PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm the high eBay bidder on this '83 Caddy Hearse!!!! 40K miles and very sweet. Cool, huh? I'm excited- Coli however is dubious. I've wanted one since I was a little kid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6152&item=4501759384&rd=1

Patrick
11-10-2004, 10:05 AM
I would ask why, but I am sure I wouldnt like the answer!

Dr Caleb
11-10-2004, 10:07 AM
What Patrick said ^^^ ;)

"Who you gonna call . . ." Notice you can't use that phrase in a sentence any longer ;)

TAF
11-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Nice curtains....:P

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 10:10 AM
I would ask why, but I am sure I wouldnt like the answer!
It's on a commercial chassis. Very stout and safe. It's probably not been driven hard. only 40k on the drivetrain. My vision is 1970's Good Times van treatment for the rear interior- blue shag and velour. Maybe Crager SS's. It'll rock!!
The curtains will have to go- kinda creepy.

Patrick
11-10-2004, 10:12 AM
How about a 10 sec hurst???

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 10:14 AM
"Who you gonna call . . ."
I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!! YAHOO!! I did however think of buying an unfinished casket and finishing in out as a beer cooler. I'd roll it out at car shows and hand out beverages. They are insulated pretty well.

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 10:16 AM
How about a 10 sec hurst???
Hmmmm... I figure she weighs close to 3 tons in street trim. I think I'd be lucky to see 17s with open exhaust.

Patrick
11-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm... I figure she weighs close to 3 tons in street trim. I think I'd be lucky to see 17s with open exhaust.

Yes please make this car run on the track..........I might be able to beat that!!!
:burn: :lol:

SergntMac
11-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Ummm...I dunno, Dan, 40K miles at speeds up to 25 MPH, this may be a dead horse already.

Ya think they ran air conditioning ducts to the rear?

If so...Why?

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Ummm...I dunno, Dan, 40K miles at speeds up to 25 MPH, this may be a dead horse already.

If so...Why?
No air to the rear. No speakers for the AM/FM either...yet). I can't wait!!!

Bluerauder
11-10-2004, 11:06 AM
I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!! YAHOO!! I did however think of buying an unfinished casket and finishing in out as a beer cooler. I'd roll it out at car shows and hand out beverages. They are insulated pretty well.
Was my first thought .... put a gumball on the top and you have the Ghostbuster's car. :D

FiveO
11-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Never seen a vehicle that would be heavier than the MM....now I have!

That car would be a great cruising mobile for Friday nights! :D

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 11:20 AM
That car would be a great cruising mobile for Friday nights! :D
FINALLY, somebody gets it!!- Thanks Mark!

SergntMac
11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Dan...If you win the auction, give Zack a call? He's got a built Caddy 500 CID just "dying" for a new home.

TripleTransAm
11-10-2004, 12:52 PM
6.0l ... isn't that the infamous 8-6-4 engine?

martyo
11-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Now that's cool. If it wasn't you bidding for it, I would bid on it or just do the "buy it now" deal. Stanley and Stella would look great riding in that.

Good luck my friend!

Oh, one other thing, like a Marauder, that thing needs to be BLACK!!!

2003 WIB
11-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Now that's cool. If it wasn't you bidding for it, I would bid on it or just do the "buy it now" deal. Stanley and Stella would look great riding in that.

Good luck my friend!

Don't worry it should be back on the market very very soon.

martyo
11-10-2004, 02:03 PM

Drive it to NY, visit me for a while and then leave the car here!!!

:rofl:

SergntMac
11-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Don't know caddy engines myself, did the 8-6-4- put out 800 BHP?

SHERIFF
11-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm the high eBay bidder on this '83 Caddy Hearse!!!! But............ the reserve hasn't been met. Which of course means the seller does NOT have to let it go. The seller probably has a high reserve on it, like about $3,499. :)

Hack Goby
11-10-2004, 03:26 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/IM_A0186.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/IM_A0185.JPG There was a hearse club that showed up at Woodys a few times this summer,Plus Hell Michigan has a "Last Rides"cruise nite with old hearses and ambulances in the fall.

