will be leaving this afternoon and predict it should take about 4.5 hours.

I will be staying at the Hampton Inn on RT. 40 across from the Steakhouse in Hagerstown.
I want to drive up to Chambersburg either this evening or Saturday morning for race fuel.

See you all Saturday!!!!

Hampton Inn 301-739-6100 Barry Glassner. I do not have a cell phone.

MAD-3R
10-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Ohh, this is Wicked Awsome...

Ok, my Bostonian moment has past.

Bluerauder
10-22-2004, 08:39 AM
OK...I will be leaving this afternoon and predict it should take about 4.5 hours.
I'll be leaving in the morning about 10:15 AM. It's a 90 minute trip so I should be at the Texas Steakhouse just before noon. Me and S.O.B. are looking forward to the Gathering of Eagles. :D

Who is going to make the final call on weather? And when?? :confused:

Charlie

Mike Poore
10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
It's 3:30 in Frederick, MD and the sun just came out! :sunshine: Good weather for tomorrow. :burnout: Way to go Merk, you get all the credit! :bows:

the fat bastid
10-22-2004, 06:39 PM
is the address for the track
21344 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713
?
thier site lists that as thier mailing address
but i'm not sure if thats the acutal track.

merc
10-22-2004, 06:55 PM
is the address for the track
21344 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713
?
thier site lists that as thier mailing address
but i'm not sure if thats the acutal track.

If you are coming from Washington DC or Baltimore get on Rt. 270 or Rt. 70 and head towards Frederick, Md.*Once at Frederick get on, or stay on, Rt. 70 west towards Hagerstown.* Follow Rt. 70 until you reach Rt. 66 (Exit 35).* Once at the bottom of the ramp turn onto Rt. 66 South,* go about 1/2 miles until you reach Rt. 40 (you will see a Sheetz convienance store at the intersection)* turn left (east) on Rt. 40 and go just another 1/2 mile, the Dragstrip entrance will be on your right.

If you are coming from Harrisburg or Martinsburg get on to Rt. 81 and follow it to Hagerstown, Md.,* when you get to Rt. 70 go east towards Frederick, Md.** Follow Rt. 70 to EXIT 32A (Rt. 40). Get off that exit and follow Rt. 40 east for exactly 3.7 miles.* The track entrance will be on your right side.

PS.... you will go by the same Sheetz Store that the directions above reference.

Sheetz Convenience Stores
(301) 797-5535
20723 National Pike
Boonsboro, MD 21713

So the answer to your question in short is yes.

CRUZTAKER
10-22-2004, 08:16 PM
WooHooo....:woohoo:

I'm here! Got the car fueled, tires changed, and car washed.
Had a nice dinner with Gordon and Chris, and now it's time to relax.
See you all tomorrow.

And Chris....the fog rolled in early at the corner of RT40 and Edgewood drive....sorry about that...just showing off as usual. :burnout:

I had to open the drivers door all the way back to the hotel as I couldn't see out the windshield! When I popped the trunk, it looked as though there was a fire in there. :D

merc
10-22-2004, 08:37 PM

See you all tomorrow.

And Chris....the fog rolled in early at the corner of RT40 and Edgewood drive....sorry about that...just showing off as usual. :burnout:

I had to open the drivers door all the way back to the hotel as I couldn't see out the windshield! When I popped the trunk, it looked as though there was a fire in there. :D

Glad to see you made the trip and look forward to seeing you and the group at lunch. :bandit:

Joe Walsh
10-22-2004, 08:52 PM

UH OHHH...Was someone's tire speed greatly exceeding the vehicles actual speed??? :nono: :D
(resulting in copious amounts of acrid, vaporized high performance radials)

Haggis
10-22-2004, 08:54 PM

See you all tomorrow.

Thanks Barry, *cough* *cough* as we turned the corner at the light I rolled down the window and the smoke was rolling out of the Explorer. *cough*

When you had pulled up next to us and Chris had rolled down the window so we could wave good-bye. I seen you had started to smoke them I quickly told her to roll up the window, good thing. *cough* *cough*. For awhile there I could not see your car nor the stop light. *cough*. Don't worry about a thing Barry, Chris says just wait till you get the cleaning bill to get the smell of "copius amounts of acrid, vaporized high performance radials" out of the Explorer. *laughter* *cough* *cough*

See you tomorrow at the restaurant Burn-out King. *cough* *cough*

Bluerauder
10-23-2004, 05:27 AM
See you tomorrow at the restaurant Burn-out King. *cough* *cough*
See all ya'll at noon .... Looking forward to a terrific day and matching some old screennames with new faces !!! :woohoo:

MarauderMark
10-23-2004, 05:42 AM
Going to clean the car and i'll be leaving soon.See you all!!:beer:

CRUZTAKER
10-23-2004, 06:32 AM
What a wonderfull morning I have just woke up to!

The weather is wonderfull. Gonna trot down to the lobby and get coffee and some grub....:P

I'll be out back of the Hampton Inn at the corner of RT.40 and Edgewood, across the highway from the Steakhouse, doing a little detailing this morning.

Remember there is a test and tune at the track 11-4 pm today. Those racing should get some runs in to familiarize with the tree.

Hi Jess and Gage! Wish you were here....:o

Joe Walsh
10-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Barry, be careful because I'd heard that there was some type of fire in that area last night...they had to close down an intersection because of all the SMOKE! :D

merc
10-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Well I just got back from the track and could not wait to post the results, but before I do I would like to thank everyone that showed up and made Marauder History. Ladies and Gentleman we finally got the respect that we deserve from the racing community. Below are some quotes from the announcers booth.

“ The Mercury Marauder in lane one with a dail in of 13.20. I think he has a Supercharge or something.
He was talking about CRUZTAKER's car.

“ One Corvette owner challenged Jet to produce a time sheet because he could not believe that a Marauder could run 12.2.
Lame Corvette owner.

“Man those Marauder are fast”
Track announcer

"Now as you know these Marauders are faster then they look".
Track announcer

In our 4-hour visit we started out as unknown commodities, but before days end everyone tasted the sting and that was evident by the Track announcers last comments. The lists of accolades were so long that I could not remember all the positive comments.
Team Mercury was not going to be denied, they came in numbers, they fought, and they kicked A$$. I am not going to steal the thunder, but I can tell you the after party and celebration is continuing as we speak. Although we didn't win all the prizes we sent a lot of cars home in the process.

Merc
Mad-3R
Tasha
Haggis
Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Bluerauder
Mike
The Fat Bastid

These are the racers, my friends and fellow Marauder.net members. What we did tonight will be apart of Marauder history.
I will let the others tell their story. Thanks again everyone one.

Winners were the Fat Bastid 1st place Stock Street $400 prize and trophy
Third place in Pure Street was Jet $100 prize and trophy
CRUZTAKER was awarded the Best Burnout and trophy

:banana2:

A special shout out goes to Mike Poore, Bluemaruder, and Haggis. They were first time runners and represented the Marauder community tonight. Let’s not forget Mad-3R, last year’s 1st place winner of Pure Street competition at the NVMC shootout. He is moving to Texas and is a valued C.AM. Member, he will be missed. Also I would like to thank the women racers of Team Mercury, Ladyhawk, Mad-3R Wife, and Mrs.Merc the camera lady. They were special indeed. Let's not forget the Team Mecury fans , Barb, John, Son of Bluerauder, Marianne, Rachel,and Joe Walsh.

Hey Markmarauder, you looked like a seasoned pro. Rev. Jet was making believers out of the Corvette and Mustang owners as he proclaimed the word. We had representation from every spectrum of Marauder production. Trilogy Motorsports, Reinhard Automotive, Kenny Brown, Modified and stock, they all came to play. It was a super event that was worth the price of admissions.

martyo
10-23-2004, 08:06 PM
^^^Now that's cool!!^^^

CRUZTAKER
10-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Damnit Merc....you live too close to the track! I figured I'd be the first to post.

First off, BIG KUDOS to Gavin on the first place beating the former 3 time winner in the '69 vette.

If only I had thought of hitting the brakes after I smoked the GT in round two and realized there was no longer a race and broke out anyway...:(

Barry was a race car driver...he drove it really fast...never did win no races...but he never did come in last...

Anyway....KUDOS to John for really aggrivating some vettes in the modified class.

And KUDOS to everyone that came and participated. We ALL really woke up the community around here, and that's what the Marauder needed to do. I'll be back folks, the people were cool, the planning was excellent, and the track was extremely good.

I am pleased to have set another personal best...on STREET TIRES! of all things. I just can't figure it. I firmly believe had I brought the MT slicks, I would have had an early xmas present....a taste of 12.:P

13.270 @ 102.28 on Pirrelli PZeros and 114 leaded fuel.

Joe Walsh
10-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Barry, It was nice to meet you. Loved the car and especially the 13.2s! Maybe you stumbled on a new drag tire secret...BALD PIRELLIS! :burnout: :D
I look forward to next time and being able to bring my reborn MM to the track again.
Sorry to all CAM members for the quick exit but we will see everyone next weekend.

P.S. Tasha; Marianne loved her "first drag race" Thanks!

mpearce
10-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Barry...Impressive indeed!! I wish I would have come...I could have brought your ET streets for you. Work always has me on the weekends. Nice work...sounds like you all had fun!

-Mat

martyo
10-23-2004, 10:26 PM
13.270 @ 102.28 on Pirrelli PZeros and 114 leaded fuel.

Barry: That is freaking awesome and incredibly fast for a portly N/A car. Man o Man!!!

Did you really run leaded fuel? Do you think you killed your cats???

JET
10-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Marty, when are bringing that thing up north?

The Fat Bastid Rules!

:D

martyo
10-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Marty, when are bringing that thing up north?

The Fat Bastid Rules!

:D

If all goes according to plan my car will be back at the end of November.

MarauderMark
10-24-2004, 05:51 AM
Folks it was truely a fun time at the track and mainly just being able to be with the marauder family!!(WE KIK A$$)!!!!!!!:banana: Fat bastard #1 !!!!!Jet came in 3rd and Cruztaker was the burnout king.. WTG Fellas!! it was really great to meet Jet and Cruztaker we all had a fun time hope to do this again sometime...:beer:

MarauderMark
10-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Heres a couple more...

Mike Poore
10-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Heres a couple more...
Mark, that picture with the MM lined up? It's like a scene from the Godfather. ;)

To all: We had the BEST time, from a social/fun standpoint, and although my ET was the slowest of the group, it was a trip down memory lane. I was a member of the Mason-Dixon Timing Assn, which was the group that got the dragway started in the early 60's. I was drafted into the Army in May of '62 and it was my first return visit, racing or otherwise in 42 years. I can't say when I've had a better time. Thanks Merc (my new best friend) for setting it up, and thanks to everyone for making it perfect. Sadly Joe Walsh couldn't stay for the Sushi eating contest, and poor Barry can't order a Martini in Japanese.

THE FAT BASTID RULES!!!!! :bows:

merc
10-24-2004, 10:38 AM
If anyone has any digital pictures please sent them to mwhite@ndf.org. I would like the full size pictures, I have unlimited mail space. These pictures will be added to the DVD of the event.

Thanks again everyone for the memories. Mike that was a great story I will add that to the DVD.

merc
10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey Jet I think the Corvette boys are talking about you.

http://www.nvcorvetteclub.com/mvnforum/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=802

Although this was a Northern Virginia Mustang Club event their message board was silent, Zero Post.

MarauderMark
10-24-2004, 11:42 AM
If anyone has any digital pictures please sent them to mwhite@ndf.org. I would like the full size pictures, I have unlimited mail space. These pictures will be added to the DVD of the event.

Thanks again everyone for the memories. Mike that was a great story I will add that to the DVD.

Merc The videos are in the mail and i will also post them on Cams site as well with a link so ya'll can watch what i have.

Again these warriors deserve a big congratulations !!! they represented our site and our cars very well i remember the anouncer in the booth saying "these mercurys are a big threat out here"!! beating vettes and stangs .the impression that was left there will be remembered@ that raceway.. this should be on it's own thread!!If i were gay i'd kiss you all.:puke: .
it was great being there with all of ya'll..

CONGRATULATIONS

WINNERS!!!

the fat bastid
10-24-2004, 01:22 PM
don't worry everyone, i'm here.
I got home around 2am and went right to sleep.

anyways, i'd like to say thanks to everyone for everything.

2 years ago if someone told me i was gonna be eating japaneese food in the middle of maryland after drag racing 3 hours from home i wouldnt have belived them. But there we where. Thanks to this car i've meet alot of new people i can call my friends, i've travelled all over the country, i have this board for info beyond reproach, i've had tons of fun and tons of food.

i didnt set out to win anything or show off the car. i went to hang out with a bunch of my friends. They stayed to watch me race and cheer me on. when i won it felt like we all did. this trophy isnt just for me, its for us all. thanks guys.

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2004, 02:09 PM
I made it home a few moments ago in one piece as well.

What a way to end the season!

Merc, I'll get my film developed tomorrow, scan them, and forward to your email.

Bluerauder
10-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Merc
Mad-3R
Tasha
Haggis
Ladyhawk
Jet
MarkMarauder
CRUZTAKER
Bluerauder
Mike
The Fat Bastid

These are the racers, my friends and fellow Marauder.net members. What we did tonight will be apart of Marauder history.
I will let the others tell their story. Thanks again everyone one.
Congratulations to the fat bastid, JET, and Cruztaker for bringing home the trophies !!! Great showing from all of the Marauder family at Mason-Dixon Dragway.

The day turned out much differently than I had anticipated. I had planned just to be a spectator … but was encouraged, cajoled and convinced to run. The capper was when the cars were being checked in and the guy asked “Is this beautiful car gonna race today?” Before I knew it, a big YES came out of my mouth. The rest is history – in the Stock Street class. My biggest fear was letting down the Marauder gang with a poor showing. Little did I know when I purchased my MM just over a year ago that I would be drag racing my daily driver. At age 54, this was my absolute first time to and on the track. What fun !!! :burnout:

Confessions of a First Time Racer.

1. I was really nervous on practice Run #1. So much so that the tree showed bright green for nearly a full second before the brain engaged the foot. R/T = .968. :(
2. Knowing where the 1/8 and ¼ markers are is important. On my first two practice runs, I got off the gas when I passed the timing boards. Unfortunately, they were several hundred feet before the ¼ mile panels. Duh !!! :rolleyes:
3. The run that was the most fun was being matched up against Mike Poore’s Silver ’04 MM in the first round of qualification. Here I had my best R/T = .135 and now knew where the race really ended. I had Mike off the line and never saw him for the rest of the trip. But I could definitely hear him hanging near my right rear quarter panel. At the 1/8 marker I had him 10.150@70.88 mph to 10.186@70.71mph. Unfortunately, the printer must have burped and we didn’t get a ¼ mile printout on the timeslip. :D
4. I was eliminated in the first round of actual racing. I was dialed in at 15.5 against a Mustang. I lost that round by a margin of only .0143. Really close; but no cigar. Now, I could sit down and watch the guys who really know what they were doing. :up:
5. All told, I made six runs. Best time was 15.557@81.75 mph in my 2nd run (must have come off the gas before the ¼ panel). Race time was 15.719@91.46 mph.
6. The S.O.B. (Son of Bluerauder) and I had a great time at the track.

Thanks Mark for setting this all up and getting the info out to all the CAMarauders. :rock:

merc
10-24-2004, 05:26 PM
This is some video still of The Fat Bastid winning run.

Bluerauder
10-24-2004, 05:31 PM
This is a video still of The Fat Bastid winning run.
You can't dial in any better than that. The Fat Bastid IS "Mr. Consistency".

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Barry: That is freaking awesome and incredibly fast for a portly N/A car. Man o Man!!!

Did you really run leaded fuel? Do you think you killed your cats???
Thanks Marty....and as far as the leaded fuel....I only use 3-4 gallons on top of 100 unleaded when I am gonna race serious. I have the same cats as you I believe. KOOKS.

The leaded fuel is hard on the O2 SENSORS as well....but I figure they are easily replaced, as well as calling Nick and getting new cats if needed. After all, we only have two now, rather than four.

It's not like I do it ALL THE TIME, but the few gallons over a season can't hurt too much.

Plus, the serious tune Lidio provided me requires a tad higher than 100, and let me tell you, you want to see your new hellboy really wake up? Toss in some 114 and hold on baby!

MAD-3R
10-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Me and mine got home safe Saturday night, Crashed, then got up early to go paintballing. My Monitor is DOA, or I would have posted sooner.

We had a great time, and couldn't have asked for a better last event! We made the event.

Our burnout King once again proved his total disregard for the enviroment, the pavement and our nostrals by taking home the best burn out trophie.

Jet scared the hell out of more then one Vette and pony with his 12 sec passes and taking 3rd in his class.

And The Fat Bastad. What more can be said. First in the Stock class! Way to go!!!

We are sorry we couldn't hang around the for the after race festivaties, but we are trying to cram alot into our last couple of weeks here in NoVa.

John F. Russo
10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
CRUZTAKER
I am surprised you can get "13.270 @ 102.28". The best I can do is 13.5 @100. I wonder why? What tires do you use?

2003 Dark Blue Pearl 300B (Canadian) w/Light Flint (reversed
traction control, mini spare, trunked 6 disc CD changer,
clock-in-the-radio, heated front seats/mirrors, hood light)
-Born 12/10/02; converted new then used 2/28/03
-26,000 miles
-18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph, one tank of gas
-Stock transmission upgraded with Performance Automatic
"Super Streeter" transmission version
-Wheel locks (Ford); godshead valve stem caps
-Badgeless front grille by “Zack”
-Zaino waxing; RainX; front Autobhanded
Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion (450 hp) Born
3/28/03 (first drove it)
-Vortech supercharger (5 to 7 psig boost)
-377 RWTQ
-Metco control arms
-4.10 gears
-14 in. BaerClaw front brakes, two piston, slotted rotors
-MMX Driveshaft
-Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3 Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3
-Ford Racing Stud and Girdle
-Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico (front 255/45ZR18 99Y; rear
255/50ZR18 102Y)
-Dead pedal
-FordChip
-3/4 of a coil from each front stock spring removed to produce
the “same” effect as an Eibach spring
-Ground clearance: 5 in.
______________________________ ___________________________
1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel (gone)

MAD-3R
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
He had on his nearly slick and bald, second hand perreli's.

CRUZTAKER
10-25-2004, 05:56 PM
CRUZTAKER
I am surprised you can get "13.270 @ 102.28". The best I can do is 13.5 @100. I wonder why? What tires do you use?
Same as you man.....on the rear only.

He had on his nearly slick and bald, second hand perreli's.

This is true....I was required to have street tires in the bracket I entered. I brought a set of Pirellis I enjoy for this type of racing. They are smooth as a babies bottom and hook like no tomorrow.

My daily drivers are OEM BFG's which I prefer for uninhibited street rice eating.:cool:

I prefer my Mickey Thompsons as they hook in any track condition and shave .34 off my 60 foot times and nearly .2 off my ET. BUT....when in competition with other drivers using the same tires, they typically have cars that run in the 11-12 second group. That leaves me in the dust basically as the only way to beat them is to have perfect RT's and dial in's which is something I am still working on personally.

My next move is a bottle. It will only be used when I am in this 'slick' catergory racing much faster cars. With a 150 shot I should be able to tangle with the 11-12 second cars.

MarauderMark
10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Don't feel bad .i was only going down the track doing 12.6's(4 passes) until that chill came in and as it seems the colder it gets the faster my car runs so i got knocked out the first round .but i was really trying to beat what was next to me rather than being consistant.it seemed more fun .so i have to practice that consistantly thing than vengance..:burn:

Haggis
10-26-2004, 05:14 AM
I would like to thank some of the people behind the scenes from last weekend.

First, I would like to thank Jessica and Gage for letting Barry come to Maryland even though they had not see him for more then a week.

Second, I would like to thank John's wife for letting him come down for the day. You should really come to more events, we're a fun group.

Third, I don't need to thank Gavin for coming down he has 400 good reasons he did. But, thanks anyway. :)

Fourth, I would like to thank Barb, John, Pam, Rachel and George for being our cheering section. I forgot to thank Joe Walsh and Marianne for showing up, too bad you left so early, Joe I was going to throw you the keys to see if you could tell me what was happening with the car.

I would also like to thank Mike and Barb for suggesting the restaurant after the racing was over. It was our first time at a Japanese Steakhouse and not our last. So what if Barry can't order a Martini in Japanese it seems they couldn't make one. :puke:

One last thing, Jessica even though I think my niece might have eyes for Barry and she sat next to him at the restaurant, don't worry she will only be 13 in December. ;)

Thanks also go out to evryone else who was there and made it a special night for me. And though it was my first time racing I now hopefully know what I need to do to make my car faster at the track.

One last thing, did any one get any pictures of me doing burn-outs at the track Saturday?

JET
10-26-2004, 07:07 AM
You forgot to thank Gavin's mommy for letting him come out and play

Haggis
10-26-2004, 07:29 AM
You forgot to thank Gavin's mommy for letting him come out and play

I'm sorry Gavin's Mom.

Also a BIG THANKS goes out to Gavin's Mom for letting him drive all the way down to Maryland for the day to spend with his friends.

John F. Russo
10-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Cruztaker
My daily drivers are OEM BFG's which I prefer for uninhibited street rice eating.:cool:

If you like Pirelli's (about $240 each), why don't you use them instead of the OEM BFG tires (about $100?)? Is it the cost?

