PDA

View Full Version : Wheel storage covers

CRUZTAKER
11-29-2004, 11:59 AM
I found these today at my local Harbor Freight outlet. They are a 4pc canvas wheel cover set. There is a pre-bent flexible metal arm within the canvas that makes for a snug fit on the tire. The canvas is thick.

For $10 I couldn't resist. One of the better finds on my list.;)
Makes for a nice stocking stuffer!
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627MM_001_Large_-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627MM_002_Large_-med.jpg

MERCMAN
11-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok Barry, just have to ask. If your car is stored in the garage, what is the benefit of these covers? I know that vehicles stored outside will have rubber breakdown from UV exposure, but are they just used as "dust covers " in the garage? No flame intended here, just wondering. :help:

Black 04
11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey Barry,

I went to HarberFreight.com and I can see the covers but they say they cover the wheel up to 16". They show two types, one is storm proof for $14.99 and a cotton type for $10.00, but they both say for tires up to 16". Did you have any problems? According to your picture it looks like it is covering the whole wheel.

Thanks,
Ray

mrjones
11-29-2004, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=CRUZTAKER]I found these today at my local Harbor Freight outlet. They are a 4pc canvas wheel cover set. There is a pre-bent flexible metal arm within the canvas that makes for a snug fit on the tire. The canvas is thick.

I'm just curious about the car cover. I just bought one from Sam's for my Mustang that looks like the one in your pic. Is yours from Sam's also?

jgc61sr2002
11-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Barry - They are great, especially if you store your car outside for long periods of time. Couldn't go wrong for $10.00. :D

CRUZTAKER
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
The covers are on the wheels even though the car is in the garage because I tend to leave the garage door open while I spend long days outside. The side door gets blocked by the MM, so the only way in and out is the front.

I have had cats enter my garage, including my own, while I am working in the yard, (big yard), and I have occationally forgot to close the door at night. These are my security blankets.

And yes, they do apparently fit. The ones I found were item #30041, and I believe they were advertised for 16" wheels.

As far as the cover. I cannot specifically remember where I got it. But it was purchased many years back for another car. I want to say I got it at K-MART and it was a generic thin cloth cover for 'large' cars UP TO 17'. It was super cheap. It is strictly for dry use only as it is a linen type cloth. I only use it for dust prevention while sitting extended in the barn, and while I am at meets staying in hotels overnight. It works ok for outside to keep the dew to a minimum. But it gets wet. I just throw it over the shower curtain rod to dry.
During the winter, it gets cold around here....I can't bear to see her out there in that cold barn.:rolleyes: So she gets heavy quilted moving blankets to protect the exterior from daddy accidents over the winter.

I know I'm insane....but atleast I'm a happy idiot! :baaa:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627MM_Large_-med.jpg

Bigdogjim
11-29-2004, 09:43 PM
During the winter, it gets cold around here....I can't bear to see her out there in that cold barn.:rolleyes: So she gets heavy quilted moving blankets to protect the exterior from daddy accidents over the winter.

I know I'm insane....but atleast I'm a happy idiot! :baaa:

NO your not insane.

One only has to look at your Marauder to know that:up: