PDA

View Full Version : Hendrick plane crashes, killing all 10 aboard.

Long Live #3
10-24-2004, 07:15 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/24/bc.car.nascar.hendrick.ap/index.html

A plane owned by Hendrick Motorsports crashed Sunday on its way to Martinsville, killing all 10 people aboard. The dead included four relatives of team owner Rick Hendrick, including his son Ricky and brother John.

I heard about the crash from Great Lakes Dragaway. My first thought was, oh my god, please don't let anything happen to them. Even though I'm not a big Hendrick fan, my heart goes out to every Hendrick Motorsports employee, and may the people on the plane rest in peace.

GordonB
10-24-2004, 07:39 PM
I hate to see any small plane go down and especially one with most of a NASCAR family on it. The history of small planes si frought with too many fatal crashes from way back when (Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens, etc.) to today's horror.

GordonB

FordNut
10-24-2004, 08:50 PM
I heard about the plane crash on the radio, driving through the Virginia mountains on the way home from the Martinsville race. Really puts a damper on things. Brings back thoughts of Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison. Bummer. My heart goes out to Rick Hendrick and his family.

TAF
10-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Rick and his entire family, and the other families who lost loved ones today. I was watching on T.V. and the announcement right at the end of the race and how there was no "Victory Lane"...you knew it was serious. VERY sad!

Patrick
10-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Prayers and thoughts to thier famailies.

dok
10-25-2004, 06:49 AM
Like LL3, I don't cheer for any of the Hendrick drivers, but I have always admired Rick Hendrick. He lost his father 2 months ago and now this. I can't even imagine the grief that he is feeling.

I live about 3 miles from the Hendrick's complex and visit frequently. They have a great museum that is changed monthly. I was planning on visiting it Thursday as we have out of state visitors coming. It's usually the first stop on tours for out-of-towners.

The police have blocked the entrance to the complex allowing only employees to pass.