PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Bush supporters?

Festus
10-31-2004, 04:34 PM
I know its just a silly superstition, but the Redskins lost today. Since 1936, whenever the Redskins won their last home game before an election, the incumbent party won the White House, whenever the Redskins lost the other party won the election.

The Redskins lost today, so...

Bradley G
10-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Can we start celebrating now:banana2: :banana: ?

Smokie
10-31-2004, 04:45 PM
No worries, what is suppose to happen... will happen.:D

Bluerauder
10-31-2004, 04:52 PM
What else is new ..... we are starting a new tradition and curse in Washington Redskin's football. I wouldn't count on their record as a predictor of anything at this point....let alone a Kerry victory. :rolleyes:

Logan
10-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Bush is Evil.

Bradley G
10-31-2004, 05:00 PM
And that's being Kind
Bush is Evil.

Logan
10-31-2004, 05:02 PM
I forgot to mention his entire inbred family is evil too. Sorry for the omission.

It's really too bad I can't vote here, I'd actually vote just to get the evil out of office.

Logan
10-31-2004, 05:03 PM
PS - I'm breaking my own policital thread rules here, so ummm... before you report me, pls remember, I hold the buttons and I've been drinkin'. Don't piss me off. :cowboy:

Bradley G
10-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Who's gonna argue with that?:confused:

Smokie
10-31-2004, 05:30 PM
I forgot to mention his entire inbred family is evil too. Sorry for the omission.

It's really too bad I can't vote here, I'd actually vote just to get the evil out of office.Hey Logan if the evil one wins, will you be leaving the country like Alec Baldwin promised to do in 2000....it seems Baldwin is not a man of his word.:D

rumble
10-31-2004, 06:01 PM

It's really too bad I can't vote here, I'd actually vote just to get the evil out of office.

HeHeHe, Yeah, right. You think were gonna fall twice for some ludicrous thing like that. Like last April Fools' Day when you were going to shut down the site because you were tired of Marauders. I know you and I know your smarter than that. Besides who in world would vote against the wishes of 78% of our military.

And this Redskins record is just about as long as the Red Sox's and we all saw what happened to the "curse."

duhtroll
10-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Whatever happens, this will be the most interesting election --- ever.

Ties all over the place, and a slim chance of having Bush/Edward after it's all over (see: electoral college tie).

This is a graduate thesis if I ever saw one. Too bad I didn't take a useless history degree or something. :D

I'm taking the day off to volunteer for my candidate. My Marauder will be hauling folks to the polls. Maybe they'll think I'm secret service.

We should run a poll to see if people think it will all be sorted out Tuesday or later Wednesday, or if even later by courts and recounts and lawsuits (oh my). Maybe a pool for the exact minute a winner is declared. Logan, if yer not too soused how about some fun?

The amount of GAMBLING over all of the possible outcomes (electoral votes, popular vote, even WHEN it's decided) is in record amounts. We don't need to gamble, but it would be cool.

-A

BruteForce
10-31-2004, 06:13 PM
...Besides who in world would vote against the wishes of 78% of our military.

You got a quoted source on that number other than A. Coulter or B. O'Reilly? (both of whom misrepresent facts routinely and have been caught in the act of doing so numerous times) :down:

bigslim
10-31-2004, 06:35 PM
I know its just a silly superstition, but the Redskins lost today. Since 1936, whenever the Redskins won their last home game before an election, the incumbent party won the White House, whenever the Redskins lost the other party won the election.

God, I hope this holds true. Although it's not like Bush will read it in a newspaper. The man admitted to not reading the newspaper. Who wants a President that won't or can't read a newspaper???

woaface
10-31-2004, 06:36 PM
I am thinking of joining the debate/speech team at Riverside. I do have past experience and I've always enjoyed tearing oppone...I mean having fun in a collected debate environment. When a new friend of mine and I were talking to the coach she said, "But Mr. Moore, President Bush loves you!" to which Mr. Moore responded, "No, he doesn't, and there are 4 good reasons why. One I'm a Democrat. Two, I'm a Democrat. Three, I'm a teacher and a Democrat and four, I'm a member of the NEA not the NRA.

To this I asked if I could be a conservative and still join the team. "Yes, I suppose you can still join the team" he said.

