PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Going Back to School...

FordNut
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Never thought it would happen. After spending 11 years struggling with part-time school while working fulltime to get my BS in engineering I figured it was over. And it had been a nice break having a little spare time to go to the races, fix up my car, go to Marauderville, have the Southern Marauder Breakfasts, etc.

But now I'm thinking about part-time graduate school. There is a program tailored perfectly for my company and my working conditions whereby I can get a MBA in 16 months, and work on 3 major projects specifically designed around my workplace. Since nobody in my company has a business background I believe this is a great opportunity.

Now to convince myself that 16 months isn't that long...

What am I gonna be when I grow up? I dunno 'cause I ain't never gonna grow up!

martyo
11-15-2004, 07:49 PM
As the Nike ad says: JUST DO IT!

jgc61sr2002
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
It's never too late to get a degree. I went back to school almost 30yrs after graduating from H.S. and earned two degrees. I actually enjoyed it once I got started. Good luck.

Glenn
11-15-2004, 08:18 PM
When to graduate night school for 4 hard, long years to get my MBA. I never regretted it. It has opened numerous doors for me in my life. Now if I can only learn to spell.

Glenn

Bradley G
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey Brian,

From a product of two school teachers,and a three time college drop out .You will be so happy if you follow your heart and go for it!!

Bradley
P S everyone in my family; parents and sister are/ were masters degree achievers so I am the Black sheep of the family:coolman:

Bigdogjim
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Nothing ventured nothing gained.....................

Best of luck!

Zim Hosein
11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Nothing ventured nothing gained.....................

Best of luck!
Well said Bigdogjim! :beer:

Best of luck to you FordNut, I'm back in school again after a few years off and while it isn't easy, it is refreshing :)

stevengerard
11-15-2004, 09:27 PM
16 months is nothing for an MBA go for it.

Patrick
11-15-2004, 11:52 PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grad: :2thumbs:

67435animal
11-16-2004, 02:10 AM
Never thought it would happen. After spending 11 years struggling with part-time school while working fulltime to get my BS in engineering I figured it was over. And it had been a nice break having a little spare time to go to the races, fix up my car, go to Marauderville, have the Southern Marauder Breakfasts, etc.

But now I'm thinking about part-time graduate school. There is a program tailored perfectly for my company and my working conditions whereby I can get a MBA in 16 months, and work on 3 major projects specifically designed around my workplace. Since nobody in my company has a business background I believe this is a great opportunity.

Now to convince myself that 16 months isn't that long...

What am I gonna be when I grow up? I dunno 'cause I ain't never gonna grow up!

Brian, this is one heck of an opportunity for you. Take it now or you may regret it.

Good luck!!

Bob

SergntMac
11-16-2004, 05:19 AM
I earned ny degree at 45, not 25, and I am glad it happened this way. Too much booksmart without enough real time experience lets a lot of the important stuff slip by. Best time to learn something is when you want to know it. Best wishes.

Bradley G
11-16-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey Mac.

So..............ya just graduated ... Nice ........Maybe there hope for Me!:rolleyes:
Bradley G

I earned ny degree at 45, not 25, and I am glad it happened this way. Too much booksmart without enough real time experience lets a lot of the important stuff slip by. Best time to learn something is when you want to know it. Best wishes.