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Normally yes- But the 1983 commercial chassis is a carb. no F.I.

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 03:38 PM
But............ the reserve hasn't been met. Which of course means the seller does NOT have to let it go. The seller probably has a high reserve on it, like about $3,499. :) Absolutely correct!- My budget is $2750. If it goes to someone else, that's cool. If it doesn't sell, the guy is in Fort Worth and I'll call after the auction.

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 03:40 PM
There was a hearse club that showed up at Woodys a few times this summer,Plus Hell Michigan has a "Last Rides"cruise nite with old hearses and ambulances in the fall.
How cool is that?!? I smell a road trip, Coli...

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Honey,
In some ways I can't help but feel that we are two very different people....:)

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Dan...If you win the auction, give Zack a call? He's got a built Caddy 500 CID just "dying" for a new home.
Hmmmm, very interesting, Mac. They are suppossed to be true torque monsters- I may need that.

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 04:05 PM

Good luck my friend!

You wouldn't hurt my feelings, Marty- there will be other cars.:beer: That's free enterprise at its finest. DO NOT pay shipping- I might get a wild hair and deliver it.
On a seperate note- I too thought it would be a great dog car BUT the floors are slick- might not be good for Stanley's condidtion. I suppose you could mat the floor but it would cover one of the vehicle's best features.
Hmmm, Stanley & Stella- It should be dubbed "A Roadcar named Desire":D

CRUZTAKER
11-10-2004, 04:18 PM
You thought WE had a big following around here....those Hearse followers are wild bunch.

My buddy in high school had one, we used to haul girls around in it....live ones of course.:P

MarauderMark
11-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Can you imagine the sound system that you could install in there.50,000 watts.sounds like dan passing through maryland :eek: :lol:

2003 MIB
11-10-2004, 04:49 PM
we used to haul girls around in it....live ones of course.
Sometimes you scare me, Barry....:eek:

jgc61sr2002
11-10-2004, 06:07 PM

If so...Why?

Sarge - The passengers never complain. :D

Petrograde
11-11-2004, 07:04 AM
I like it Dan!

I would love to get my hands on a '59 Caddy Herse, convertable, 4 door, I dont care,... I just love those cars!

teamrope
11-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Was my first thought .... put a gumball on the top and you have the Ghostbuster's car. :D
That was my first thought before I even clicked the link. ;)

Bluerauder
11-11-2004, 04:33 PM
... we used to haul girls around in it....live ones of course.:P
Naturally ............ and everyone just Drop Dead gorgeous, I bet !!!! :D

Ross
11-12-2004, 10:40 AM
That would be the ultimate tailgate party car!

jaywish
11-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Well Dan,

It sure looks like it's time to go look it over. They were happy with your bid. they just couldn't drop the reserve to lower than your current bid. That's the way EBAY works.

Good luck,

DEFYANT
11-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Thats a car with baaaaaad karma!

teamrope
11-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Thats a car with baaaaaad karma!
Ya, but it's a dead ringer for.... never mind.

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 08:05 AM
The hearse purchase was woefully defeated in a family vote. The teenaged girls were very upset that the school bus would be picking them up at "The Hearse House". The middle-aged girl said she'd never drive or ride in it because it was weird. I'm feeling very misunderstood at Casa de MIB these days...So anyway...I found this on eBay and Coli and I are flying to Baton Rouge to pick her up on December 4th.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4503271349

It's certainly not as cool as the big-block Caddy hearse but should be a lot of fun. AND it's black.

Ross
11-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Nice Jag, Dan, but it will never be as great at a tailgate party as the Caddy would have been! BTW, if you have come this far as a dad and not embarrassed your girls yet, you are a saint!