(I'm just taking really). But anyways, I was really suprised to find out that our Debate team has only three conservatives! All of them are s, one of them I took home a little late Friday night. There's about to be four conservatives on the team though and still yet, only three will be s.

I should mention, conservative women are really hot! And I don't know what it is about women of foreign mixtures but...that's for another thread another time.:rolleyes:

And given the larger topic here, I don't like Bush a whole lot. He's not the best conservative president we've ever had despite his admirable influential abilities. But Kerry's ideas and policy-making ideas are waaaay to strange.

Then again, I don't think really great men run for presidential office. Maybe next election...or the election after. Sometime soon there's going to be someone that will get over 60% of the voting population to the polls and win in some landslid victory? That would be cool...just for fun. Common...let's have it. Someone to move the American people in extremely emotional ways.

Elections are fun and boring at the same time I guess. It's all about the man who's behind, or will be behind the oval desk. Not what the nation needs. People get excited for a couple of months and then no one cares about politics except for those who have it some how injected in their lifestyle (i.e. politicians, political pundits and speech kids like me)

SergntMac
10-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Redskins are tiny little potatoe(s) that cook up real nice in some oils, and with salt/pepper like spices. They work well with Pot Roast type of dishes, and I love Pot Roast type of dishes.

Redskins...yeah...Fun stuff, easy on the pallet.

Politics...Go figure.

Bluerauder
10-31-2004, 06:39 PM
You got a quoted source on that number other than A. Coulter or B. O'Reilly? (both of whom misrepresent facts routinely and have been caught in the act of doing so numerous times) :down:
The Army Times (an independent newspaper) has published a similar number (75-78% supporting President Bush) based on a survey of some 1,800 military members. That number has a margin of error of less that 2%. It was very interesting that there is virtually no difference whatsoever between active, national guard, or reserve troops.

CRUZTAKER
10-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Bush is Evil.
I missed the lighter side of Logan....:rolleyes: Welcome home man.

Redskins...yeah...Fun stuff, easy on the pallet.

Politics...Go figure.
He he he, good one Mac. :lol:

SergntMac
10-31-2004, 07:01 PM
Likewise...Welcome home, Barry!

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Bush is evil??? His family inbred??? Just know one thing if Al Gore would have become President of the United States of America in 2000 you can be sure that we would all be speaking taliban today because he would have invited the true evil person, osama bin laden, to the White House for dinner to congradulate him for his efforts on 9-11-2004. As far as I'm concerned if Kerry/Edwards somehow manages to get elected on Tuesday we can live with the fear of speaking taliban again because those two communists will sell this country away!

W '04

David Morton
10-31-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm betting a comercial will come out soon with Bush at his press conference answering the question of "Where's Osama bin Laden?" with...

"Terror's bigger than one person and uh, he's just a, he's a, he's a, he's a person who's now been marginalized so I, I don't know where he is, nor do I, you know I just don't spend that much time on him to, hell, even be honest with ya'."
I'm also predicting Bush will concede the victory to Kerry between 10PM, Nov. 2nd and 2AM, Nov. 3rd.

merc406
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=2003_MM_FYRE49]Bush is evil??? His family inbred??? Just know one thing if Al Gore would have become President of the United States of America in 2000 you can be sure that we would all be speaking taliban today because he would have invited the true evil person, osama bin laden, to the White House for dinner to congradulate him for his efforts on 9-11-2004. As far as I'm concerned if Kerry/Edwards somehow manages to get elected on Tuesday we can live with the fear of speaking taliban again because those two communists will sell this country away!

Comediean? ........... You sure can't believe that, I hope.

2 things come to mind, Cost of War in lives lost and money http://costofwar.com

Tax breaks for the rich.... :bs:

klmore
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Tax breaks for the rich.... :bs:I guess I'm considered rich by the people who want to take my money and give it to the have not's.

I'm tired of paying taxes to have a bunch of liberal do gooders give it away to special interest. A flat tax would make it fair, but fair isn't the goal now is it?

Michael Savage says it best. Borders, Language, and Culture. Were losing all of them. :soap: :hmmm:

2003_MM_FYRE49
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Michael Savage says it best. Borders, Language, and Culture. Were losing all of them. :soap: :hmmm:

Isn't that the truth, and we have the liberals to thank for it too!

merc406
10-31-2004, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=klmore]I guess I'm considered rich by the people who want to take my money and give it to the have not's.

I'm tired of paying taxes to have a bunch of liberal do gooders give it away to special interest. A flat tax would make it fair, but fair isn't the goal now is it?

Another funny man, :bs: check out the pork giver's, you'll find both parties are quilty & great at blowin your money. :D

Patrick
10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
:nocomm: :nocomm: :nocomm:

klmore
10-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Another funny man, :bs: check out the pork giver's, you'll find both parties are quilty & great at blowin your money. :D
Fair enough I can't argue that. :D

The Republicans are way to liberal for me these days, but Bush will be fine for the time being.:)

Either way I have to admit I'm tired of the election this time around. Even being the big year round political hack that I am I'm ready for it to be over.

duhtroll
10-31-2004, 08:14 PM
What the hell is "speaking Taliban" anyway?

Is that a new doll for Xmas?

Sounds like a "Bush-ism" to me.

-A

David Morton
10-31-2004, 08:30 PM
I'd rather have a Democrat give my money away to the poor than a Republican give it away to a corporation for shipping jobs overseas, just to name one of a hundred corporate giveways.

Bush gave me a $300 tax cut and the county raised my property taxes $400 to pay for what the Feds stopped paying for in my county.

But what pi$$es me most is that video those "evangelicals" have been playing at churches showing Bush "praying" on a split screen next to Jesus and the voiceover talking about Bush being "God's man". (!)

Guess they'll be praying "Hail Barbara's" tomorrow night.

Mother of God?

Mother of God! Help us!

BigMerc
10-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Just remember that little deal with the redskins is always true, just like no one comes back from an 0-3 in the playoffs to get to the World series. And the Red Sox never beat the Yankees in the playoffs, and The Red Sox havent won since 1918.
Also there is a nice little website I love it is:

www.georgebushisadouchebagbuti mvotingforhimanyway.com

has my sentiments. I can't vote for a guy who is a self admitted war criminal a person who carried a communist flag in front of the White house, put himself in for 3 purple hearts and never once spent a day in the hospital or missed ANY duty time. Just can't do it. G.W is a known quantity and I can put up with that garbage for 4 more years

merc406
10-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Just remember that little deal with the redskins is always true, just like no one comes back from an 0-3 in the playoffs to get to the World series. And the Red Sox never beat the Yankees in the playoffs, and The Red Sox havent won since 1918.
Also there is a nice little website I love it is:

www.georgebushisadouchebagbuti mvotingforhimanyway.com

has my sentiments. I can't vote for a guy who is a self admitted war criminal a person who carried a communist flag in front of the White house, put himself in for 3 purple hearts and never once spent a day in the hospital or missed ANY duty time. Just can't do it. G.W is a known quantity and I can put up with that garbage for 4 more years

Must be Comedy Night :lol: :lol:

BigMerc
10-31-2004, 09:06 PM
why must it be comedy night....(smelling a liberal wind coming for merc406) you think I'm funny? funny how? what do you mean funny? funny like a clown? funny like I amuse you? no YOU said funny? just how the #@&* am I funny?
(with apologies to Goodfellas)

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Hmmm...Let's see, Should I vote for an extremely rich Massachusetts Senator who has a strange habit of marrying heiresses & his 'I got rich by sueing lots of doctors and now I blame Bush for spiraling health care costs' running mate or our current (known quantity) President who doesn't talk all smooth and slick like the other two dirtbags...I'll stick with 'W'.

Stephen Soulsby
10-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Man I wish I had this bumper sticker!

Directedby
10-31-2004, 09:39 PM

Hey, any publicity is good publicity...

Directedby
10-31-2004, 09:49 PM
In my opinion, they are both idiots.

Bush has an IQ of 91.

Kerry will say and do anything just to get a vote.

However, our economy is sheet, health care is sheet, Bin Laden is still out there, Iraq is a mess.

I think any change is a good change. Too bad John McCain or Rudy Guilanni are not running.

Here is a report on President Bush's IQ -

Report: President Bush Has Lowest IQ of All Presidents of Past 50 Years

If late night TV comedy is an indicator, then there has never been as widespread a perception that a president is not intellectually qualified for the position he holds as there is with President GW Bush.

In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania, detailed its findings of a four-month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush.

Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 50 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

** 147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
** 132 Harry Truman (D)
** 122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
** 174 John F. Kennedy (D)
** 126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
** 155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
** 121 Gerald Ford (R)
** 175 James E. Carter (D)
** 105 Ronald Reagan (R)
** 098 George HW Bush (R)
** 182 William J. Clinton (D)
** 091 George W. Bush (R)

The six Republican presidents of the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155.

President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91. The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President G. W. Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking."

The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania, think-tank includes high-caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, a world-respected psychiatrist.

This study was commissioned on February 13, 2001, and released on July 9, 2001, to subscribing member universities and organizations within the education community.

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Bill Clinton > 182 (the highest listed)
That shoots the validity of thats study to h*ll!
All that proves is that with a high IQ you can LIE much better and convince a majority of voters that you are a great President....until you get IMPEACHED!!!! ('I did not have sex with that woman'.)

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Bush is evil??? His family inbred??? Just know one thing if Al Gore would have become President of the United States of America in 2000 you can be sure that we would all be speaking taliban today because he would have invited the true evil person, osama bin laden, to the White House for dinner to congradulate him for his efforts on 9-11-2004. As far as I'm concerned if Kerry/Edwards somehow manages to get elected on Tuesday we can live with the fear of speaking taliban again because those two communists will sell this country away!

W '04
I thought Bush's old man and Haliburton had already did that??

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:05 PM
All that proves is that with a high IQ you can LIE much better and convince a majority of voters that you are a great President....until you get IMPEACHED!!!! ('I did not have sex with that woman'.)
You are gonna hold trying to get a piece of booty over a man's head when we got a man that started a war over nothing??

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Wish I had it too, so I can wipe my butt with it.

Stephen Soulsby
10-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Wish I had it too, so I can wipe my butt with it.So you like having a douche in your ass?

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...Let's see, Should I vote for an extremely rich Massachusetts Senator who has a strange habit of marrying heiresses & his 'I got rich by sueing lots of doctors and now I blame Bush for spiraling health care costs' running mate or our current (known quantity) President who doesn't talk all smooth and slick like the other two dirtbags...I'll stick with 'W'.
He isn't extremely rich, his wife is. Bush has gotten rich by running every company he has run into the ground. Now he is doing it to the country. Remember, Bush is one Coors away from falling off the wagon.

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Do I think that Bush is a great President?...No
Do I think that Bush got us into the Iraq war too soon...Yes
Do I think that Bush should have killed Bin Laden by now....Yes
Am I going to vote for a pair of Numb Nuts like Kerry & Edwards JUST cause 'We need change'?.....H*LL NO!!!

BTW...Bush has about as much effect on the Economy as Bill Clinton did.
Alan Greenspan runs the Economy!
(Bill Clinton signed NAFTA)

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 10:16 PM
He isn't extremely rich, his wife is. Bush has gotten rich by running every company he has run into the ground. Now he is doing it to the country. Remember, Bush is one Coors away from falling off the wagon.

My point exactly...Kerry hasn't made any 'real' money his whole life! He just marries rich woman. That makes me nervous because he won't hesitate for a second in raising taxes. He doesn't know what its like to work your *ss off and have the government tax the ***** out of you. Taxes don't bother you when all 'your' money comes from your rich wive(s).

DEFYANT
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM

Hey, the red sox won after almost a centry of failures, breaking a "curse". This could be the year of broken curses.

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Liberals are cool. Conservatives are too stiff and need to pull the sticks out of their a$$es. One thing I can say about Kerry, he can discuss war and the service. He served his country. Bush hid out in a bar for his so-called time in the service. I am not saying that Kerry is the best choice out there, he is better than the dummy we got in there now. For those of you that don't live in Michigan, we have record unemployment right now. Is Bush addressing this? No, he is too busy rebuilding a country that we have no business be in. Everytime I hear this man open his mouth I cringe. He has got to be the dumbest man I have ever seen. And I suppose to believe that the article under his jacket during the debates was a poorly tailored shirt. "GIVE ME A BREAK". How stupid does he really thing we are?

