PDA

View Full Version : Atten: Astro/Safari owners

RF Overlord
11-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know what's happened to www.astrosafari.com ? The site's been down for over a week...

OK, I'll supply the first wise-ass answer:

1). Maybe they started a supercharger thread and their server melted down.

Marauder386
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Forgot to purge the nitrous system on the Pentium 2 processor that runs their server ?? :cool:

Bradley G
11-15-2004, 01:48 PM
They hired the same company KB did?? Bradley G

RF Overlord
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
BTW everyone, although smartypants answers are always (well, USUALLY) welcomed, I am hoping someone will supply a REAL one... I drive one of those silly Tonka-toys at work, and I visit that site occasionally for useful tidbits.

TripleTransAm
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
They forgot to mention that a quality-control recall that could result in a vehicle fire also affected their servers, and they subsequently burned to the ground...

TAF
11-15-2004, 04:08 PM
I drive one of those silly Tonka-toys at work, and I visit that site occasionally for useful tidbits.
and you admit it? :P

woaface
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Well at least it was a good reason, I was about to ask WTF any one here would be doing looking around for a site like that.

Bigdogjim
11-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Real Companys use Econoline's:):):)

CRUZTAKER
11-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Try going to a competing site and post a thread. I did this regarding a site that once went down for no apparent reason, well...aside from the lack of moderating and complete child like atmosphere....and it turned out to be a financial issue.

Perhaps that is what happened there. A money issue?

RF Overlord
11-15-2004, 05:07 PM
The company I work for wants its network techs to have AWD, and this is the cheapest *****box they can buy... :rolleyes: :help:

...and Barry? You mentioned going to a competing site...do you REALLY think there's enough interest in this crate to support TWO sites? :lol:

Bigdogjim
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
The company I work for wants its network techs to have AWD, and this is the cheapest *****box they can buy... :rolleyes: :help:

I know I fight tooth and nail for up scale van's for my crews :help:

If the bean counters only knew :banned:

Bradley G
11-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm very sorry for the Smart azz answer!!!!:o

Bradley G

BTW everyone, although smartypants answers are always (well, USUALLY) welcomed, I am hoping someone will supply a REAL one... I drive one of those silly Tonka-toys at work, and I visit that site occasionally for useful tidbits.

RF Overlord
11-17-2004, 02:38 PM
In case anyone gives a turkey, the site was back up this morning...something about taking down their server without warning, and the site admin hadn't done a backup since June, so 4 months worth of posts are now lost... :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
I thought that they shut down the site just like they announced the Shut Down of the Broening Highway Plant here in Baltimore (where they build, at least for now, the Safari/Astro vans).
Imagine that...GM doesn't change the Design of the Astro/Safari for 20 YEARS and low & behold sales drop to nothing.....forcing the closure and subsequent elimination of 1,100 jobs!!!

MarauderMark
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Aw thats ashame ! i was going to say thanks for saying something about the site as i never knew there was a site about them .Good thing i don't own one. :rolleyes: