PDA

View Full Version : Snow shoes on the way

HwyCruiser
11-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, what I've been dreading has finally arrived...

We had a bunch of snow for Thanksgiving in KC, so much our block lost power most of the day. I was in Denver visiting the in-laws and enjoying the long weekend and managed to miss it all, but caught a little bit of it today.

I could tell that the 4.10s and PI TC w/ the BFG's aren't going to make for a good winter driving combination... I just barely made it through the worst days of last winter totally stock.

I ordered up a set of the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50's 235/55/18 to mount on the stock wheels (linked through the site of course) due to clearance issues with the Wilwoods. I should have bought BlueOval's when I had the chance :depress:.

I'll post an opinion once I get them mounted and tested in the white stuff. I hope we don't get dumped on until I get the new winter snow shoes on.

- JD

rayjay
12-01-2004, 12:41 AM
The weather around here has been weird. We normally start getting our usual dose of snow that stays around near Thanksgiving time. Between Thanksgiving and this past Sunday we received a reported 6" of rain. Its raining again and no snow in the forecast till tomorrow night. I've had my snows on for three weeks and have not had a opportunity to see how they work. At least every day without snow is one less to deal with :) , but I do hate cold rain, especially if I get stuck out in it.