PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe NO more ...

the_pack_rat
10-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Did @ 2100 miles of driving this past 48 hours ...

And I am a no longer a DTR "wannabe" - but an owner !.

:beer:

Got exactly what I wanted ... the dark charcoal w/ALL the options. It's a new 04(had 66 miles when I picked it up) ... one of the later builds(691***) .... guessing late May or Early June. I searched & located it on my own using mercuryvehicles.com & found it at King Lincoln Mercury in Gaithersburg MD(close to DC).

Saw a couple MM out there on the road during my trek. One was a NC car(black) that I spotted in NC on I95 north ... & they went all the way up I95 almost to DC/Maryland IIRC. This was Friday evening 8-9 PM on-ward.

Yesterday ... I think it was around dinner time, saw another black one heading north on what I think was the Richmond VA I295 north spur(sorry been a LONG two days).

BTW ... is the owner of a # 7 Kenny Brown MM a member here ?. We now share the same salesman.

Eric

jgc61sr2002
10-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Congrats and good luck with the purchase of your DTR Marauder. :D :up:

SouLRioT
10-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear you picked one up finaly. Hope you can make it to a meet in the near future.

Patrick
10-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Very Nice. I got to finally see a DTR yesterday sweet!!!

Bluerauder
10-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Saw a couple MM out there on the road during my trek. One was a NC car(black) that I spotted in NC on I95 north ... & they went all the way up I95 almost to DC/Maryland IIRC. This was Friday evening 8-9 PM on-ward. Eric
Eric,
Congrats on your new DTR. Now get a little rest .... :D
Your trip took you within 3 miles of me; but my Blue was tucked in for the night before 8 PM, Friday. :o

carfixer
10-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Congratulations Eric, I've been watching you dream about a DTR for a while now. Glad to hear you finally got one. It's hard to resist the temptation. When I bought mine, I didn't want a car payment. After seeing it on the showroom, I could hear it calling my name. Even in my sleep! I've had no buyers remorse at all. I've loved every minute of ownership and I'm sure you will too. PM me if you ever need any help with your new car.

Cobra25
10-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Good luck with your new Marauder Eric, This Friday we have our monthly meet, why not come and join us.10-22-04 Tower Shop's in Davie Fl.

the_pack_rat
10-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes.

Unfortunately I have plans for the 22'nd already. One of these days I will get around to a meet ... been meaning to do that even if I didn't buy a MM yet.

Another thing I've been procrastinating on is, finding a detailer down this way ... that REALLY knows his stuff with a buffer. There is a local guy I have a card for ... but don't know much about him. I'd love to have some good REAL LIFE 411 from those that take pride in their rides as most seem to do here. Been needing a good swirl remove buff on the Toro - the TC & now the MM. The 4-5 months the MM sat on the lot, resulted in a small ding in the RR door that someone must have used something a bit abrasive on. Whatever paint rubbed off the door of the offending car, couldn't have amounted to anything larger the size of an eraser at the end of a pencil, but whomever screwed w/it ... managed to effect an area in the door almost the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper :hmmm: :rolleyes: :hmmm:. There are some other swirl marks here & there as well.

Enjoyin this car more than I ever imagined & I was already in love.

Claude, is that a mild tint on your windows - 50% perhaps ?. Ever do any spoiler installs ?.

Eric

teamrope
10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Congrats Pack Rat! I know it's been a long time coming.

The DTR is my favorite color. (I just wish I could find a blue to trade my black for, then I could trade cars with Mrs TR. She settled with the DTR sence she couldn't find a new blue.) :D

Haggis
10-18-2004, 03:31 AM
BTW ... is the owner of a # 7 Kenny Brown MM a member here ?. We now share the same salesman.

Eric

I don't know where #7 is but #8 was purchased through King L/M in Gaithersburg. So you met David Laycock did you, nice fellow.

If you were coming up you should have said something and we could have hooked up. I am sure we could have gotten some of the other CAM members to show uo also. Oh well, good luck with you new car and keep Maraudering.

martyo
10-18-2004, 03:45 AM
Cool! Enjoy!!!

mdmarauder
10-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Yep...I think that's the one I saw when I bought my Silver '04 there. Enjoy :coolman:

RoyLPita
10-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Congrats and enjoy!!