Bluerauder
11-18-2004, 08:15 AM
The hearse purchase was woefully defeated in a family vote. "...snip..." ...So anyway...I found this on eBay and Coli and I are flying to Baton Rouge to pick her up on December 4th.
Looks like you got a little relief from 2003 WIB to pick up the '78 Jaguar. Now you need to start learning how to pronounce "Jag-U-Are" like the fancy folk.

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Looks like you got a little relief from 2003 WIB to pick up the '78 Jaguar. Now you need to start learning how to pronounce "Jag-U-Are" like the fancy folk.
Yeah, I guess I should. I wonder where I can buy one of those funny British caps and a tweed jacket?
It's really more Chevy than JAG-U-ARE at this stage in her life. CHEV-U-ARE?- Nope....Chevwar?- Nope...SHAGUAR!!!! I like it and I'm sure Austin Powers would approve! Yeah, Baby.

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Nice Jag, Dan, but it will never be as great at a tailgate party as the Caddy would have been! BTW, if you have come this far as a dad and not embarrassed your girls yet, you are a saint!
I embarrass them daily...It's my hobby. The look on their faces was fright on this one- that was too much-even for me.

MERCMAN
11-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Dan, I owned a 1973 Olds hearse. Bought it for 500. back in the late '80s. Still had orig brakes on it. I am not a GM fan, but that was a sweet car. Took it to time trials at the Indy 500 for a number of years. It still had the curtains and the casket rollers in it. I put a sheet of plywood in the back and carpeted it and installed a KILLER stereo system in it. It had the rocket 455 engine in it and it was quite the highway cruiser. One thing I could never figure out was why they put a slide window from the front to the back.:lol: My kids were the only ones in town that got to trick-or-treat from the back of a hearse. Of course the hospital frowned on my driving it to work, so I made my then wife drive it(hmm, perhaps that is the reason I am now single) The funniest thing I ever had happen to me when I owned it was while parking it at a large mall in Indy, I got out and locked all doors front and back, there was a fellow sitting in his car parked behind me, he stuck his head out the window and said," what you locking that up for? It would take a low MF to steal something out of THAT car." I kept that car for 4 years and did nothing ut normal maintainance on it. I sold it for 500. to a guy that was going to customize it. I hope you won the auction, nothing like having a car that can haul as much as a PU truck and have it covered as well.

Good luck!!! :beer:

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 08:57 AM
I hope you won the auction, nothing like having a car that can haul as much as a PU truck and have it covered as well.
We share a common mind on this type of vehicle. I saw it as filled to the brim with potential. The family saw it as filled to the brim with evil spirits and body fuilds. The Jag will be fun too but when the teenagers move away- I'll buy a big block hearse. Oh yes, I'll own one someday...

MAD-3R's Wife
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
I am real sorry to see anyone loose such a great machine. We have been looking at picking up hearse for a few years. We just need to be able to afford one and a place to park it. Of course there is also the '71 Buick Riviera for me and I think he said something about a '69 Marauder for him. But first things first, jobs and a nice house to park all these.

Mike Poore
11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
I am real sorry to see anyone loose such a great machine. We have been looking at picking up hearse for a few years. We just need to be able to afford one and a place to park it. Of course there is also the '71 Buick Riviera for me and I think he said something about a '69 Marauder for him. But first things first, jobs and a nice house to park all these.

:) :) :) HEY EVERYBODY!!! It's Tasha!!! How's Texas, the trip, MAD, all your stuff? Great to see a post from you guys! Welcome home! .....mike barb & john:hug2:

2003 MIB
11-18-2004, 05:42 PM
:) :) :) HEY EVERYBODY!!! It's Tasha!!! How's Texas, the trip, MAD, all your stuff? Great to see a post from you guys! Welcome home! .....mike barb & john:hug2:
:hijack: and I couldn't care less. I imagine they're feeling a little homesick...Any other CAM folks want to chime in? All welcome!

RCSignals
11-19-2004, 12:30 AM
That was a close one Dan. You want a Hearse. That Caddy is a Hearst

1983 Cadillac : Other Models HEARST

Cadillac : HEARST

2003 MIB
11-19-2004, 08:11 AM
That was a close one Dan. You want a Hearse. That Caddy is a Hearst
Sigh- I could have named her "Patty".

merc406
11-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Up here in the M0t0r City we have what looks like a little club of hearse's. They are built like a brick s :censor: thouse, after repairing an '88 Caddy, I felt like I was ready for a dirtnap myself. Eveything feels twice as heavy as it should be. Take that top and cut it behind the rear door you'd have a working pickup, for cheap, never seen one go for much more than 5 grand.

Ross
11-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Take that top and cut it behind the rear door you'd have a working pickup, for cheap, never seen one go for much more than 5 grand.

That reminds me of the "old days" down here in Texas. You would occassionally see a Caddy that had been chopped and turned into a "luxury pickup."

merc406
11-19-2004, 09:39 AM
That reminds me of the "old days" down here in Texas. You would occassionally see a Caddy that had been chopped and turned into a "luxury pickup."

The Caddy flower car they make would be a great pickup, but I have never seen one 4sale...... :rasta:

RVT04
11-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I THINK A BLOWN 455 IN THE BACK WITH A TRANSAXLE OUT OF A DEVILLE WOULD BE A REAL SCREAMER WHEELIE BARS OPTIONAL
SHADES OF THE HURST OLDS TORONADO UH I THINK I HAVE THAT CENTERFOLD IN AN OLD HOT ROD MAG SOMEWHERE

Mike Poore
11-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Dan, Coli's gonna love this, and it solves two problems. She gets the Jag, and you get your hearse! ;)

Remember the cult film "Harold and Maude"? ..you guys might be too young, but it's a 1971 film about a suicidal rich kid who has an affair with an 80 something year old woman. His manipulative mother buys him a Jag XKE which he chops and turns into a hearse. Great flick BTW :coolman: http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/5862/harold.htm

See Dan? You could take Coli's Jag and ......well never mind. :rofl:

2003 MIB
11-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Dan, Coli's gonna love this, and it solves two problems. She gets the Jag, and you get your hearse! ;)

Remember the cult film "Harold and Maude"? ..you guys might be too young, but it's a 1971 film about a suicidal rich kid who has an affair with an 80 something year old woman. His manipulative mother buys him a Jag XKE which he chops and turns into a hearse. Great flick BTW :coolman: http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/5862/harold.htm

YOU are my new hero!

merc406
11-19-2004, 01:44 PM

That was a funny weird movie, or a wierd funny movie, if I remember he drove it off a cliff.

Edit....it's in trivia

2003 WIB
11-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with Dan but he will be much too busy putting Christmas lights on the house and decorating for the holidays. :D

Ross
11-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with Dan but he will be much too busy putting Christmas lights on the house and decorating for the holidays. :D

Dan, do what I do. Pay some high school kid from church to climb up on the house and put up the lights. He gets a few bucks, and I don't have to pretend that I'm still young and agile by crawling around where I don't belong!
:2thumbs:

merc406
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Dan, do what I do. Pay some high school kid from church to climb up on the house and put up the lights. He gets a few bucks, and I don't have to pretend that I'm still young and agile by crawling around where I don't belong!
:2thumbs:

Or hire Tim Taylor like I do to do mine :lol:

Mike Poore
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM

OOPS! Busted! I didn't know you were monitoring, Coli. I'll um, send further sugestions about how to improve your Jag via secret email(s);)

Here's where Barb would say, "just watch it, buster!" :banned:

2003 MIB
11-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I liked the internet better when I was single.:rolleyes:

RVT04
11-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I liked the internet better when I was single.:rolleyes:
ok so a blown 455 in the back seat of the jag; i have pictures somewhere...
sorry Coli , i couldn't resist