PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang Arrives in Chicagoland!

SergntMac
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
My local Ford dealership got their three 2005 Mustangs today, and I stopped by to peek. FOB, still in wrapping, took them 30 seconds to levy a "special pricing due to rarity" window sticker.

One silver GT, 6 speed, 4.6 3V engine...Very nice car, I like it a lot. 26K and change on the window sticker, and another 5K on top of that. Also a black GT, and a Wedgewood-ish blue coupe, 6 cylinder/auto. (3K tacked on to that 24 K sticker). Sadly, someone will pay this, but I'll stop back next March, thank you.

SHERIFF
10-20-2004, 03:09 PM
The practice should be outlawed, IMHO. :)

Racerx88
10-20-2004, 03:15 PM
I agree. Any dealer that does that, any car, any make, should have their franchise pulled by the manufacturer.
:censor: :censor: :censor:

glassman99
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
I have seen one here at a North Georgia dealer displayed at sticker. What gives in Chicago? They are good look'in but not worth a premium.

FiveO
10-20-2004, 03:18 PM
If people stopped paying the prices.....it would stop because they couldn't sell them.

If people will pay it....they'll continue to raise the price.

Like SergntMac said....wait a few months.

BruteForce
10-20-2004, 03:22 PM
some peebles gots more money than sense.

SouLRioT
10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Perfect time to get an 2004. They should be discounting them like crazy now. Ofcourse its not the same look as the 05's.

MMM2003
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
My local Ford dealership got their three 2005 Mustangs today, and I stopped by to peek. FOB, still in wrapping, took them 30 seconds to levy a "special pricing due to rarity" window sticker.

I don't like the looks of the '05 'Stang as much. Just personal preference I guess. But I wouldn't mind having of these:
:D
There is more info here (http://www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/)

CRUZTAKER
10-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Hope Jess doesn't see this....but I want one....:rolleyes:

captJ696
10-20-2004, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=SHERIFF]The practice should be outlawed, IMHO.

Honestly..what he ^^^^^^said :rolleyes:

Logan
10-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Fellow at work just got a black GT with red interior. Uninspired would be my thinking on it. I found myself saying....Whoop-dee-doo...

stevengerard
10-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I would seriously think about the next SVT Cobra, 'course I think of a Viper and a Ford GT often too, doesn't mean I'll get one anytime soon. I really like the new Stangs.

SHERIFF
10-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Maybe a green one would make you rethink your position, Logan? :)

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/a4/bd/2c_12_sb.JPG

SHERIFF
10-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Black............

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/gt2005.jpg

SergntMac
10-20-2004, 05:59 PM
And...While I'm there checking out this silver 2005 Mustang GT, one of those daper (and overcologned, overly-silk scarfed kinda dudes wearing a longrider style dusty, who can smell a mom {who tend to carshop on weekday afternoons while the kids are in school a mile away} says...

"Yeow...nice Crown Vic!"
(pause)
"Thank you."
(pause)
"Your's?"
"Yes, I own it, clear title."
(pause)
"Really...I can do something for you here, with (add over the shoulder nod) that in trade."
(pause)
"Yes, you can, if you can tickle numbers..."
(pause)
"I can tickle like you never been tickled..."
(long pause because ACK, c'mon dude get real, I'm not a mom, K?)
"Let me try...My manager is watching."
(pause)
"Ummm...K...But, let me tell you what them numbers need to be?"
(not a pause, but a long look to me, it, mine, his, ours, and them, then "K..."
(no pause)
"I'll take this here GT, and that there F-150, in a even up trade, K? Got it?"
(Long, and dramatic pause, kick your toe in the sand kinda pause, like you're fixin to kiss your first girlfriend ever pause...)
"Ummm...I can't, I don't..."
"Get it. You don't get it. My "Crown Vic" I mean...'Cause it's not a Crown Vic, it's a Marauder and you don't know what that is, right?"
"mar rude deer?"
"1
Neverrmind dude."

Salesmen...They come in all sizes, shapes and styles, and they are just salesmen...Go figure? Like I said, maybe next March?

SHERIFF
10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Do you suppose by day's end he ever found out what a "mar rude deer" actually is? :)

Bigdogjim
10-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Mac: No fair beating up the idots:) :lol:

Too easy:) Come to New Jersey we got for discount already.

Going to take a test drive on Thursday. (if i can get in it) :):):)

SergntMac
10-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Do you suppose by day's end he ever found out what a "mar rude deer" actually is? :)
Nope...Because I'm not a mom.

Patrick
10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't like the looks of the '05 'Stang as much. Just personal preference I guess. But I wouldn't mind having of these:
There is more info here (http://www.brothersperformance.com/newsletter/MustangGTR/)

:high5: :high5: :high5:

RoyLPita
10-21-2004, 07:29 AM

One silver GT, 6 speed, 4.6 3V engine...Very nice car, I like it a lot. 26K and change on the window sticker, and another 5K on top of that. Also a black GT, and a Wedgewood-ish blue coupe, 6 cylinder/auto. (3K tacked on to that 24 K sticker). Sadly, someone will pay this, but I'll stop back next March, thank you.

6-speed? Must be a special package in Chicagoland.

maraudernkc
10-21-2004, 07:49 AM
I drove one Sunday they are nice but they need a blower to really make them nice.

bigslim
10-21-2004, 08:55 AM
I drove one Sunday they are nice but they need a blower to really make them nice.
Trilogy will have one for the Mustang real soon.

SergntMac
10-21-2004, 08:56 AM
6-speed? Must be a special package in Chicagoland.
Typo...Anything else, Royal?

jparrie
10-21-2004, 09:28 AM

I really like the looks from the outside, and even the dash design inside.

But the overall quality of the interior just SCREAMS "CHEAP"!! Reminds me of sitting in a plastic box.

I guess it'll create a nice place in the aftermarket for upgrades.

BK_GrandMarquis
10-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I would seriously think about the next SVT Cobra, 'course I think of a Viper and a Ford GT often too, doesn't mean I'll get one anytime soon. I really like the new Stangs.How about this one?

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

From Car and Driver Magazine:

Sweet Stang

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Roush to put their mark on the '05 Ford MustangNovember 2004

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
It didn't take long for Jack Roush's engineers and designers to put their mark on the barely-for-sale '05 Ford Mustang. Roush will begin building its version of the Mustang before the end of this year. Initial cars will sport either cosmetic modifications, called Stage 1, or the more extensive Stage 2, which adds chassis modifications. Early next year, Roush will introduce its Stage 3 package, which will add a supercharger to the Stage 2 kit. That mechanical tweak is expected to boost output from 300 horses on the GT model to more than 400.

<!--
--><!-- advertisement 1 -->

THE_INTERCEPTOR
10-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Black............

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/843/gt2005.jpg

MAN THAT'S SEXY!! :bows:

2003 MIB
10-21-2004, 11:51 AM
I found myself saying....Whoop-dee-doo...
...spoken like a dedicated Taurus owner...

hehehehehehehehehe

Matt Johnson
10-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I actually really like the new style of the Mustang, inside and out...

In fact, I think it's the most inspired thing that's come out of FoMoCo in a long time. (I can't count the FORD GT because that's a car nobody can afford). I don't think anything about the new Mustang says 'cheap' any louder than anything else Ford has produced in the last 10 years, including the MM. I mean, has anyone looked around the interior of their stock MM lately? Not exactly 'high end' material and/or design.

I bet the new Mustangs will sell like hotcakes - at least until the engine or transmission starts failing. Looks and nostalgia alone, coupled with a marketing scheme that involves a dead movie star (the McQueen commericals) will generate big time sales for this car, imo.

If the same kind of attention to detail, styling and performance had been paid to the MM, we'd all have much more car for the money. (At least maybe we could have received better seats, a real sports steering wheel and some true 'non-dummy' guages.)

I wouldn't pay a 'premium' for the GT and I agree with those who suggest dealers be b@*#h-slapped for raising the sticker, but I'll put a deposit down for the Cobra which is due out in '06 as an '06 model year, according to the salesman I spoke to.

Best of all, at 6'4", I can finally fit into a Mustang...

RoyLPita
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Typo...Anything else, Royal?

Mac,
I hope for a misbuilt car like that. It would work in one's favor. Where I work, we have a base pkg T-bird with a hard top. It isn't listed on the sticker. FREE hardtop package.

Just my .02 and then some.

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 05:35 PM

The Buick Dealer tried that on a 1986 Grand National....Sticker said "ADP" $5,000...I asked what "ADP" was, and after a long pause was told "Additional Dealer Profit"...I said "NO THANKS" and walked.
They (unscrupulous dealers) got away with it on the Grand National, Miata, ZR1 Vette, etc.
Every sucker who 'HAD TO HAVE ONE' got ***** and everyone who waited until mid-year/next year got a deal.
The practice will continue because "There's one born every minute"

SHERIFF
10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Every sucker who 'HAD TO HAVE ONE' got ***** and everyone who waited until mid-year/next year got a deal.
The exact same thing happened in the case of the 2003 Marauder. :)

jgc61sr2002
10-21-2004, 06:24 PM
The Buick Dealer tried that on a 1986 Grand National....Sticker said "ADP" $5,000...I asked what "ADP" was, and after a long pause was told "Additional Dealer Profit"...I said "NO THANKS" and walked.
They (unscrupulous dealers) got away with it on the Grand National, Miata, ZR1 Vette, etc.

The new terminolgy in this area is Fair Market Value (above sticker price). The Mercury dealers tried it with the MM and had little success. Pontiac dealers tried it with the 2004 GTO and couldn't sell them. :D

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
The new terminolgy in this area is Fair Market Value (above sticker price). The Mercury dealers tried it with the MM and had little success. Pontiac dealers tried it with the 2004 GTO and couldn't sell them. :D

What REALLY amazes me is that for a while Honda was getting away with 'Fair Market Value' additions to the ODYSSEY....How many Soccer Moms got the shaft from Honda because of "tight supply" on the "GOTTA HAVE IT" Odyssey!! PLLLLLLLEASE!!! :puke:

chrish
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I agree. Any dealer that does that, any car, any make, should have their franchise pulled by the manufacturer.
:censor: :censor: :censor:

What about the FORD GT ?

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 07:38 PM
What about the FORD GT ?

True, but when you have 150 large to lay out on a car what's another 5-10 grand???

SergntMac
10-21-2004, 07:40 PM
The exact same thing happened in the case of the 2003 Marauder.
I agree. The end "financial" effect is exactly how it played out. However, how they (L/M) played us was much different, and it blindsided us early MM buyers. Pump up the factory sticker (not a dealer add-on) by 5 large, and follow that with offers of deep discounts and "rebates," just to move the car into the mainstream market alongside all others American cars also deeply discounted and rebating.

I paid full sticker for my first MM, and because of that sticker price, I also paid a local luxury car tax, only to sit back and watch thousands more after me, save themselves up to 4K in rebates, and enjoy zero percent financing.

Ack...AckAckAck...It's all history now, WTF you gonna do...

chrish
10-21-2004, 07:41 PM
True, but when you have 150 large to lay out on a car what's another 5-10 grand???

It's all relative Joe, they tack on 75-100 large .......O'ya and get it??????????? :mad2:

jspradii
10-21-2004, 07:53 PM
What about the FORD GT ?
Well, Wray Ford here in the Ark-La-Tex tells me they're going to get one (1) GT, and the bidding wars have the MSRP'd price of $139,995 up to $200,000. I might pay $139,995 for it, but $200K? Not on your life.

Joe Walsh
10-21-2004, 07:58 PM
It's all relative Joe, they tack on 75-100 large .......O'ya and get it??????????? :mad2:

Maybe that's why only Jay Leno and the 'Microsoft Guy' have coughed up the Fair Market Price for a Ford GT.....
Of course your other choices to go that fast are the $445,000 V10 Porche or the bargain basement $750,000 Ferrari Enzo (****LY I might add)

04MEMA
10-21-2004, 08:14 PM
The Stang looks good from the front but they missed it on the back. I think they did this on purpose. Like they had a plan and changed the side windows and rear to a more Ford jelly bean approach. The plan is to change it gradually over the next 5 years into what the original intent was. If you you look at the previous version, this plan is believable. It kept getting better looking every year. It's a marketing ploy. Anyway, time will tell. The new motor's pretty strong. Drove one a few weeks ago and it got sideways on a turn in a heartbeat - maybe half throttle in an automatic GT. The interior is a million times better than the old ultra cheap one. I drove last years SVT and was offended by the lack of money spent - it had a head light switch that was a dead ringer for my '77 stangs! How cheap and dull that interior was to these eyes. :twocents: - not my opinion - that was the interior budget! :rofl: The last mustang dash I liked was in 1986. And finally who wants to bet on them "shelving" the new Cobra? I sure hope it doesn't happen, but then again, it does appear that the bean counters are running the company, at least when it comes to performance. Who knows maybe it's the lawyers who are winning or the EPA? Oh well, at least we've got our Maruaders!! :banana:

jgc61sr2002
10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree. The end "financial" effect is exactly how it played out. However, how they (L/M) played us was much different, and it blindsided us early MM buyers. Pump up the factory sticker (not a dealer add-on) by 5 large, and follow that with offers of deep discounts and "rebates," just to move the car into the mainstream market alongside all others American cars also deeply discounted and rebating.

I paid full sticker for my first MM, and because of that sticker price, I also paid a local luxury car tax, only to sit back and watch thousands more after me, save themselves up to 4K in rebates, and enjoy zero percent financing.

Ack...AckAckAck...It's all history now, WTF you gonna do...

Sarge - You could have gotten 0 % financing in lieu of rebates. It was one or the other.

Mike Poore
10-22-2004, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=SergntMac]FOB, still in wrapping, took them 30 seconds to levy a "special pricing due to rarity" window sticker. QUOTE]

A local dealer we've bought maybe ten cars from in five or six years, put us in a "drawing" with five other customers to pay a $6K premium on the newly re-introduced T-Bird. We never bought another car from that dealer. So, he made an extra 12K on the two cars he sold, and it cost him a lifetime loss of a returning customer family. Ray, I'm curious to hear the other side of this issue, if you're interested in sharing your thoughts.

michael ward
10-22-2004, 06:09 AM

One silver GT, 6 speed, 4.6 3V engine...Very nice car, I like it a lot. 26K and change on the window sticker, and another 5K on top of that. Also a black GT, and a Wedgewood-ish blue coupe, 6 cylinder/auto. (3K tacked on to that 24 K sticker). Sadly, someone will pay this, but I'll stop back next March, thank you. you must be talking about the 3 stangs at mcCarthy ford at 114th and pulaski rd chgo il... I stoped by to see them also very nice .. three of my friends called me yesterday to tell me about them . :banana2: the price markup really bites they ruined t bird sales by doing this but there is always someone who has to have it now :burnout: and they will get their price :mad:

Patrick
10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE=SergntMac]FOB, still in wrapping, took them 30 seconds to levy a "special pricing due to rarity" window sticker. QUOTE]

A local dealer we've bought maybe ten cars from in five or six years, put us in a "drawing" with five other customers to pay a $6K premium on the newly re-introduced T-Bird. We never bought another car from that dealer. So, he made an extra 12K on the two cars he sold, and it cost him a lifetime loss of a returning customer family. Ray, I'm curious to hear the other side of this issue, if you're interested in sharing your thoughts.

I might be missing something here. Pay $6,000 to get INTO a chance to buy the new T-Bird????
:confused: :confused:

SergntMac
10-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Sarge - You could have gotten 0 % financing in lieu of rebates. It was one or the other.
If you're talking about my Marauder purchase, John, neither was possible when I bought my Marauder in the first half of 2002.

SergntMac
10-22-2004, 08:45 AM
you must be talking about the 3 stangs at mcCarthy ford at 114th and pulaski rd chgo il... I stoped by to see them also very nice .. three of my friends called me yesterday to tell me about them . :banana2: the price markup really bites they ruined t bird sales by doing this but there is always someone who has to have it now :burnout: and they will get their price :mad:
Yep, that's the place. So, when are we going to catch up to each other at the Frosted Mug?

Mike Poore
10-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I might be missing something here. Pay $6,000 to get INTO a chance to buy the new T-Bird????
:confused: :confused:Nope, sorry Patrick, my bad. They had six customers who said they wanted to buy a T-Bird, (pre-orders) so the only fair thing to do was to have a lottery; which was fine. THEN, they wanted another $6K over sticker, if you got the lucky draw. Two cars = $12,000. We said "no thanks" and walked, never to return. :nono:

RCSignals
10-22-2004, 10:03 PM
.............................. .......
Going to take a test drive on Thursday. (if i can get in it) :):):)

there's a convertible coming....might be an easier fit :)

MERCMAN
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Mustangs arrived at my local dealership this week, they are selling at sticker price, no extra charges. Why do they bother putting a back seat in those things?????