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:24 PM
My point exactly...Kerry hasn't made any 'real' money his whole life! He just marries rich woman. That makes me nervous because he won't hesitate for a second in raising taxes. He doesn't know what its like to work your *ss off and have the government tax the ***** out of you. Taxes don't bother you when all 'your' money comes from your rich wive(s).
And you really think that Bush made his own money? Wasn't his famliy in the oil business? Didn't he try to run his own oil company but failed because he was an idiot? The man has failed at everything that he has done. He didn't even win the election. It was given to him by his brother and the supreme court. DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 10:28 PM
You are gonna hold trying to get a piece of booty over a man's head when we got a man that started a war over nothing??

My problem was that instead of coming out and saying; "Yep I cheated on Hillary. (can you blame him?) "I made a mistake" "What I did was wrong and I'm sorry"
He just LIED & DENIED...and he got caught anyway!!
Bush got us into Iraq too soon, but we were going to have to go in there anyway.

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 10:33 PM
And you really think that Bush made his own money? Wasn't his famliy in the oil business? Didn't he try to run his own oil company but failed because he was an idiot? The man has failed at everything that he has done. He didn't even win the election. It was given to him by his brother and the supreme court. DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!

Please, Do we need to go back to the original 'stolen election'? You know the one where JFK carried ALL of Chicago???
Thank God that Al Gore lost the election...He'd still be warning Bin Laden not to try any more attacks.

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:33 PM
My problem was that instead of coming out and saying; "Yep I cheated on Hillary. (can you blame him?) "I made a mistake" "What I did was wrong and I'm sorry"
Bush got us into Iraq too soon, but we were going to have to go in there anyway.
Think about it, any man, the first thing out of his mouth is gonna be "I did not do it". I think this is why I liked Clinton even more. For the first time I had a President that had the same kind of problems as any joe-blow. Bush walks around like he is above everyone else. Chaney really has a bug up his butt. These are two of the coldest people I have seen.

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Please, Do we need to go back to the original 'stolen election'? You know the one where JFK carried ALL of Chicago???
Thank God that Al Gore lost the election...He'd still be warning Bin Laden not to try any more attacks.
Isn't that what Bush is doing? Did I miss something? We got Bin Laden?

Joe Walsh
10-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Oh well...It's late and I'm going to bed. We each get to vote on Tuesday. See Ya, Joe
P.S. There is one bright side if Kerry gets elected...Hillary can't run against an incumbent Democrat in 2008!!!

bigslim
10-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh well...It's late and I'm going to bed. We each get to vote on Tuesday. See Ya, Joe
P.S. There is one bright side if Kerry gets elected...Hillary can't run against an incumbent Democrat in 2008!!!
Thanks for the debate. At least we do agree on one thing. EVERYONE VOTE!!

hitchhiker
10-31-2004, 10:43 PM

W '04
Unfortunately, you probably do really believe that. Pity!

Bush / Cheney in prison with 200+ corporate pirates in 2005!

:P

hitchhiker
10-31-2004, 11:05 PM

I don't understand...? I thought yawl Texans blindly followed Bush...?

:confused:

I know you work in the IT field just like me...Did you just get outsourced too?

That is what turned me against my previous Republican heritage. Most Ceo's and other corporate officers these days are Republican and they are ruining the lives and careers of people like me.

When I was in Texas earlier this year I noted that school districts and local goverments were broke and going into bankruptcy due to the policies of the Bush governor administration and the gerrymandered Republican controlled Texas legislature. Best of luck to all working Texans. I know you will need it with the hoardes of job-stealing invaders coming from south of the border!

It is almost impossible to get an IT gig in Texas these days unless you're Indian. I guess I beat the odds by getting my short gig there!

My social values remain conservative, but I cannot abide by the economic treason being committed by our corporations and their bought and paid for politicians. I must fight it for my own and well as other American middle class people's survival. Our jobs, our technology, and our future are being stolen from us so that the very few can line their pockets.

Logan, I hope your job is safe.

I am once again looking for my next gig.

I do Mainframe, DB2, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SQL Server, COBOL, Data Warehouse, and other IT work.

Please let me know if you hear of anything.

