PDA

View Full Version : SW Florida Window Tinting & Rear View Mirror

the_pack_rat
10-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Never had a pro tint job on any of my cars & looking to do the new MM - the TC & probably my other cars down the road.

Based on what I have read here ... I don't see myself going wrong with FormulaOnes' Ultimate line or Llumars' HP ATR line in charcoal.

I've seen the finished product of the Llumars' guy, on a neighbors car & was quite pleased. However, This guy only stocks 30 & 15% & I really want something more along the lines of 35-40%. He says he can't just buy a small amout of 35-40% - he would have to buy a pretty sizeable roll & probably would never use it again. Bottom line - if I use him, I can only go with 15 or 30%.

So with that said ... I'm leaning towards FormulaOne as I can get 38%. Anyone ever use Razor Sharp tinting in Venice ? - they are the closest FormulaOne dealer to me.

On the rear view mirror assembly where it attaches to the windshield ... I see (2) small cutouts on the left & right of the bracket that slips over the mounting pad(part glued to the winshield). Does one just insert a small screwdriver into one/both? of these, to release some sort of tab that will allow the mirror to come of ?(I rememeber when most mirrors were held on by using a small set screw w/an allens head). If this is something I can do myself ... I'd prefer to do just that when I get the tint done(having a small strip done along the top of the windshield). Less opportunity for something to get messed up IMHO. Yea I know ... don't forget to disco the mirror harness or the mirror just be dangling there ;).

TIA

Eric

tmac1337
10-18-2004, 03:33 PM
If I were you I would go with a lower percentage than 38. The law is 28% fronts and 15% rears in Florida. I have limo tint on my rear windows and 15 on the front and the car looks great. If I were you I would go 15 on all the rears and 30 on the front.

Cobra25
10-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I used Brians Tinting & Security Laminating in Hollywood Fl. I used Llumar 28 % all around and it looks nice. If you have any questions give John Marshall a call at 954-964-3955.

SouLRioT
10-18-2004, 06:05 PM
I have the same as cobra25 with 28% llumar all-a-round.

Marauder386
10-18-2004, 07:44 PM
I just recently got 35% all around on my second addition to the family...looks good and its Llumar with a great warranty and stuff. I have no complaints up here in Sowth Kackalackie.... :cool:

M386