PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Gto

jgc61sr2002
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
2005 Pontiac GTO will have a 6-liter engine producing 400 HP. The have also changed the exhaust system where the exhaust pipes exit from both sides with polished tips. They offer optional functional hood air scoops.The brakes are improved and the calipers are painted red. Will go on sale late this year or early next. IMO the are having trouble selling the 2004's and will even have a harder time since the 2005 was announced with several refinements.

ADE 1000
10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
I drove a 2003 6-speed last week and I was very impressed with the way it felt. Despite the steering being a little vague, the handling is tight and the powertrain is excellent. The exhaust note is also impressive and the interior is well done. With the 6.0L LS2 under the hood it would be an even better car.

Now if they could only do something about the way it looked. :depress:

RCSignals
10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
They actually made announcement of improvements for the 2005 before the 2004 even came out!

An optional hood with scoops has been made available for the 2004 in an attempt to boost sales.
I suspect smart buyers are just waiting for the 2005.

BillyGman
10-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I drove a 2003 6-speed last week and I was very impressed with the way it felt. Despite the steering being a little vague, the handling is tight and the powertrain is excellent. The exhaust note is also impressive and the interior is well done. With the 6.0L LS2 under the hood it would be an even better car.

Now if they could only do something about the way it looked. :depress:
I agree completely. U wouldn't catch me in one of those jellybeans w/wheels unless I had been hitchhiking.

Silver_04
10-17-2004, 07:16 AM
At least Ponitac/GM is doing something to address slow sales. Unlike Mercury which chose to decontent Marauders to cut costs on the slow selling Marauder, the GTO gets content to boost sales. And the seats in the GTO are oh so comfy.

Vortex
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
After owning both I have to disagree, the GTO seats have more side bolstering but the MM seats are much nicer for everyday use, and the leather is much softer.

duhtroll
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
I also have driven a GTO a couple times. They are not much faster than my stage I MM by the butt-o-meter, and the MM is just so much more car in looks and attitude, it's not even a contest.

The GTO was the car I had been waiting for when I first heard about it. As soon as I saw it I began test driving MMs.

-A

2005Marauder
10-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I guess I'll never get to quit reminding everyone that often the purpose of a specialty car like the MM, GTO, or Cobra, is not to sell millions of them but to draw attention and increase floor traffic.
Sales results proved this to be true with the MM as the GM was the only Mercury car to see a sales increase in 2003. A Dealer just wants to get you into the show room to buy anything that's in stock.
I had many reports in 2002 that salesmen tried to steer them to another car when they came to look at the MM.

Haggis
10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
The GTO was the car I had been waiting for when I first heard about it. As soon as I saw it I began test driving MMs.

-A

I agree, but when I saw a picture of what they are calling a gto.... :eek: :puke: :mad2: :censor: :bigcry: :down: :hotrice: ...easier said and A picture is worth a thousand words.

HotrodMerc
10-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Agree on unfortunate looks of the new "Goat". Reminds me of the Gen. Mtrs. "envelope" cars of mid '70's. Sure doesn't inspire like the '65-67 GTO's, though will run, handle and stop better.

RCSignals
10-28-2004, 11:52 PM
At least Ponitac/GM is doing something to address slow sales. Unlike Mercury which chose to decontent Marauders to cut costs on the slow selling Marauder, the GTO gets content to boost sales. And the seats in the GTO are oh so comfy.

Uh, no, the Marauder wasn't decontented because of slow sales. Ford decontented pretty much it's entire line to get spending and costs under control.

GTO has added optional extra cost to the buyer content to try to boost sales of the 2004

2003 MIB
10-29-2004, 06:07 AM
After owning both I have to disagree, the GTO seats have more side bolstering but the MM seats are much nicer for everyday use, and the leather is much softer.
It might be worthy of mentioning that Vortex is a big guy (as are most of the Marauder owners I know). I'm 5'10" and 200lbs.- normal for the population but petite by Marauder standards. I think the GTO seats fit like a glove- I haven't had a significant amount of seat time in the Pontiac but that's my intial impression. I also think it is the best interior I've EVER seen in a GM car but the leather is better in the Mercury.

Mike Poore
10-29-2004, 06:24 AM
I guess I'll never get to quit reminding everyone that often the purpose of a specialty car like the MM, GTO, or Cobra, is not to sell millions of them but to draw attention and increase floor traffic.
Sales results proved this to be true with the MM as the GM was the only Mercury car to see a sales increase in 2003. A Dealer just wants to get you into the show room to buy anything that's in stock.
I had many reports in 2002 that salesmen tried to steer them to another car when they came to look at the MM2004 DTR Marauder/Previous 2003 Black Marauder/Future 2005 SVT Factory Supercharged Marauder .
2005 SVT Factory Supercharged Marauder????? Do you know a secret?;)

Bradley G
10-29-2004, 06:32 AM
No SVT's till '07 If you want an 07 SVT Ford is going to give(Ford) Red Carpet Lease custies first dibs on these vehicles. A 30 month lease takes you out till the 07's are ready.
2005 SVT Factory Supercharged Marauder????? Do you know a secret?;)

Constable
10-29-2004, 10:54 AM
A bit off topic, but have you guys seen this commercial?? I thought it was pretty good: http://www.pontiac.com/gto/images/redlight_256.wmv