Regards,

David

:)

hitchhiker
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
Liberals are cool. Conservatives are too stiff and need to pull the sticks out of their a$$es. One thing I can say about Kerry, he can discuss war and the service. He served his country. Bush hid out in a bar for his so-called time in the service. I am not saying that Kerry is the best choice out there, he is better than the dummy we got in there now. For those of you that don't live in Michigan, we have record unemployment right now. Is Bush addressing this? No, he is too busy rebuilding a country that we have no business be in. Everytime I hear this man open his mouth I cringe. He has got to be the dumbest man I have ever seen. And I suppose to believe that the article under his jacket during the debates was a poorly tailored shirt. "GIVE ME A BREAK". How stupid does he really thing we are?

Although he never applied himself, Bush is actually rather smart. His corporate handlers want him to look folksy and dumb so that people will not be scared of him. He knows exactly what he is doing...Selling us out!

Regards,

David

hitchhiker
10-31-2004, 11:15 PM
HeHeHe, Yeah, right. You think were gonna fall twice for some ludicrous thing like that. Like last April Fools' Day when you were going to shut down the site because you were tired of Marauders. I know you and I know your smarter than that. Besides who in world would vote against the wishes of 78% of our military.

And this Redskins record is just about as long as the Red Sox's and we all saw what happened to the "curse."

You forget that the military folks are bound to support the existing commander in chief.

They have no other choice unless they keep mum about it!

Regards,

David

Directedby
10-31-2004, 11:15 PM

I don't condone cheating or telling lies- going through a divorce right now for the same thing - unfortunately I am not as forgiving as Hillary.

However, nobody DIED by Clinton's lies. Nobody had their HEADS HACKED OFF. 100,000 Iraqi's have lost their lives - women and children - do you have children? I do. Over 1,100 brave young men and women of our country are dead - they had husbands/wives and children - all because of one man - GWB. I agree Clinton f^%*@# up and is a sleeeeeeeeze bag for it, but he does not have serious BLOOD on his hands.

Whoever votes for GWB or KERRY has the right to choose freely - I respect everybody's opinion and right to express it - that is what freedom is all about.

No here is a funny....

http://filmstripinternational.com

bigslim
11-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't condone cheating or telling lies- going through a divorce right now for the same thing - unfortunately I am not as forgiving as Hillary.

However, nobody DIED by Clinton's lies. Nobody had their HEADS HACKED OFF. 100,000 Iraqi's have lost their lives - women and children - do you have children? I do. Over 1,100 brave young men and women of our country are dead - they had husbands/wives and children - all because of one man - GWB. I agree Clinton f^%*@# up and is a sleeeeeeeeze bag for it, but he does not have serious BLOOD on his hands.

Whoever votes for GWB or KERRY has the right to choose freely - I respect everybody's opinion and right to express it - that is what freedom is all about.

No here is a funny....

Loved the video.

Festus
11-01-2004, 03:42 AM
In my opinion, they are both idiots.

Bush has an IQ of 91.

Kerry will say and do anything just to get a vote.

However, our economy is sheet, health care is sheet, Bin Laden is still out there, Iraq is a mess.

I think any change is a good change. Too bad John McCain or Rudy Guilanni are not running.

Here is a report on President Bush's IQ -

Report: President Bush Has Lowest IQ of All Presidents of Past 50 Years

If late night TV comedy is an indicator, then there has never been as widespread a perception that a president is not intellectually qualified for the position he holds as there is with President GW Bush.

In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania, detailed its findings of a four-month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush.

Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 50 years, from F. D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

** 147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
** 132 Harry Truman (D)
** 122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
** 174 John F. Kennedy (D)
** 126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
** 155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
** 121 Gerald Ford (R)
** 175 James E. Carter (D)
** 105 Ronald Reagan (R)
** 098 George HW Bush (R)
** 182 William J. Clinton (D)
** 091 George W. Bush (R)

The six Republican presidents of the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest IQ, at 155.

President G. W. Bush was rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91. The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President G. W. Bush, his low ratings were due to his apparent difficulty to command the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had a least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, so in many ways that made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We had to rely more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking."

The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania, think-tank includes high-caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F. Dilliams, a world-respected psychiatrist.

This study was commissioned on February 13, 2001, and released on July 9, 2001, to subscribing member universities and organizations within the education community.

This report is an Urban Legend - http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Festus
11-01-2004, 03:52 AM

No here is a funny....

Hey Directedby you need to be better prepared with your facts. The 100,000 dead Iraqis is from a highly questionable report. If you read the report their level of accuracy is that somewhere between 8,000 and 194,000 were killed in Iraq. The 100,000 number comes from splitting the difference between 8,000 and 194,000.

Petrograde
11-01-2004, 04:10 AM
I think it's the lesser of two evils: I'll take Bush.

Kerry is waaay to wishy-washy. I don't want someone that indecisive to have control of this country.

I spent the better part of a decade in the US Army, most of which during the Clinton Administration. :( G Dub is 10 times the Commander & Chief.

merc406
11-01-2004, 04:54 AM
JUST get out and VOTE!! And to make sure I cancel out some of you

guy's F:censor: d up

vote's .........I'm taking the family to the poll, too bad were only

3... :burnout:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradley G
11-01-2004, 04:57 AM
I'm not trying to swing any voters here. Just ask yourself this "Are you better off than you were four years ago??I am glad that more people will be involved in voting than ever before.Can Both administrations claim this??The Honest answer to the second question is NO!Don't think for a second that our current party wants the REAL DEAL.

merc406
11-01-2004, 04:58 AM
why must it be comedy night....(smelling a liberal wind coming for merc406) you think I'm funny? funny how? what do you mean funny? funny like a clown? funny like I amuse you? no YOU said funny? just how the #@&* am I funny?
(with apologies to Goodfellas)

Yes I do sleep at night,(delayed responce) most Republicans can't....After invading and killing thousands of innocent people, bringing on class warfare here in the US, overlooking the loss of millions of US jobs, expending Billions of our dollars on a war for oil, letting bussiness roll over their workers, letting 401k's vaporize, letting S.Security dry up for all, letting the heath care system go on out of control, letting drug companies getting away with just about anything, and on and on-----------

Yes you are FUNNY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jakdad
11-01-2004, 05:10 AM
They just can't get over it....................

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Bluerauder
11-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Very interesting debate. I enjoyed the Joe and Slim show. Far too much emotion and delusional thinking pushing this election. I am retired US Army and my son is currently in Baghdad. There is only one choice .... and Kerry certainly is not it. His brand of leadership gets people killed.

Big Joe P
11-01-2004, 05:20 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

merc406
11-01-2004, 05:27 AM
His brand of leadership gets people killed.

Your kidding, right?

Smokie
11-01-2004, 05:41 AM
Wow, this got hairy last night, you guys might consider directing the hate at the real enemy, and I don't mean Bush or Kerry, the same civil war that is going on in our country during this disgusting "election campaign" has arrived here at our club.

Keep it up, soon we will have clubs within the club and there will be us vs. them.

As a person who has lived and seen others die under a communist dictatorship it is obvious to me that many of you today, have no idea what bad is.

This country is the greatest country in the world !!!! Go out tomorrow and vote !!! That privilege was bought and paid for in blood, yes blood.

Vote for your candidate, and support the winner 100%. There is a real enemy out there...and it may be you.

jakdad
11-01-2004, 05:41 AM
Very interesting debate. I enjoyed the Joe and Slim show. Far too much emotion and delusional thinking pushing this election. I am retired US Army and my son is currently in Baghdad. There is only one choice .... and Kerry certainly is not it. His brand of leadership gets people killed. I agree!! The scarey thing is the difference between Dick Chaney and John Edwards. Dick Chaney can be president tomorrow!!

TheRealSkyWolf
11-01-2004, 05:44 AM
When Clinton Lied nobody died.

merc406
11-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Smokie, I don't think their is hate here but a healty debate, I see nothing wrong with that, when people's stop debate's we are all in trouble.

merc406
11-01-2004, 05:49 AM
I agree!! The scarey thing is the difference between Dick Chaney and John Edwards. Dick Chaney can be president tomorrow!!

He is now, why do you think were all F :censor: d up ?

jakdad
11-01-2004, 06:00 AM
He is now, why do you think were all F :censor: d up ?
If that's what this is, I think it's great!!! Wish we had been this screwed up the previous eight years!

MERCMAN
11-01-2004, 06:24 AM
you can take a straw vote HERE
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=183923#post18 3923