PDA

View Full Version : Next Car?

SouLRioT
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Ok, I'm just wondering what your next car will/would be inaddtion to your MM. . Also please inclued if you've bought a car in the last 6 months. And no this is not for anthing more than me looking at a poll, its just an interesting poll to see where everyone is at.

Bigdogjim
11-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Will be replacing my F-150 with a 4X4 version:):):)

Don't use the Marauder as a daliy ride :P

Slowpoke
11-26-2004, 10:23 AM
since I won't be in the market for another car for 6 or 7 years, I figure I will just get me a used Maybach.

MM03MOK
11-26-2004, 10:28 AM
They haven't made it yet.

TechHeavy
11-26-2004, 11:21 AM

My thoughts exactly Bigdog. I'd like to replace my 2-wheel drive GMC pick-up with a 4x4 version for the winter and rainy days.

Mike Poore
11-26-2004, 12:10 PM

Hey Big, wait until you see my 02 F-150 4x4 Sport Lightning look-alike at Big Bats. BTW, if Ray has my pieces-parts in, are you gonna bring them along? We could use them for show & tell. (it's the coil cover thingeys) Um, you could drag Ray along, also. ;)

Logan
11-26-2004, 12:18 PM
As silly as it sounds, I'm currently Marauderless. Driving a silly little 03 Taurus right now.

After two Marauders, I just HAVE to drive something else for a wee bit... So, I'm going to go get a C6 vette for a bit. The Taurus will probably get turfed in the spring for another Silver 04...

My previous beast sold a little unexpectedly on me just before moving to Austin, so didn't have much of a chance to get something cool so I just said screw it and bought a used Taurus... :)

Mike Poore
11-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, I'm just wondering what your next car will/would be inaddtion to your MM. . Also please inclued if you've bought a car in the last 6 months. And no this is not for anthing more than me looking at a poll, its just an interesting poll to see where everyone is at.We're going to be replacing Barb's Aviator the last year they make them, and most likely, I'll be getting another Cobra. When I win the supercharger, it's going on my '02 F-150/5sp 4x4. Also, there's a 300hp 327 '67 Vette roadster in my future.

"So many cars, so few garages." (only 12 bays)

NAVCHAP
11-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Gotta have a manual transmission! Another Volvo wagon, the V70R with AWD, or a Caddy V spec CTS. Not in a hurry to buy right now, actually have too many cars and need to sell a couple. Hobbies are fun, but this hobby is consuming too much of my time right now, LOL! -kjs-

Eric91Z
11-26-2004, 01:54 PM
This is an easy one since I don't yet own a Marauder:

My Next Vehicle: '04 Marauder to replace my '92 Accord (or in addition to the Accord)

Wife's Next Vehicle: used '04 or newer Lincoln Navigator to replace the '00 Durango AWD with 4.7 Magnum V8 - although this will be a couple years down the road. Want something bigger and better for towing with interior room for the family (3 currently, with at least one on the way, and 2 BIG black labs). And has to be able to tow about 6500 pounds of boat.

RoyLPita
11-26-2004, 03:01 PM
I recently acquired a few CVPIs to fix up and sell. If they run better than my GM, I might keep one and sell the rest. I might try to pick up another CVPI that had the engine and tranny replaced when it gets traded in for an '05 CVPI.
After all this, I might have a nice down payment for a used MM or newer CVPI.

Poll doesn't apply to my ramblings of acquiring multiple vehicles.

Bootlegger
11-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I 'll probadly buy Carfixers Blackwood.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tallboy
11-26-2004, 03:49 PM
you mean mrs. carfixer's blackwood, right?:D

Bluerauder
11-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I'll be looking to unload the 1995 Ford E-150 Conversion Van. Seem to be leaning toward a mid-size SUV in the Expedition class. Was interested in the Aviator until I heard here that they have rear end problems. Don't think that I can spring for a Navigator ... yet. But who knows, the wife may just want a nice little F-150 to tool around in. :D In any event, I am still probably 12 months away from another vehicle.

2003DOHC
11-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Purchased a 2001 Ranger last August,as the Marauder is not my daily driver!

Haggis
11-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Well Chris and I have been looking at a F-250 Superduty Harley Davidson edition for the last year or so. We will make the decision when her, my commuter, '95 Explorer finally dies, so far so good running strong at 166,000+ miles. Watching Horsepower TV and Trucks on Spike TV has really given me some ideas. Those 6.0 Diesels can really put out some power. :burnout: :banana:

Besides I miss my old F-150. :alone:

CBT
11-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Hmmm. If I can find one in decent shape that hasn't been thrashed over the years, and the price was right, I'd get an SS Le Car GTO/AAR. And it would have to have the following Hi-Po options: 4-4-2 Hemi package, Daytona Superbird style Wing (on the front AND back), WS-6 suspension, RAM air, radio delete, A/C delete, the Rebel Flag 01 paint job, luggage rack, and ladder bars. If anyone knows of one....:bs:

SouLRioT
11-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Well, since I started this thread, I figured I should state wht I'd problly buy next. I plan on keep my MM for quite some time, have someone who said they want to buy my car in 10 years since they no I'll keep it in good conditon. So as a car to compelment the MM, I was thinking a pickup of a small little manual coupe. Not sure yet since it will be 3 or so years till I buy another car. Thanks to all who've answered the poll so far.

