PDA

View Full Version : the Movie "Ray"

bigslim
11-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I went today and say the movie "Ray". I must say that Jamie Foxx did an excellent job on this movie and should be looking for an Oscar nomination for his work in it portraying music legend Ray Charles. I think this is a must see movie for all. Now I can't wait for Kevin Spacey playing Bobby Darin this X-Mas.

Donny Carlson
11-12-2004, 11:57 PM
I went today and say the movie "Ray". I must say that Jamie Foxx did an excellent job on this movie and should be looking for an Oscar nomination for his work in it portraying music legend Ray Charles. I think this is a must see movie for all. Now I can't wait for Kevin Spacey playing Bobby Darin this X-Mas.

Ohhh, THAT Ray! I thought you saw a movie about The Dealer! :)

SergntMac
11-13-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this film myself, Ray Charles' music was a big influence in my life.

tomd
11-13-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this film myself, Ray Charles' music was a big influence in my life.

Pick up the sound track from the movie called "Ray" great songs! :)

Smokie
11-13-2004, 05:19 AM
In my opinion when Ray sang Georgia.....it was one of the best songs I have heard in my life. Deep....real deep.

stevengerard
11-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Fantastic movie, just know that in occasionally its disturbing, what Ray and his family lived through was unbelievable (and a shame). I also brought the kids to see the incredibles, awesome movie too, and I'm getting the sound track to both of these movies.

MYSTA KANG
11-13-2004, 11:22 PM
I must say that I have been in the dark to Rays music for a long time. After seeing the movie, I just went and purchased the entire set with every song he performed during his career. I must say that im in a whole new world. That man was a real artist. One song that stands out to me is "I believe in my soul", Until seeing the movie I didnt know it existed...........furthermore I didnt know he sung the women tracks also on that song.

Great movie, I love it because it was real. Ray Charles let the world see the real Ray and not what we seen on camera.

Amsoil_Dealer
11-15-2004, 08:56 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I am looking forward to it. I have been a Jamie Foxx fan ever since his "In Living Color" days and have heard from other sources that he does a great job in thus film.

Don