PDA

View Full Version : Car/Driver Gives Excellent Review To 2005 Mustang

woaface
11-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Picked my December copy of Car and Driver today in the mail and was pleased to see them pick the C6 over the 911 (although you knew they would) and read a very enthusiastic and satisfied article on the new Mustang.

I'm disappointed in the color Ford sent them for testing. Not the nicest yellow I've ever seen. Ford's red, green and black are awesome though. That and a deleted grill to replace the moon sized lamps make a killer car IMO.

woaface
11-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I thought it was kind of important. They haven't totally forgoten the blue oval;)

Krytin
11-06-2004, 03:03 PM
I thought it was kind of important. They haven't totally forgoten the blue oval;)

It was and thanks for the 411!
You really don't like the fog lights in the grill? I know the fog lights "frenched in" on the lower corners of the MM's bumper look better, but I thought the '05 Mustang's fog lights looked pretty good. Then again, I haven't seen one in person yet!

2003DOHC
11-06-2004, 08:33 PM
I saw my first 2005 Mustang today very well designed car,but I would not trade my Marauder for one.

NAVCHAP
11-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Saw a Mustang GT '05 at Fun Ford Weekend in So Cal about a month ago. Nice design, nice execution, just a little too small on the inside for me. It good a lot of positive feedback from the attendees. -kjs-

woaface
11-06-2004, 10:14 PM
To think...you get more room inside since the last one. The wheelbase is 6 inches longer.

Saw a Mustang GT '05 at Fun Ford Weekend in So Cal about a month ago. Nice design, nice , just a little too small on the inside for me. It good a lot of positive feedback from the attendees. -kjs-

hitchhiker
11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
To think...you get more room inside since the last one. The wheelbase is 6 inches longer.

Are you thinking about Elaine.

:P

NAVCHAP
11-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Not as difficult to go from V-70s to a Panther as it is to go from V-70s to a Mustang. Even on the DEW platform, when you carry as many passengers, cargo and VIPs as I do in the line of duty. I prefer to avoid driving government vehicles whenever possible. Regret the misunderstanding. -kjs-

Mike Poore
11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
I saw my first 2005 Mustang today very well designed car.
:) We got to crawl all over a DTR GT in our favorite dealer's lot on Sunday. Although it was locked, and we couldn't get inside, or look at the motor; Barb & I went away VERY favoribly impressed. I'm hoping they use the dual hood scoops on the SVT, like the ones on the early drawings. All in all, I'd say they've hit a home run with the new Mustang. :woohoo:

There was a new FiveHundred sitting next to it ...that one's a :turkey:

prchrman
11-08-2004, 11:13 AM
New mustang looks better in person than in pics...the Five hundred=overpriced and underpowered...willie

Cobra25
11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
The 2005 Mustang does looks nice, I could see a few guys trading in their Marauders.