SergntMac
11-26-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't have a plan right now, but if I did, it would not include selling my Kenny Brown #1x.

My daily driver today is a '91 Gran Marquis with a 5.0 engine, AOD, and 80K, and I don't see me driving it after the Spring of '05. It's a good car, and I love the box look. But, it bores me. I'm not a retired dentist...We'll see?

The '05 Mustang GT is tempting, and like Keith (NAVCHAP), I long to shift gears again. If a supercharger kit is developed for this car by March '05, I may be in serious trouble.

Car styling at large is so sedate these days, everyone is into "same differences." Car styling on mood inhibitors, the classic changes are gone, it's low suprize at the car show. All the designers must be on blood pressure meds.

Remember when every model year meant major shock? Look at the Impala from '60 to '70, you could name the car a mile away, and nothing interchanged. Must have been too many wrongful death lawsuits from seniors visiting new car showrooms.

After '92, our big three went "kidney bean" across the board and now, "major change" means "I got map pockets, you don't." The one thing I like about the 300C and Magnum, is that it has a classic shock change to it. That big silly stupid grill "grin" that says "Hi, I'm Tommy Tokyo, I'll be your waiter this evening..." At least it's not a kidney bean.

I've always had a latent fantasy of buying a brand new Gran Marquis and installing our Marauder powertrain covert. Wouldn't that be shocking? Even considered supercharging my '91 just for giggles and grins. It's such a pig anyway, even 6 pounds of boost would do. Just let me roast the tires at the stoplight? Oh yeaaaah...A triple tan "golfer" GM, but with an MM heart and soul. Compass...Plastic Jesus...Reflective AAA and State Farm bumper stickers on each end of my "Wall Drug," unproportionally unspaced donchakno. I'll even add the "I got Pings" baseball cap to the back shelf, yeah, and a "I Found It" sticker as well. Yeah, I found it...Now do you get it?

I dunno, ask me again in March? I gotta go lay down now...

Bootlegger
11-26-2004, 05:37 PM
you mean mrs. carfixer's blackwood, right?:D
Yeah, thats what i meant, i justed didn't want to stomp on Claude too hard...

TX Harley Guy
11-26-2004, 06:28 PM
If I had to buy new right it would be a Siverado VHO, a neighbor bought one, its the only one Ive ever seen other that ads on tv. It looks like an Ext Cab Silverado right down to the chrome bumpers, grill, moldings ect but sits a little lower, maybe an inch, has some SS looking chrome 20 inch wheels, the best part, it has the SSs 345 hp 6.0 engine with no all wheel drive system, its 2wd!
By the time I need a new one hopefully the Lightning and S/C F150 Harley will be back in prodution

Rob1559
11-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I am waiting for this!

Patrick
11-26-2004, 06:50 PM
I am waiting for this!

Right on the Nail!!!!!!! Once MM is paid for that is my next project!!!

Trade MM.................
:nono: :nono: :nono: :down:

Silver_04
11-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm done buying cars as 5 new cars in 3.5 years is enough for now. However, I'm curious to see how much green the new Z06 is going to cost and I'm also very interested in seeing what FoMoCo does with the Panthers over the next couple of years. I would absolutely love to see a crazy powerful Crown Vic come out as the Galaxie...drool.

*snip*So, I'm going to go get a C6 vette for a bit. *snip*

What color? Please tell me it will be LeMans Blue...that is just beautiful on the C6's.

dwasson
11-26-2004, 07:44 PM
If I can get a decent job before I dip into capital I'm getting a Honda S2000. Gotta love the little hyper cars.

merc406
11-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Already got one gas gusslin Marauder,and other fine gas gusslin Lincoln's, figure I'll wait for the new Yugo coming out to level out the gas bills.

GordonB
11-26-2004, 09:59 PM
OK,
I bought one MM in summer 2003 and another one in summer 2004. Now I have to pay for them suckers!!!! And now I have to think about another NEW car/truck???? Duh!!!!
Well, if I have to name a new one I'd like in 3 or 4 years, I guess I'd consider a new Mustang or if a break the budget, a new Corvette Coupe. By then the kinks will have been ironed out of BOTH new cars!!

GordonB