PDA

View Full Version : Ground Strap not Connected

Black 04
10-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Guys,
While cleaning my motor today I noticed that one end of my ground strap wasn't connected. I had to squeeze my hand behind the motor and tighten it up. :bigcry: Just wanted to pass it along to warn any one else who may have this problem.

The strap is on the pass side next to the transmission dip stick, one end was tight on the fire wall and the other side was just hanging.

CRUZTAKER
10-08-2004, 05:24 PM
I can't believe strapless marauders are still being found.:P

Yes, this (block ground strap) is something for all new owners should check for.

Black 04
10-08-2004, 05:41 PM
What harm could this have done not connected??

David Morton
10-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Not suprised that this particular strap could be off entirely and not pose any adverse symptoms. It is basically redundant. There is a battery ground to the block and a battery ground to the body, so grounding the block to the body is seemingly unnecessary. It does however provide a bit of insurance should the batt-to body ground develop resistance or become intermittent. I'm a big fan of good ground strategy. Many good electronic parts get changed because of bad grounds.

Uh-oh, here I go. (music) Let's do the "Tighten up". :banana:

hitchhiker
10-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Not suprised that this particular strap could be off entirely and not pose any adverse symptoms. It is basically redundant. There is a battery ground to the block and a battery ground to the body, so grounding the block to the body is seemingly unnecessary. It does however provide a bit of insurance should the batt-to body ground develop resistance or become intermittent. I'm a big fan of good ground strategy. Many good electronic parts get changed because of bad grounds.

Especially from my radio experience I can definately say that you can never have too good of a ground!

Best Regards,

David

Blue03
10-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I got a charge out of this one! Just another example of the well grounded advice provided on this site!!! :)
Cheers

Bluerauder
10-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Whatever happened to Archie Bell and the Drells?? Two hits and outta here.