PDA

View Full Version : Nemechek holds off Rudd for Kansas sweep!!!!!!

Long Live #3
10-12-2004, 07:31 AM
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/10/bc.car.nascar.kansas.ap/index.html

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- Joe Nemechek completed a weekend sweep Sunday, holding off a charging Ricky Rudd to win the Banquet 400 at Kansas Speedway.

This one was almost as close as his half car-length victory over Greg Biffle in the Busch Series event Saturday, with Nemechek and Rudd racing side-by-side and bumping once with a lap to go before Nemechek took control again and beat Rudd to the finish by 0.081 seconds -- about 1.5 car-lengths.

Bluerauder
10-12-2004, 08:15 AM
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- Joe Nemechek completed a weekend sweep Sunday, holding off a charging Ricky Rudd to win the Banquet 400 at Kansas Speedway.
That was definitely a good finish with 5 laps to go. I was kinda hoping for a Ricky Rudd win -- it has been awhile. Looks like the #21 showed his hand a little early and just couldn't get past Nemechek although he did get next to him quite a bit. Ricky got loose every time he tried to pass and eventually settled in for 2nd place to avoid wrecking the both of them.

Long Live #3
10-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Check this out; Joe Nemecheck: Army, Ricky Rudd: Air Force, and Greg Biffle: National Guard. That's a 1-2-3 finish for the armed forces.

merc
10-12-2004, 09:18 AM
and where was Dale Jr..... :flamer:

Bluerauder
10-12-2004, 09:23 AM
and where was Dale Jr..... :flamer:
H#!!, S4!t if I know.............. :rofl:

I think he finished around 7th or 8th. He and the #88 were battling for position at the end of the race.