PDA

View Full Version : New Mustang

Paul T. Casey
11-19-2004, 03:33 PM
After carefully going over our financial situation, and coming to the conclusion that we don't nearly have a high enough debt to earnings ratio, today my wife became the latest owner of an '05 Mustang. She went with the 6 cyl. package, legend lime of course, with the interior and spoiler/strip package. Test drove one, surprisingly peppy for a six, and the new platform handles as well as advertised. Only downer, delivery won't be for at least 8 weeks, probably more. But, as usual, life is good!

TripleTransAm
11-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Congrats to mrs.Casey. I'm interested in one item, particularly... what kind of real-world MPG the new V6 will deliver. If you happen to get around to calculating an average city consumption, I'd be interested in knowing it.

Paul T. Casey
11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Steve, that'll be no problem. It does seem to get up and go. Transmission program is cool too! WOT shifts are near the red line (1-2, 2-3), and silky. Don't know about the 3-4 due to the excessive speed generated getting there combined with Mrs. Casey's respect for the local speed laws :rolleyes: , but this automatic is the real deal.

Mike Poore
11-19-2004, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=Paul T. Casey] my wife became the latest owner of an '05 Mustang. She went with the 6 cyl. package, legend lime of course, with the interior and spoiler/strip package. Test drove one, surprisingly peppy for a six, and the new platform handles as well as advertised. QUOTE]

Hey look, my '88 5.0 LX was 225hp and I thought it was very fast. These new V6 'stangs aren't far from that ...stock. It's a great package, congratulations. (add a whipple huffer and it becomes a great very fast package)
:burn:

CRUZTAKER
11-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Cool man. Post pics when it gets home!

MI2QWK4U
11-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Good deal!

I think a new 05 or 06 Mustang GT is going to join my stable next year...I bought the Mach cause I didnt like the look of the 05, but it has really caught my eye and now I have to have it....Luckily the wife didnt castrate me, but just rolled her eyes and mumbled something about Isnt Jerry working on a supercharger for that one too? YEP!

TAF
11-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Now we're talkin'! The lovely Mrs. Casey sportin' around in a new 'Stang? That's killer! Way to go Paul!!! :up:

bigslim
11-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Good deal!

I think a new 05 or 06 Mustang GT is going to join my stable next year...I bought the Mach cause I didnt like the look of the 05, but it has really caught my eye and now I have to have it....Luckily the wife didnt castrate me, but just rolled her eyes and mumbled something about Isnt Jerry working on a supercharger for that one too? YEP!
Told you you would like it. I guess someone is gonna get a good price on that Mach 1. :D

MI2QWK4U
11-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Told you you would like it. I guess someone is gonna get a good price on that Mach 1. :D

Hell no, the Mach isnt going anywhere. Neither is the 85 GT, or the Marauder. Doesnt everyone buy a new high tech supercharged Musclecar every 2 years to add to his/her fleet?

bigslim
11-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Hell no, the Mach isnt going anywhere. Neither is the 85 GT, or the Marauder. Doesnt everyone buy a new high tech supercharged Musclecar every 2 years to add to his/her fleet?
What did you do your week away from here? Help Donald Trump fire people?

Murader03
11-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Yep! I saw a Grey GT at work the other night. Was in the dark, but the car stands out. Didn't like the color though. Never got a chance to talk to the new owner yet. Also heard him leave the next evening. Didn't sound much different than my MM with the Flowmasters. Put the Mustang screen saver on my home PC, wife saw it this morning, and says, "Oh! Are we back to the Mustang again?" If I hadn't have had to bail out her daughter, maybe I'd have one ordered by now. One can dream......Oh Santa!

Silver_04
11-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Post some pictures of the dash with different backlighting colors. I need to get to a dealer so I can see that in person.

O's Fan Rich
11-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Ooooooooooooo,
I'm jealous.
I'm hoping that one is in my future also... but not the 6'er.
8 weeks will seem like a freakin' year!! Man those cars are sharp! :banana2:
You get a few more bananas!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana2: :banana2:

merc406
11-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Roy O'Brien's had a black one sittin out front last week, very cool lookin, this car will sell like hotcakes! :coolman:

Patrick
11-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Awsome Paul. Cant wait to see the pics!!! The dealership here just got one in but no GT. Ford did good. On your way home remember I owe ya a Dinner.