PDA

View Full Version : tranny #2 in 14 months, 11K miles on car total

chrish
10-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Any one know the LEMON law??????????

My SVT focas Had a brand new trans,clutch...etc....in may................now the same noises & a stop to the dealer indicates same problem........I drive the car like a baby.....................LEMON LAW????????

What to do........after warrenty....$4000 trans jobs every year or so is unrealistic.....

jgc61sr2002
10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't know the law in Teaxs, but you would qualify in NY IMO. I would consult a local attorney. Good luck.

chrish
10-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Does the lemon law give you a new car,money back or what????

Patrick
10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
My friend had a Svt Focus too. And the main prob was the clutch. Over and Over. Of course he dogged it!!! He tried to Get it Lemon Law. But he and the dealership reached an agreemant, He got a Ford contour in replacemant. Not Bad. Both parties were happy. Maybe that can work.

chrish
10-04-2004, 08:25 PM
My friend had a Svt Focus too. And the main prob was the clutch. Over and Over. Of course he dogged it!!! He tried to Get it Lemon Law. But he and the dealership reached an agreemant, He got a Ford contour in replacemant. Not Bad. Both parties were happy. Maybe that can work.
the svt focas came out after the contour went bye bye.......was it an SVT contour......I would'nt want another car...........

On my last trans change the black 4-door Svt focas that was on the showroom floor was in getting a new clutch & etc.........[no new trans though].....

When the changed the trans out I insisted on a new unit NOT re-manufactured......They gave me a new on strait from Germany.....

Patrick
10-04-2004, 08:31 PM
the svt focas came out after the contour went bye bye.......was it an SVT contour......I would'nt want another car...........

On my last trans change the black 4-door Svt focas that was on the showroom floor was in getting a new clutch & etc.........[no new trans though].....

When the changed the trans out I insisted on a new unit NOT re-manufactured......They gave me a new on strait from Germany.....

No just a contour. But the contour was in really ggod shape and like I said he dogged it and the trany was acting up. And he found a few ditches too. So he just said the hell with it and counted it as lose.

BillyGman
10-04-2004, 10:57 PM
The Lemon Law does NOT vary from state to state as far as I know, because it's a federal Law. It's my understanding that the car has to be brought in to the dealer a minimum of three times in a certain time frame for the same problem. I think that time frame is one year, but it might even be only 6 months. I do know it's a minimum of three times though. And my guess is that you would need to supply receipts for each time that you brought it in which is probably why many dealers will NOT give you a receipt for warantee work that you're not charged for. They don't want there to be any record of your visit if push comes to shove and you have to bring them to court. That's why it's a good practice to always demand a receipt for the warantee work that the dealer does.

The lemon law states that the dealer has to give you a replacement vehicle of equal value off of their lot. You would NOT be entitled to a refund at all.

Mike Poore
10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Any one know the LEMON law??????????

My SVT focas Had a brand new trans,clutch...etc....in may................now the same noises & a stop to the dealer indicates same problem........I drive the car like a baby.....................LEMON LAW????????

What to do........after warrenty....$4000 trans jobs every year or so is unrealistic.....
Hopefully they're giving you a car to drive while the repairs are being made. In MHO, lemon laws are nothing more than pi**ing contests that make no one happy, except, of course, the salaried arbitrator. Any good will you've built up with your dealer will suddnly vanish (such as availibility of loaner cars & such). Try to work with the dealer, and district sales rep, who, you can be assured, knows all about your situation. They want you to be happy and wish to sell you cars in the future. I say let 'em put in the third transmission, .... and start thinking about your next car.:twocents:

Patrick
10-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey Chris, Mike is right. My friend wanted to fight with the dealership. But we convinced him to just make this as right as can be. Dont get into P$#$sing contest. Just my 2 cents.

Logan
10-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Most trannies I've seen blown up are those who like to go WOT from overdrive.

Bradley G
10-05-2004, 06:41 PM
My understanding is Lemon Law is designed to protect consumers against Loss of use.If the car is orig owner, under 12 mo. & 12k mi. and you have had four repair attempts on the same symptom ie: hard starting, leaks,ect.Or it's has been out of service 30 or more consecutive business days. You can arbitrate with Ford (Mo. Co. not dealer agent) to replace or refund at Manufactures descresion.
Does the lemon law give you a new car,money back or what????

chrish
10-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Most trannies I've seen blown up are those who like to go WOT from overdrive.
I drive this car like I have driven all 4,5,&6 speed cars I have always driven.

with that said:
I on a regular basis go from 3 to 6 all the time... I also remove foot from throttle & take out of gear cluchless......
To me this is busines as usual on a stick shift..

when you say ?.without throttle FROM overdrive[gear-6-only?],are you refering to disingaging the gears without using the clutch ??? Please explane this possition you have taken... :help:

BillyGman
10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Logan has spoken about this before in other threads, and based on what he's stated, as well as what I've learned from him and Lidio about that, I believe he's talking about an automatic overdrive transmission such as the ones in our Marauders.

rayjay
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Chrish, if haven't already, go over to www.focaljet.com (http://www.focaljet.com) Lots of good info there on the various flavors of Foci, common problems, modding, ect.

rookie1
10-06-2004, 05:12 AM
when you say ?.without throttle FROM overdrive[gear-6-only?],are you refering to disingaging the gears without using the clutch ??? Please explane this possition you have taken... :help:

WOT is "wide open throttle" not "without throttle"