PDA

View Full Version : Got ripped off on Ebay..any LEO help here?

DeadVic
12-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi guys-

if this needs moved to another thread, my apologies.

I bought some stuff on ebay and the scum ran off. If any LEO or anyone else on here can assist with obtaining contact info, please help.

PM me. I have name, address and Drivers License number for Minnesota. I have their non-working cell number as well. would love to get a home phone number but it's unlisted.

They are in suburban Minneapolis.

Thanks in advance.

shakes_26
12-03-2004, 01:49 PM
go to this site and report his ass

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/dvs/DriverLicense/DL%20Info/DL%20frame.htm

I would also make sure you report him on ebay.

You could also, since you have his DL# place and identitiy theft report with the MN DOT, so if he gets pulled over, he'd have some questiosn to answer.... but thats only of yer mean, spiteful, and downright vengeful.... what you waiting for?

good luck, I could help you in NY, but MN I have no contacts...

danbike
12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
The contact info tab on eBay lets you get the name and address of the creep. When someone tried to stick me, I called the local police and asked to lodge a complaint against the person. The police knew all about the guy and went over to his house and suggested that he ship the merchandise. Now, that's what I call community service.:beer:

MYSTA KANG
12-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Dang. After reading this I am uneasy on my purchase I just made. I hope this guy is legit he did seen me the tracking number but he put the wrong addy down. Well i will just have to wait and see.

By the way is it me or does the seller log in under another name and try to drive the bid up on the item. Its mighty funny I had a war against a guy who never has purchased any item ever but he stood in with the auction until I let my nuts hang and got what i wanted.

jgc61sr2002
12-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Dang. After reading this I am uneasy on my purchase I just made. I hope this guy is legit he did seen me the tracking number but he put the wrong addy down. Well i will just have to wait and see.

By the way is it me or does the seller log in under another name and try to drive the bid up on the item. Its mighty funny I had a war against a guy who never has purchased any item ever but he stood in with the auction until I let my nuts hang and got what i wanted.

IMO most of the sellers on Ebay are legit. There is always someone who will scew up a good thing. Definitely make a report to Ebay. Hope it works out for you.

Petrograde
12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I always check the seller's feedback. After reading several negative comments, I'll move on the next seller.

Marauder8
12-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Most E Bayers are good.............

Logan
12-03-2004, 08:13 PM
As suggested, call the local police there in MN and ask them for help. A visit from the law tends to inspire co-operation and all without you having to even get off the couch. ;)

SouLRioT
12-03-2004, 08:47 PM
One other thing you could do is if you sent mony through the mail, you could get the postal inspectors involved aswell. That way you can get some feds on him too.

DEFYANT
12-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Can you post this muts ebay info?

teamrope
12-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I always check the seller's feedback. After reading several negative comments, I'll move on the next seller.
Same here. If he's a power seller, I'll be a little more lenient on neg feedback, but never below 95% pos rating.

teamrope
12-03-2004, 11:47 PM

By the way is it me or does the seller log in under another name and try to drive the bid up on the item. Its mighty funny I had a war against a guy who never has purchased any item ever but he stood in with the auction until I let my nuts hang and got what i wanted.:eek: Me and linda share the account since you can only register one per e-mail address. Any of yous run up the bid on onebabygirl83 and Linda's liable to :bop: ya!

All joking aside, that is illegal, but hard to prove. I would still report it to ebay. It does sound kind of suspicious.

FiveO
12-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Too bad he doesn't answer his PM's.

DeadVic
12-04-2004, 05:56 AM
sorry Five-O. I had more important things to do last night. Went to the Autorama here in town. Met Ben Jones (Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard) . Nice guy. Bought a cool retro Mercury Sales and Service porcelin (sp?) sign.

I was able to obtain her work number. Called her late yesterday and she's lying her ass off. Said she mailed it. She gave me a USPS tracking number on my voicemail later yesterday. It doesn't match any records. I do know it takes some time to get that tracking number into the USPS system, so I will wait until Monday to see if the USPS site shows it. Little does she know I've contacted six other buyers who are in the same boat and I will unleash all of them on her at work if she continues to jerk me around.

SHe had 100% feedback on 36 items. based on items sold she's a mom, etc. I was able to get her email address and a phone number from Ebay. Both dead ends. Name is " M E " and phone is disconnected. Another ebayer sent me her full name and address. that's how I tracked her down yesterday. I also was able to reverse search her phone number from ebay and found out it's a Qwest cellular. called qwest and got a sympathetic rep who told me the phone would be reconnected next week. She likely paid her bill with my money.

Five O - I will PM you now.

Thanks to all! This site and its membership kicks ass.

DEFYANT
12-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Deadvic, that sounds like bogus info they gave to ebay. Sux you have to go through all this. We have over 600 transactions and less then 10 were bad. Sure some sellers send when they are good and ready but most are pretty good. The few time I got burnt, I shouldnt have if I would have only done my homework.

I bough from a seller who had great feedback. I got burnt and check the feed back again. They had about 40 positives out of 40. After I got burnt (out of about $100) I checked the feedback again. I dug deeper into what they had sold before. I found nothing over $5.00!!! Luckily, I paid with paypal and got my money back after paying their fees.

I only use and accept paypal. I paid with money order before and the item never showed. I was S.O.L!

A major clue is the photo. Are they showing the actual item that they have? Or is it one ripped from the internet or "file" photo?

Any one thing may not disqualify a seller, but the totality of the listing usually paints a clear picture. When in dout, skip it!

QWK SVT
12-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Called her late yesterday and she's lying her ass off. Said she mailed it. She gave me a USPS tracking number on my voicemail later yesterday. It doesn't match any records. I do know it takes some time to get that tracking number into the USPS system, so I will wait until Monday to see if the USPS site shows it. Little does she know I've contacted six other buyers who are in the same boat and I will unleash all of them on her at work if she continues to jerk me around.

SHe had 100% feedback on 36 items. based on items sold she's a mom, etc. I was able to get her email address and a phone number from Ebay. Both dead ends. Name is " M E " and phone is disconnected. Another ebayer sent me her full name and address. that's how I tracked her down yesterday. I also was able to reverse search her phone number from ebay and found out it's a Qwest cellular. called qwest and got a sympathetic rep who told me the phone would be reconnected next week. She likely paid her bill with my money.
Wow! That's pretty crappy! I've lucked out - worst case scenario was one seller who refused to respond to my emails / requests, after I won a set of $100 speakers, for 5-bucks. After about 1-month, I just gave up...

Hopefully things go well for you - If you find her, kick her a$$!

MYSTA KANG
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
I agree when they dont sell the items for what they expect to sell them at and you win the auction well below the wanting price the seller never send the item to you at all. After a couple of months the same item is on ebay for resale again.

I have contacted ebay sent them records and even saved the page showing i won and gave them the confirmation number...........all the response I recieved from ebay was we are sorry for the mistake the seller made, they forgot to put the "buy it now" price on it.