Mike Poore
10-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Cruztaker

If you like Perelli's (about $240 each), why don't you use them instead of the OEM BFG tires (about $100?)? Is it the cost?Heck, I can answer that one John. The BFG's don't smoke as good/much as the Perelli's:rofl:
:burn:

CRUZTAKER
10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
If you like Pirelli's (about $240 each), why don't you use them instead of the OEM BFG tires (about $100?)? Is it the cost?
Heck, I can answer that one John. The BFG's don't smoke as good/much as the Pirelli's
That's about it....

Actually, it's more of a price thing for me. I could not simply replace the rears, but would have to do all four. Financially not conceivable. Also, I prefer the OEM two size thing visual effect. Just not quite comfortable with 4 same size tires yet.

I would have never known how well the Pirelli's were at the track had SGT-MAC not sent me a sent of used worn out p-zeros.

BTW: When you replace your rear tires....remember....my house is you garbage can!:P

Bluerauder
10-26-2004, 05:22 PM
One last thing, did any one get any pictures of me doing burn-outs at the track Saturday?
Gordon,
I didn't get any pics at all at the track. Seems that I was either running or staging all night and forgot my camera was in the console. :shake: George got some pics and videos of burnouts -- but he said all of them are the car with the black rims :D -- The Burnout King --- Barry/Cruztaker. Oops !!!

merc
10-28-2004, 11:44 AM
This is a message that was posted on the NVMC Website by the Co-Founder. I hope we all can make this an annual event for marauder.net.

Ok the 3rd NVMC Shoot Out is in the "Record Books", we had 53 Racers come out for the Annual Event, and the "Lights" were wonderful . The cooler temps made for a very fast night. We had some Exhibition runs from EB-3 Motorsports (10.5'" Outlaw car, and Mr. Mike Webb came out with his 87 Mustang GT and showed us a wild "Wheel Stand", pictures are coming.....
We spoke to Mr. Wachter and he again made it known that he loves the NVMC, that we respect the facility and we always makes it a FUN time for him, as you could tell during the commentory he provided during the evening.
I want to thank all the Sponsors for the opportunity to have the event , EB-3 Motorsports, Automotive Transmission Specialists, Caldwell Consultants, Performance By Jax, Affordable Mortgage, QRTR MLR Racing, Precision Auto Body and of course Mason Dixon Dragway for hosting the event.....
Thanks goes out to the Marauder Club, Corvette Club of America and the NVMC Members that attended the event and made it what it was

Stock Street Winners

1st Gavin Specter- Marauder Club
2nd Charlie Giess-Corvette Club of America
3rd Mike Garrett-Northern Virginia Mustang Club

Pure Street

1st Mike Meltzer-Corvette Club of America
2nd Glen Ford- Corvette Club of America
3rd John Taxin-Marauder Club

Extreme Street

1st Steve Fadely- Northern Virginia Mustang Club
2nd Mike Murphy-Northern Virginia Mustang Club
3rd Bill Applegate-Northern Virginia Mustang Club

Street Tire Bandit-Heads Up Class (PRO Tree)

1st "Nitrous" Nick Bernardo (EB-3)
2nd Dan Hoyler- Northern Virginia Mustang Club
3rd Erik Falk- Northern Virginia Mustang Club

Thank You All !!! NVMC Staff

Bluerauder
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
This is a message that was posted on the NVMC Website by the Co-Founder. I hope we all can make this an annual event for marauder.net.
Darn, no mention of the "huge" trophy that Cruztaker was awarded for Best Burnouts to round out the 3 Marauder winners. :(

CRUZTAKER
11-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I am not the quickest at getting pics developed and up on the site, but with being stuck at home and bored during this recovery process, I have got up to date.

Pics added to the gallery from this event and others.

This is my favorite though......:D

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/506/627Best_ET_10-04_Maryland.jpg

MarauderMark
11-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Great pics Cruz..Except the one with that fat guy in the middle.looks like he could'nt wait to eat. :D

merc
11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
I am not the quickest at getting pics developed and up on the site, but with being stuck at home and bored during this recovery process, I have got up to date.

Pics added to the gallery from this event and others.

This is my favorite though......:D

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/506/627Best_ET_10-04_Maryland.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Could you forward those pic's to mwhite@ndf.org. The oringnal fill size pictures would be great.