PDA

View Full Version : Think your TV has a lot of features?

Embassy
10-18-2004, 01:11 PM
This (http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-10-18-tv-signal_x.htm) guy's TV can top your's. :cool4:

Firedab
10-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Figures, they find it and then threaten him with a 10,000 dollar fine!! Our government at work. They should call the manufacture instead and bother them, he's not the one who built the stupid thing!

FiveO
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
If I had a TV like that I'd take it to my ex wifes house...plug it in and call the police and report a theft!

;) :D

Bluerauder
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
This (http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-10-18-tv-signal_x.htm) guy's TV can top your's. :cool4:
Television is designed and built as a "receiver". What is doing the transmitting of the emergency distress signal? :confused:

dwasson
10-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm waiting on next years model from Toshiba with the "everyone on screen gets naked" button.

TripleTransAm
10-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Television is designed and built as a "receiver". What is doing the transmitting of the emergency distress signal? :confused:

Maybe the owner had an upcoming Britney Spears concert programmed on the TIVO? It was either the distress signal or ritual suicide...

Bluerauder
10-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Maybe the owner had an upcoming Britney Spears concert programmed on the TIVO? It was either the distress signal or ritual suicide...
Yeah, I guess that applies to alot of the current programming ... the distress signal seems appropriate and necessary. :rofl:

Silver_04
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM

It's just electronic noise, just like if you can hear your engine interfere with AM stations sometimes. You wouldn't believe the measures taken to keep electronic signals from interfering with your car stero and the steps we take to keep your radio from emitting electronic trash so it doesn't mess with your cell phone or whatever. Had this tv gone to the FCC for compliance testing, it would have failed big time. Sounds like an inherent design flaw in the tv that added up just right on this particular unit to emit a signal powerful enough to be picked up by a satellite.