PDA

View Full Version : Update--One Week After Steroid Injections

Ross
11-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Well, it has been one week since I had the steroid injections for my herniated disc. The doctor who did them said not to expect any results for about a week, so it's time for an update.
I'm not back to my previous butt-kicking form, but I do feel a little relief. A week ago, when I walked from my car to my office (maybe 100 yards), I would be in severe pain. Today I walked from my office to my car and back, just to see how it would feel. I still have noticeable pain, but it is now less for the round trip than it was before for the one way trip.
Also, I notice that I can lie down in bed without as much pain, meaning that I can actually sleep. Don't have to tell you how great that feels for a change!
Doc said to call him after 2 weeks to tell him how I feel, and we will decide what to do next. So far, so good.
Thanks to all of my friends for their prayers and support. Praise God for His grace and healing.

Bluerauder
11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Well, it has been one week since I had the steroid injections for my herniated disc. The doctor who did them said not to expect any results for about a week, so it's time for an update.
I'm not back to my previous butt-kicking form, but I do feel a little relief. A week ago, when I walked from my car to my office (maybe 100 yards), I would be in severe pain. Today I walked from my office to my car and back, just to see how it would feel. I still have noticeable pain, but it is now less for the round trip than it was before for the one way trip.
Also, I notice that I can lie down in bed without as much pain, meaning that I can actually sleep. Don't have to tell you how great that feels for a change!
Doc said to call him after 2 weeks to tell him how I feel, and we will decide what to do next. So far, so good.
Thanks to all of my friends for their prayers and support. Praise God for His grace and healing.
Ross, glad to hear that the pain appears to be easing up somewhat and that you are getting some uninterrupted sleep. It'll probably be a slow climb until you are back to your "butt kicking" self. :D Maybe you should start a list so that the butt-kickings can be scheduled accordingly. :rofl:

Bradley G
11-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey Ross Glad to hear you're improving!

Keep it up ! :D
Bradley G

Ross
11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Maybe you should start a list so that the butt-kickings can be scheduled accordingly. :rofl:

Oh, please, the list would be so long that I could never get to all of them!

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Ahh, good to hear. And sleep.....I hear ya there....mmmm, sleep :sleepy:

Dr Caleb
11-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Good to hear Ross. Perhaps the Doctor could give you a booster 'crotchety' injection to help with the 'butt kicking' recovery ;)

Ross
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Dawn says that I am already a crotchety old fart. As a matter of fact, sometimes that's one of the nicer things she says about me! :rolleyes:

jaywish
11-18-2004, 02:33 PM
EZ man, take it real easy.

Jay

Smokie
11-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear some healing is taking place !!! You go slow, let the Marauder handle the fast stuff....:drive:

TAF
11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Great news Ross...glad to hear the progress. :up:

Patrick
11-19-2004, 02:30 AM
Keep hanging in thier!!!!!!!!

martyo
11-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Ross: I am glad to hear that you had good results with the steroids. Todd won't admit it, but I think that he was less than pleased with the results of his own steroid use:

Ross
11-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Ross: I am glad to hear that you had good results with the steroids. Todd won't admit it, but I think that he was less than pleased with the results of his own steroid use:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I needed that!

jgc61sr2002
11-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Ross - I am glad to hear the results are positive. :D

Haggis
11-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Dawn says that I am already a crotchety old fart. As a matter of fact, sometimes that's one of the nicer things she says about me! :rolleyes:

Ross I wouldn't call you crotchety...

glad to hear you are felling a little better, hang in there.

Donny Carlson
11-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey Ross, my pet Squirrel "Taffy" needed steriod injections, and look what happened to him!

http://cameltoe.bolt.com/images/squirrel.jpg

jgc61sr2002
11-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Ross, my pet Squirrel "Taffy" needed steriod injections, and look what happened to him!

http://cameltoe.bolt.com/images/squirrel.jpg

Donny - Very funny. :D

martyo
11-20-2004, 05:28 AM
My pet Squirrel "Taffy"...

Now that's funny! :D

Ross
11-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Donny, I can only dream of side effects like that! :beer:

Patrick
11-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Well off to the Doc......... Maybe thats all I need. :lol: :lol: